1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Firefall

Discussion in 'Games' started by FordGT90Concept, Jun 12, 2013.

1. GreiverBlade

GreiverBlade

Thanks Received:
    well i said account created but i dont have any beta keys so i wait on the reload of my card :eek:

2. FordGT90Concept

FordGT90Concept "I go fast!1!11!1!"

Thanks Received:
    One of us can give you an invite. I have two one available. If you want me to send you one, send me a PM with your email address.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2013
    GreiverBlade says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  3. GreiverBlade

GreiverBlade

Thanks Received:
    ok 1st step just random walking thumper and some sonic detonator try .... i'l say, that game is just plain awesome

good looking, the gameplay is dynamic, the story hold straight and the battleframes are gorgeous (as they allready looked to me on the website), not much customisation at start but easely solved afterward (im not buying red bean atm) and its as they said : its not a Pay 2 Win since the majority of the cash shop is cosmetic

i've read Battleframe can also be unlocked via RB or ingame via points so no biggies

totaly worth it, funny eh? i saw gameplay trailer and wiki+ newcomers guide and i said to myself: this game is totaly what i was waiting for...

ps: in fact i've read about it on AMD gaming evolved portal then i searched thru mmobomb (i could directly google it but i prefered to seek some feedback on it)

also i would add: FordGT90Concept your initial post is quite a big help to understand a bit better what's important before open beta (im glad i found that game before it :D )

4. stinger608

stinger608 Dedicated TPU Cruncher & Folder

Thanks Received:
    :toast: my in game user name is the same as here. stinger608

Looking forward to playing with fellow TPU'ers!!! :rockout:

Crunching for Team TPU
  5. james888

james888

Thanks Received:
    :toast::toast::toast:

Yes. We need a a more to make an acutal tpu squad with more than just me and ford. I am sure he is getting tired of my obnoxious antics and relentless afking by now. :D:rolleyes:

Crunching for Team TPU
  6. GreiverBlade

GreiverBlade

Thanks Received:
    Yaaay for stinger608! And james888 oh and Ford oh well with tigger and me that make five (or im miscalculating) obviously i guess timezone will be a wall depending on it

7. GreiverBlade

GreiverBlade

Thanks Received:
    Atm its 3:34am for me ;) im going to sleep XD hope to see y ou guys ingame!

i added stinger608 and Tiggerlator to FL and accepted "the winning glorious army" invite :D and did a crashed thumper event ... well i like this game huhu

oh and if somebody here on TPU want beta access before 9th july i gladely give out keys now :D 5 invite remaining.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2013
    FordGT90Concept and stinger608 say thanks.
  8. FordGT90Concept

Thanks Received:
    The patch is out and it's a 4.1 GB download for me. It's areally long list of changes...
    http://beta.firefallthegame.com/launcher/web_panel

The highlights:
    • Added full item loot drops into the game.
    • Added three small playable areas (Melding Pockets) into the game: Antarctica, Diamond Head and Sargasso Sea.
    • Added our first five player instance, Blackwater Anomaly, to the game.
    • Added a new PvP gametype, Jetball, with its first map, Omnidyne-M Prototype Arena.
    • Updated the New Player Experience. Added daily login rewards.
    • Updated daily achievements and added a rewards crate for completing the daily achievements.
    • Added a difficulty scaling system for the Open World.
    • Adjusted progression unlock resource requirements so that only groups of resources are required, not specific resources.
    • Added researching to crafting.
    • Added Stage III and Stage IV gear to crafting.
    • Added a player marketplace where players can buy and sell resources and certain items.
    • Fixed the issue causing achievement progress to reset upon logout.
    • Many UI improvements.
    • Firefall now available in French! Click the flag for France at the login for the French localized version.
    • Added a two-factor account protection system as well as the ability to change your registered e-mail address.
    • New Accounts page available at https://accounts.firefallthegame.com
    • Red Beans can be purchased via PayPal on the new Accounts page (more payment methods coming soon)!

stinger608 and GreiverBlade say thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  9. GreiverBlade

GreiverBlade

Thanks Received:
    AWESOME!
    hohoho ... i wonder how pathetic will the french mode be ... i hope its only text and not voices ... :roll:

10. james888

james888

Thanks Received:
    I wonder how they scale difficulty. I wonder if its player by player or area by area. If so I wonder if it can be farmed for easy ares missions, as in a squad coordinates and tracks the easy ares missions.

Crunching for Team TPU
  11. FordGT90Concept

Thanks Received:
    I'll let you know when I play it. XD

They made huge changes to battleframe progression though and that has me concerned. It sounds like you can't even use abilities and secondary weapons until those are unlocked with XP. Then again, they standardized resources so many kinds of resources can be used to upgrade each type (CPU, Mass, Power) so it should be easier to progress. They also tied CPU to jump jets so upgrading CPU is more useful.

I'm most excited about mobs dropping weapons (all levels). They also added level 3 and level 4 battleframe gear.

Crunching for Team TPU
  12. GreiverBlade

GreiverBlade

Thanks Received:
    beardy weirdo turned to foxy recon hummmm male get better in assault or dread while female get well as recon biotech and engineer... duh :D
    [​IMG]

and with that patch the recon is the only frame with some "gears" got works to do with the new battleframe progression...:banghead:

okay 11h47am time to get ready for work! :)

and i droped a Accord Elite Plasma Cannon II (white ... not worth much i think xD)btw the marketplace bug quite a lot (logical patchday : doomsday) if you put an item in sale then nothing show when you press alt-m afterward (i submited a bug report so they can work on it)

sidenote: i better not shorten Foxy Recon to FoxCon ... with 1 n more and it be (tm) FoxConn nahahah ... stupid isnt it?

Last edited: Jun 28, 2013
    FordGT90Concept says thanks.
  13. FordGT90Concept

Thanks Received:
    Wow they changed a lot. The addition of research made my poor self even poorer. :(

Crunching for Team TPU
  14. GreiverBlade

GreiverBlade

Thanks Received:
    hehehe... for the moment i will stick recon... its the only frame where i had enough xp to unlock some gears and the most advanced for mass/pwr/cpu

2nd and 3rd would be dread and assault

the SIN synchro failure kill me xD all i can do is farming xp and crystites

Last edited: Jun 28, 2013
  15. FordGT90Concept

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, I quit playing. The patch created a lot of problems they need to fix.

Crunching for Team TPU
  16. GreiverBlade

GreiverBlade

Thanks Received:
    well i hope i dont loose my time stacking xp and cryst ... tho i wonder about gas and other ressources needed for lvl 4 upgrades in mass/pwr/cpu

17. FordGT90Concept

Thanks Received:
    It used to be that every frame required a specific resource. Mammoth, for example, was Silicate and I think Accord Dreadnaught was Carbon. Now I think there's a general type for mass, another type for power, and another for CPU. The only thing specific now is the progression component (e.g. Dampeners) but to craft those requires 90 AMP worth of two component types and generic types too.

Long story short, it's easier than it was.

Crunching for Team TPU
  18. GreiverBlade

GreiverBlade

Thanks Received:
    Near no SIN sync error, i disconnected now and it was pretty much stable. Recon, assault, dread, all to 9/30 and prim,sec weap + basic skills unlocked. Now off to sleep!

19. james888

james888

Thanks Received:
    Build seems broken to me. I can't play more than 5 minutes before the game freezes. I get error messages in game when trying to access the printer.

The printer is different. I now have to research the refining processes. This is really going to slow my crysite production, and I may not get that lgv... sadface. Also, I can't find the recluse in the bf garage.

Crunching for Team TPU
  20. FordGT90Concept

Thanks Received:
    Maybe the EU instance is fine and the NA instance isn't? I'm about to try playing now to see how it goes.

I think you have to research the basic frame types before it will show you its Tier 2 variants.

Crunching for Team TPU
  21. GreiverBlade

GreiverBlade

Thanks Received:
    i think EU instance is fine (tho we are on the same server) i get less and less crash, and i have access to T2 Battleframe without uping T1 (still need point or red beans.).

i just connected now now ... login nearly instant and loading faster than yesterday, i used Google Authenticator for the 6 digit code and since i use many computer its really a great thing (with the Remember this computer case to tick obviously)

i think after 9.07.2013 for tier 2 B-Frames i will go R-23 "Nighthawk" D-M "Mammoth" and i hesitate between "Firecat" and "tigerclaw" for assault but R-23 1st as soon as i can get it.

22. FordGT90Concept

Thanks Received:
    Everything is working fine now it seems.

Edit: The inability to change instances is really bumming me out. I was playing on:
    game-neweden-1641-7e79304b.vpc01.us-west-2.r5external.com:25000

And now I'm stuck on:
    game-neweden-1665-26f3ad6b.vpc01.eu-west-1.r5external.com:25000

Last edited: Jun 29, 2013
    Crunching for Team TPU
  23. GreiverBlade

GreiverBlade

Thanks Received:
    weeelllll stick to the "good" side of the earth dont be an american ... oh wait you are american ... hum tried to submit a ticket to support?

or maybe someone else have to "pull" you to the "other" side ... by inviting in squad ...

or is there a config.ini or something similar that contain starting instance?

24. FordGT90Concept

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, there's a feedback thing I voted for here:
    http://feedback.firefallthegame.com...e-a-server-instead-of-jumping-into-a-randome-

Yeah, that's the only way to get back but no one from NA is on at the moment on my friend list.

I looked and I couldn't find it. I suspect what server you were on is stored server-side and it sends you back to that one.

Edit: Yay! I'm back to US West 2! :D

Edit: The Firefall servers are being a dick right now. My main problem is it won't let me into the zone chat channel.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2013
    Crunching for Team TPU
  25. GreiverBlade

GreiverBlade

Thanks Received:
    i had the same chat problem.

but what bugered me was : the printer ate some of my resources (not much just white ones and in little quantity) due to a small error :eek: i hope its fixed now

lucky me, i allways begin by lowest ressource first.