1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Firefall

Discussion in 'Games' started by FordGT90Concept, Jun 12, 2013.

1. stinger608

stinger608 Dedicated TPU Cruncher & Folder

Thanks Received:
    Ahhzz and FordGT90Concept say thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  2. HammerON

HammerON The Watchful Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I forgot all about this game...

Crunching for Team TPU
  3. Ahhzz

Ahhzz

Thanks Received:
    saw that yesterday, thought about joining up, decided I had enough games on my plate :)

4. FordGT90Concept

FordGT90Concept "I go fast!1!11!1!"

Thanks Received:
    I like that they finally got a campaign and odd job missions in. I love that they removed repairability (when depleted, equipment is trash). I don't like that they kept PVP by Sunken Harbor. I hate that there's little variety in the missions.

I few days ago, I literally lost a day playing through the campaign, getting rid of useless old gear, and installing new equipment on all of my frames. It's better than it was a year ago in some ways and in others, they either cut content (no more LGV races WTF?) or stagnated.

Crunching for Team TPU
  5. eidairaman1

eidairaman1

Thanks Received:
    Reminds me a lil of Virtual-On

6. FordGT90Concept

Thanks Received:
    I think thumpers are now tied to the area they are called in. I was in a 10-13 area and all the enemies spawned were 13 or 14. This was on personal thumper II-III, stock squad thumper, and squad thumper I. Only two in the squad and we could barely manage the squad thumpers but that was kind of expected. I was level 21 Assault and he was level 12-13 Nighthawk. I ran out of ammo more than a few times but with the squad thumpers, loot was everywhere.

When you pick up a good item in a squad now, you have two options: Need or Greed. If anyone does Need then Greed votes are ignored. The highest roll (automatic random) gets it. I think if everyone does Greed, the item is better. Since it was dropping level 10-13 stuff that was useless to me, it would be best if I rolled Greed and he rolled Need. That way he would always get it. If you ignore the message, it defaults to Greed.

Edit: Cleaned up the original post. Most of it was for beta and no longer applicable.

GreiverBlade, stinger608 and HammerON say thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  7. stinger608

stinger608 Dedicated TPU Cruncher & Folder

Thanks Received:
    I played it early in the beta but haven't played the game since. Downloaded it last night, so will be jumping in sometime this weekend I think.

GreiverBlade says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  8. GreiverBlade

GreiverBlade

Thanks Received:
    i am still on and still strong xD i love the last iteration of the game system, well time to tune up and gear up all my frames :)
    i thought it was funny to use my Lv40 Recluse to do all the campaign mission BWA was by far the hardest even for a 40 (ok even for a 40 i have a low PR, power rating :roll: ) but now i see each strategy and boss fight pattern (well only the one in BWA is tricky) and also i didn't had to roll for the 2 HMG (laser and plasma) for my Rhino and Mammoth for Lv25 :D also one fun thing Campaign Mission are adaptive 1 player : less mobs than if 2 3 4 5 player, perfectly soloable even with a Nighthawk (well reflex unscope close range shot are a bit tricky to get right but "die hard learn hard" )

last drop : Entropic Overdrive Lv22 :D purple keep liking me it seems ahah
    GreiverBlade~Jul-29-2014~New Eden~1~p9.png

stinger608 says thanks.
  9. Warrgarbl

Warrgarbl

Thanks Received:
    I'll definitely have a look again. I really like the oldschool-style gameplay and have been playing on and off for quite a while now. The first month was awesome, but somehow the game lacks staying power. I hope that they improved on that because I really like the game and its mechanics :)

10. FordGT90Concept

Thanks Received:
    Is the Black Water Anomaly the same as before or did they completely change it? The one time I did it, I remember blowing up three big structures then going up to the top of a mountain and killing a lot of really big Chosen then flying back down to the escape.

Crunching for Team TPU
  11. GreiverBlade

GreiverBlade

Thanks Received:

nothing changed on that :D still 3 drill to blow and a Necronus ... i just got a solo run ( but 2 guy joined me at start then quited ... which enabled the "moar mobs" factor) on my NH 24

edit weeheee NH25 Sertao here i come! (not that i couldn't go with any of my other frames 25+ but i wanted to go NH :D )

Last edited: Jul 31, 2014
    FordGT90Concept says thanks.
  12. newconroer

newconroer

Thanks Received:
    Certainly improved in some ways, but going back to a numerical progression battle frame system is crappy. It's what they started with and then resorted to at the last minute to appease the mainstream.
    Also, performance is down from six months ago. My newer GPUs are slower than previous.

Otherwise, having a good time with it!

13. GreiverBlade

GreiverBlade

Thanks Received:
    quite strange... i have a all AMD setup with a R9 290 and i get (lowest) in crowded zone 35-40fps (logical it's a mmo so my FX-6300 @4.0 is the weak link) in normal map roaming 55-66fps and in instanced zone 82-90fps
    maybe due to the CFX setup since you have the same type of card. (what was your older card 6 month ago me it was a R9 270 and the fps was quite lower than now)

my settings are custom, AKA: all to the max except "motion blur"

14. newconroer

newconroer

Thanks Received:
    I disabled crossfire to rule that out and it effectively lowers my performance by half which makes sense.
    My main gripe is that in non intensive areas, the frames move up and down quite frequently from 60, 51, 58, 57, 60, 57, etcetc. A perfect example is when on my LGV roaming through The Dunes, facing certain directions and I'm blazing at 60 capped, nice and smooth. I then pan the camera to face what is effectively the same type of rendered scene I was just looking at, and now it's down to 45, bouncing to 55, 41, 49, 52 etc.

I only get cap frames solidly while indoors. Combat indoors of course can get a bit heavy with all the particles, but even then, it's still fairly strong at 40-50+

So it has something to do with rendering outdoors. I did notice that if I yank the draw distance back to 100m(which is nothing), the performance is locked. If I move it just beyond 100m I start getting the up and down frames again.

My previous GTX 680 SLI handled the game fine anywhere other than heavy battles and populated towns, so needless to say I am not impressed with the lack of performance by the 290s in what is meant to be an AMD optimized title.

15. FordGT90Concept

Thanks Received:
  16. GreiverBlade

GreiverBlade

Thanks Received:
    edit if i ever knew i could change B-Frame loadout on the fly ... gosh ... Nighthawk BWA never go so easy ... switching between situation to a R36 Phantom and back to a Bolt Ophiuchus or switchings ability's and core's according to situations ... hmmm keep liking that more and more

edit bis: OHHHH YEAH! back to 10K headshots on the NH weehee

great! now we can refine enhanced product to get basic one ... IE: titanium plating (purple) to titanium bar (blue) just what i needed to finish my hybrids for the XLR (and need 2k Cr still xD )
    yep pretty much what i needed :
    GreiverBlade~Aug-6-2014~Sertao~1~p1.png

oh yeah the XLR is the red/grey/green one :D (like the Beta Cy Cobra iirc)
    GreiverBlade~Aug-6-2014~Sertao~1~p2.png

Last edited: Aug 6, 2014
  17. FordGT90Concept

Thanks Received:
    That looks suspiciously like the Cobra Race LGV...

Crunching for Team TPU
  18. newconroer

newconroer

Thanks Received:
    If I could find a permanent mobile racing start line, I'd be set...still got my race Cobra from Beta.

19. FordGT90Concept

Thanks Received:
    There aren't any rechargeable start lines as far as I know and they removed all of the permanent races. :(

Crunching for Team TPU
  20. newconroer

newconroer

Thanks Received:
    Eeep!

I am highly considering buying pilots licenses and unlocking frames that way. Getting to 40 on my Recluse is going to be frustrating now that they nerfed Poison ball. That and I'm tired of shard hopping to do OCT invasions as the only sense of excitement post 30.

21. GreiverBlade

GreiverBlade

Thanks Received:
    oh they nerfed it? i didn't noticed ... my PB still hurt plenty ... (well my recluse is already 40 ... so i might be ... ah whatever xD )

currently up'ing my Dragonfly (29 atm)

22. newconroer

newconroer

Thanks Received:
    They say now it's not nerfed, but working as intended. Fu** me if I had a dime for everytime a MMO developer used that phrase.

I'm tempted to buy a Bastion but heard they are worthless now since turrets got the nerf bat.

23. GreiverBlade

GreiverBlade

Thanks Received:
    if i hade a dime every player said something like that xD ;) (they aren't worthless at all, only player who can't do anything else than popping turrets and AFK'ing thumping and can't adapt say Bast are worthless now)
    what 2 minutes duration turret is not enough? ... nerfbat: nonsense, its more dynamical as it is now ... at last the Bastion is no more a lazy bums easy mode frame :D

like in wow... i played all classes but specially warrior and i got nerfed because of pvp crybabies, yet i never had any problems with theses so called nerf, and gosh warr got nerf nerf nerf nerf and overnerf.

tho FF devs could do something inteligent : nerfing only PVP stats and letting PVE untainted... if pvp'er want to cry over "how OP is a frame" then they can but as long as it doesn't affect PVE

PS there is a racing start point in Dredge now ... maybe they re added races, and also yep the LGV on screen look like a beta Cy not the race one who is like the P-1 now, also the XLR is physically blue (color) it seems

FordGT90Concept says thanks.
  24. FordGT90Concept

Thanks Received:
    Ah, that makes sense. Instead of having out free Race LGVs to everyone, they're making you require one to race. In Dredge, people should have at least the P-1 at that point.

Crunching for Team TPU
  25. GreiverBlade

GreiverBlade

Thanks Received:
    200'100Cy it never did cost 250K ;) there is a 49900 Cy difference .... the P39 is the 200k bike (100Cy the key and 50k Cy each part and there was 4 parts in total)

i posted a suggestion on FF forums to up all purple and blue quality LGV to 7500hit point ... its not normal that the XLR (who is blue quality) has more HP than a Locust/Vortex/Zephyr/Vapor/R54/P39/BetaCy LGV who have same as a P-1

in short P-1 3000 all others 7500 or all other purple 7500 all other blue include the XLR : 4500

also that will be funny when a XLR, fresh new from the official launch, rider meet a P39 rider from beta ... "y es eet u baike ees sayme as myne but go fastah?" don't laugh .... i nearly got the exact same sentence about my Locust ... (same writing same idea ... ) with the addition with a half dozen whisper on "hauw tou gait eet plsplsplspls tel mi" .... :roll:

repost due to the rollback XD
    GreiverBlade~Aug-9-2014~Sertao~1~p1.jpg
    Untitled.jpg Untitled2.jpg
    3.jpg
    Untitled3.jpg Untitled4.jpg