1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Firefox's CEO Brandon Eich steps down amid controversy

Discussion in 'General Software' started by Vario, Apr 3, 2014.

1. Peter1986C

Peter1986C

Thanks Received:
    I agree to that. For all or for none.

2. lilhasselhoffer

Thanks Received:
    ...I think we've come to an understanding of sorts. I'll say one last thing, which I believe needs to be touched on. The Mozilla foundation is centered in the United States. As such, they are not obliged to UK rules related to their US dealings. You have quoted a UK law.

For those who want to say it, "we do freedom differently here in 'Murica." There are still private groups allowed to segregate based upon race, gender, and sexual orientation. If you'd like to see an example of the opposite of traditional white versus black segregation, look at the NAACP. If you want segregation based upon sexual orientation and a belief in god look at the Boyscouts.

While I am proud to be an Eagle scout, I suggested people avoid them (until they allowed all boys to be scouts). I still have reservations because they don't allow homosexual scout masters.

3. Bansaku

Bansaku

Thanks Received:

Couldn't agree with you more. Just like to add, there are ALOT of LGBT who don't agree with their kin getting married based on principal. Why cause such a hullabaloo over literally .75% of the population; 1.5% is the official percent of North Americans who identify themselves as LGBT, and it's the Liberal lefties, the .75%, are the ones crying foul. 60% of North American's identify themselves as Christian (including many LGBT). Do the math here! The (self proclaimed) bullied are now the bullies!!!

4. lilhasselhoffer

Thanks Received:
    No. No, no, no no.

Rights are not for the majority. Being accepted is not for the majority. The rights that are secured in the US are designed to protect the minority from the majority. Just because most people believe something does not make it true. Approach all arguments based upon the voracity of their facts, not on how many people agree with a particular view.

5. Ahhzz

Ahhzz

Thanks Received:
    I stand corrected (and feel stupid :) )