• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

First screen shots of NFS Most Wanted 2012

System Name Aluminum Mallard
Processor Ryzen 1900x
Motherboard AsRock Phantom 6
Cooling AIO
Memory 32GB
Video Card(s) EVGA 3080Ti FTW
Storage SSD
Display(s) Benq Zowie
Case Cosmos 1000
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply Corsair CX750
VR HMD HTV Vive, Valve Index
Software Arch Linux
Benchmark Scores 31 FPS in Dalaran
Apparently i'll be buying NFS game every other year, skipping BlackBox's garbage and support Criterion's work. NFS Hot Pursuit 2010 was a bit buggy and flawed but the single player Auto Log was quite fun and challenging and multiplayer, despite few limitations was great fun.
Which i cannot say for the idiotic retarded The Run which has absolutely dumb multiplayer.
First some idiot thought it would be smart sticking 99% of achievements to online events. Well i rarely have friends online, but they forced me to add some random ppl just so i can get new cars. Stupid. Lobby is useless, you have to listen to some ppl farting and talking in foreign languages you don't even understand with NO way of turning that off, you get 30 seconds to pick a car and it's bodykit instead of doing that the entire friggin time you're waiting in a lobby (not to mention loading of bodykit view takes 5 seconds on high end system so you often don't even have enough time to select what you really want). And you simply cannot start a multiplayer game without starting in the middle of the race which means you can basically kiss goodbye a high winning ratio if there s just no physically possible way of winning because you just don't have enough points. And there are bunch of other stupid things i totally hate about The Run. Only good thing are the graphics and the way how you experience the continental race through different environments. They even managed to fuck up the sound which for me is a No.1 thing in racing games. You drive a muscle car, accelerate and instead of roaring engine it makes it less noisy? Which 7.2L V8 gets less noisy with 5k+ RPM !?

Seriously EA, if you want to make a game revolving around multiplayer, then fuckin support it properly (i wonder why they can do that for Battlefield 3 but not for NFS series). The Run hasn't got any bug fix since it's release half a year ago which is just not acceptable despite the fact its loaded with bugs, flaws and just lacking options (like that friggin option to turn of voices of other ppl). Just don't wonder why ppl prefer to steal your work instead.

I really hope new Most Wanted will be different, but considering how EA is behaving lately i have less and less trust in their work and their company ethics. Taking a full price and delivering a broken game that never gets any updates is just wrong and it crossed my mind few times after i raged at all the The Run idiotic stuff, to just steal the next game and not even bother supporting them. They don't seem to give any damn shit about me either so why should i be any different?
Or i'll just wait till the price drops to near zero and buy it then. I frankly don't care if i play it a year or two later but they won't get my money from it.

A very well thought out post. All thoughts are very well put out there, and I can totally see you want to like the NFS games.

Only you abreviated people every time you mentioned them. It's the only full word that is abbreviated. Ppl. Four times.

Processor Intel Core i5-3570K
Motherboard Asus P8Z77-V Pro
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory 8GB Mushkin Blackline DDR3-1600
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GTX 670
Storage Intel 520 60GB, Seagate Barracuda XT 2TB
Display(s) BenQ 24" XL2420T
Case Corsair 550D
Audio Device(s) Sennheiser HD600, Audeze LCD-3F, Mytek Stereo 192 DSD, La Figaro 339, Burson HA-160, Geek Pulse X
Power Supply Corsair AX650
Mouse steelseries Sensei MLG edition
Keyboard Cooler Master QuickFire Pro
Software Windows 7 64-bit Home Premium
long live Razor Callahan

Last edited by a moderator:
I always say "ppl" instead "people". Old habit i guess.

These cut scenes in Most Wanted were pretty good. I think it was the first time they used green background where they blended real actors with rendered graphics. There was a behind the scenes video showing how they made it. Too bad there weren't many videos in the other half of the game, just racing. Videos connected the game itself pretty well with funny moments like this 5 grand scene :D

Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Case Corsair 550D
Audio Device(s) Sennheiser HD600, Audeze LCD-3F, Mytek Stereo 192 DSD, La Figaro 339, Burson HA-160, Geek Pulse X
I wonder if this has anything to do with the original. I mean it is called Most Wanted and not Most Wanted 2. the only thing they could have in common is open world, police and persistent car upgrades. Criterion does have an excellent track record so i'm not worried.

my favorite in the series by far is the original underground, it sort of worked properly, and gameplay was nice as well. you needed you're whole life to complete the second one though, 220+ races!
I think also that the worst in the series by a long way was Hot Pursuit 2010, childish gameplay, all gz dz wz stuff. arrrgh, no open world free run mode, buggy and so on. undercover could be good, nice story line (not as good as most wanted or carbon, but better than let's say, SHIFT 2), but man was it buggy. if the next one made by criterion is anything like HP 2010, i won't be bothering with it.

I wonder if this has anything to do with the original. I mean it is called Most Wanted and not Most Wanted 2. the only thing they could have in common is open world, police and persistent car upgrades. Criterion does have an excellent track record so i'm not worried.

Hot Pursuit 2010 was also called just "Hot Pursuit". We, the users added 2010 to avoid confusion. So, Most Wanted will be "internally" called Most Wanted 2 or Most Wanted 2012.

my favorite in the series by far is the original underground, it sort of worked properly, and gameplay was nice as well. you needed you're whole life to complete the second one though, 220+ races!
I think also that the worst in the series by a long way was Hot Pursuit 2010, childish gameplay, all gz dz wz stuff. arrrgh, no open world free run mode, buggy and so on. undercover could be good, nice story line (not as good as most wanted or carbon, but better than let's say, SHIFT 2), but man was it buggy. if the next one made by criterion is anything like HP 2010, i won't be bothering with it.

I can't agree with you. The gameplay in NFS HP 2010 was not childish, in fact it was quite deep. The main problem were glitches and cheaters that ruined the police chases online.
Teleporting traffic cars, glitchy spike strips, cheaters and helicopters dropping spikes on you directly even though it was you who called it in. Lack of car selection in the lobby where you had to wait 60 seconds most of the time for game to even begin and then got 30 seconds to actually pick the car. Similar nonsense like in The Run, just less severe.
And all this is because of retarded consoles which don't have enough memory to run the lobby and game selection menu at once. Obviously, because i cannot think of a single other reason why that cannot be done. Plus the car control was really crucial and with proper driving skills you could outrun much faster cars easily. Where in The Run it's apparently faster to just grind the protective railings than to try and drive properly through the corner. Have seen bunch of dorks just smashing into the railing fulls peed and then just grind it all the way and then press nitro to get it going. If you do that in Hot Pursuit 2010 you'll lose even more time.

System Name Lailalo
Processor Ryzen 9 5900X Boosts to 4.95Ghz
Motherboard Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus (WIFI
Cooling Noctua
Memory 32GB DDR4 3200 Corsair Vengeance
Video Card(s) XFX 7900XT 20GB
Storage Samsung 970 Pro Plus 1TB, Crucial 1TB MX500 SSD, Segate 3TB
Display(s) LG Ultrawide 29in @ 2560x1080
Case Coolermaster Storm Sniper
Power Supply XPG 1000W
Mouse G602
Keyboard G510s
Software Windows 10 Pro / Windows 10 Home
I'd rather have an Underground remake. I'm very cautious with MW as it was the beginning of the custom tuner genre's downward slope. Underground 2 was and still is the pinnacle of the series. Could take cars and tweak them to insane lengths. I'll still play it again from time to time.

But MW added the tier system, took away a lot of the customizing fun and added police chases. It would not have been bad to do the chases and such had it have just been Underground 2 with chases. MW's upper tiers were just chock full of super cars. Which started the NFS series back to the boring stock super car racing. Yeah I can ooo and ahhh the big cars at times but it was just real fun tweaking the heck out things and being able to use them for as long as you wanted.

Splave

I liked NFS underground and underground 2 more for the car selection. These days every game has buggatti veyrons and lamborghinis but nfsu2's fastest cars were skylines and mitsubishi lancers and stuff like that.... cars for real people... cars that when you upgrade tthem, you go, damn i want this car in real life!

nfsu1 was the first time Id ever seen a hondas s2000 and ive wanted one ever since, especially after driving one...

exactly what this guy said

I'd rather have an Underground remake. I'm very cautious with MW as it was the beginning of the custom tuner genre's downward slope. Underground 2 was and still is the pinnacle of the series. Could take cars and tweak them to insane lengths. I'll still play it again from time to time.

But MW added the tier system, took away a lot of the customizing fun and added police chases. It would not have been bad to do the chases and such had it have just been Underground 2 with chases. MW's upper tiers were just chock full of super cars. Which started the NFS series back to the boring stock super car racing. Yeah I can ooo and ahhh the big cars at times but it was just real fun tweaking the heck out things and being able to use them for as long as you wanted.

And how exactly is driving a riced up Toyota more exciting than a 300.000 EUR sports car. Maybe for those who like spinners and stupid vinyls but my bets are on the prestige brands like Lamborghini, Aston Martin, Porsche and so on, not riced up Toyota's and Hyundai's. Not that i don't like these cars in real life, i drive the second one but it's just not the same. And NFS series have always been about supercars. Just look at TNFS, NFS2, NFS3, NFS etc... ricing was there just because of Fast & Furious and nothing else.

Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Case Corsair 550D

Completely Bonkers

Processor Mysterious Engineering Prototype
Motherboard Intel 865
Cooling Custom block made in workshop
Memory Corsair XMS 2GB
Video Card(s) FireGL X3-256
Display(s) 1600x1200 SyncMaster x 2 = 3200x1200
Software Windows 2003
Give me a "history" NFS with decent scenery and tracks, like NFS Porsche Unleashed (2000), but updated and with MP. If for legal reasons they cant do Porsche again (shame, it would be great to have a 2012 quality version of the game) then choose another car franchise. It might be less exciting than Porsche, but the history aspect and using it, and adding realistic engine upgrades, was part of the game progression and was pretty cool.

For those that havent played NFS PU then you have really missed a classic. Unfortunately it is so dated now (2000) that it is hard to recommend today unless you are up for some old x386 nostalgia. Imagine what you could do with a modern CPU, GPU and updated games engine...

System Name Space Station
Processor Intel 13700K
Motherboard ASRock Z790 PG Riptide
Cooling Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420
Memory Corsair Vengeance 6400 2x16GB @ CL34
Video Card(s) PNY RTX 4080
Storage SSDs - Nextorage 4TB, Samsung EVO 970 500GB, Plextor M5Pro 128GB, HDDs - WD Black 6TB, 2x 1TB
Display(s) LG C3 OLED 42"
Case Corsair 7000D Airflow
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V371
Power Supply SeaSonic Vertex 1200w Gold
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3
Keyboard Bloody B840-LK
Software Windows 11 Pro 23H2
The only Criterion game I've really enjoyed was Burnout Paradise, but even that was a bit frustrating due to being too easy and repetitious, having no AI bike races, and no PC DLC. You spend a lot of time getting that Elite license breezing through easy races and burn routes only to find the game ends with no Elite level races. Just to prove my point I made several videos doing the tougher races and burn routes with no boost on the races, and tons of stunts or extremely long alternate routes on burn routes.

Here's Catch My Drift using a very long route via the quarry:

BP's steering wasn't bad, but Hot Pursuit 2010 was plagued with steering lag. Worse yet one of the primary ways to fill the boost meter was close calls with oncoming traffic, like those two combined makes any sense at all. The supercharger was very arcade and over the top, as was the locked in vs manual drift steering. Pursuit weapons were very hit and miss and often didn't deploy properly, or at all. Getaway AI would often do constant 180's, and between the camera yoyoing to zoom when slowing with no peripheral, and the mini map offering little help in locating them, it was at times a try it again affair.

I don't see Hot Pursuit 2010 as being any better than any of the NFS games made in the last several years that were poorly done, and since Criterion made it, I have to put it on them.

Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Case Corsair 550D

FordGT90Concept

"I go fast!1!11!1!"
System Name BY-2021
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X (65w eco profile)
Motherboard MSI B550 Gaming Plus
Cooling Scythe Mugen (rev 5)
Memory 2 x Kingston HyperX DDR4-3200 32 GiB
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT
Storage Samsung 980 Pro, Seagate Exos X20 TB 7200 RPM
Display(s) Nixeus NX-EDG274K (3840x2160@144 DP) + Samsung SyncMaster 906BW (1440x900@60 HDMI-DVI)
Case Coolermaster HAF 932 w/ USB 3.0 5.25" bay + USB 3.2 (A+C) 3.5" bay
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1150, Micca OriGen+
Power Supply Enermax Platimax 850w
Mouse Nixeus REVEL-X
Keyboard Tesoro Excalibur
Software Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Benchmark Scores Faster than the tortoise; slower than the hare.
Give me a "history" NFS with decent scenery and tracks, like NFS Porsche Unleashed (2000), but updated and with MP. If for legal reasons they cant do Porsche again (shame, it would be great to have a 2012 quality version of the game) then choose another car franchise. It might be less exciting than Porsche, but the history aspect and using it, and adding realistic engine upgrades, was part of the game progression and was pretty cool.

For those that havent played NFS PU then you have really missed a classic. Unfortunately it is so dated now (2000) that it is hard to recommend today unless you are up for some old x386 nostalgia. Imagine what you could do with a modern CPU, GPU and updated games engine...
Porsche Unleashed did have MP. FYI, the console version of the game is very, very different from the Windows version. So different, they shouldn't have shared names. Console multiplayer was excellent; Windows multiplayer was blah.

System Name Space Station
Processor Intel 13700K
Motherboard ASRock Z790 PG Riptide
Cooling Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420
Memory Corsair Vengeance 6400 2x16GB @ CL34
Video Card(s) PNY RTX 4080
Storage SSDs - Nextorage 4TB, Samsung EVO 970 500GB, Plextor M5Pro 128GB, HDDs - WD Black 6TB, 2x 1TB
Display(s) LG C3 OLED 42"
Case Corsair 7000D Airflow
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V371
Power Supply SeaSonic Vertex 1200w Gold
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3
Keyboard Bloody B840-LK
Software Windows 11 Pro 23H2
if you bought Burnout Paradise Ultimate Edition for PC you can unlock the DLC.
Oh please, I'm talking about Big Surf Island, which consoles got and PC got shafted on. That unlocker cannot give you BSI, it was a separate development.

Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Case Corsair 550D
I like the Burnout takedowns, driving through signs, jumps, etc. it's got the property damage counter like in Most Wanted. police look aggressive. driving looks good. Frostbite looks good.

Last edited:
Using Frostbite 2 engine for NFS series is imo one of the better things EA has done lately.
This engine is freakin superb. Looks breathtaking, yet it still runs super fast. Yesterday i've installed NFS World and it looks horrible and runs like at 30fps with constant jitter and lag while steering. NFS The Run, all max settings, feels like it's running at 60+ fps. Just no comparison.

This thread pulled me so much into it, i've decided to purchase NFS Most Wanted again, this time for PC. I already own the PS2 version but hey, it's just few EUR retail so why the heck not :D
I have the need for some high speed police chases. I remember it was quite fun wrecking hundreds of cop cars, pulling off insane roadblock misses and so on.

Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Case Corsair 550D
Hot Pursuit 2010 didn't have any story either. If everything else is done properly i don't really need one. Though the one in original Most Wanted was pretty good.

Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Case Corsair 550D
Processor AMD Phenom II x2 550BE
Motherboard Asus M4A79T Deluxe
Cooling OCZ CNPS10X Flex (Dual 80cfm fans)
Memory OCZ Reaper 1866 4GB
Video Card(s) ASUS EAH4870 Dark Knight 1G
Storage 150gb WD Raptor
Display(s) Viewsonic Optiquest Q22wb
Case Apevia X-Navigator
Power Supply OCZ ModXStream Pro 500W
Software Windows 7 Ulitimate (64bit)
I see quite a few people quoting NFS Porsche Unleashed but oddly enough the best NFS game that changed the scene was High Stakes. The online MP on the PC was the game changer in my opinion. Had many awesome tracks along with awesome sets of cars, of which could be upgraded and such. Plus you had a chance to race for pinks. Of which that doesn't happen in racing games anymore.

Back on topic, I would probably buy this game if it did continue on from carbon. I don't think the story is finished...I could be wrong though.

Actually pink slips were in Most Wanted as well where you were picking "?" fields and sometimes you got pink slip. But it wasn't as a specific race like in High Stakes. Plus High Stakes was just an upgrade of NFS3 Hot Pursuit (that's why it has all the old tracks and most of the cars). Which was nice at the time. Imagine a game where Most Wanted, Carbon and Undercover cities are joined into one mega city. Zomg...

Hot Pursuit 2010 was also called just "Hot Pursuit". We, the users added 2010 to avoid confusion. So, Most Wanted will be "internally" called Most Wanted 2 or Most Wanted 2012.

I can't agree with you. The gameplay in NFS HP 2010 was not childish, in fact it was quite deep. The main problem were glitches and cheaters that ruined the police chases online.
Teleporting traffic cars, glitchy spike strips, cheaters and helicopters dropping spikes on you directly even though it was you who called it in. Lack of car selection in the lobby where you had to wait 60 seconds most of the time for game to even begin and then got 30 seconds to actually pick the car. Similar nonsense like in The Run, just less severe.
And all this is because of retarded consoles which don't have enough memory to run the lobby and game selection menu at once. Obviously, because i cannot think of a single other reason why that cannot be done. Plus the car control was really crucial and with proper driving skills you could outrun much faster cars easily. Where in The Run it's apparently faster to just grind the protective railings than to try and drive properly through the corner. Have seen bunch of dorks just smashing into the railing fulls peed and then just grind it all the way and then press nitro to get it going. If you do that in Hot Pursuit 2010 you'll lose even more time.

I was mainly focusing on the single player experience when I said the stuff above. and in that respect, hot pursuit 2010 was rubbish. the main issue i had with it was that i could never find me saying "I HAVE to finish this race because then i will see a cutscene with my girlfriend talking about what things have gone wrong for me and what must i do to put them right." there is no excitement in them like there was in the olden days. but I do understand that people have different taste.

the other issue was the car selection they are making to put in. I really don't like travelling at over 5000 kmph in a veyron supersport, where drifting gives you more speed and stupid points. I want game play to be realistic and not childish like those nintendo gameboy games,
but I don't like either focusing too much on driving technicalities like getting the perfect line whilst driving through corners or entry speeds of a corner and having to drive tiring and boring laps in silverstone.

What I would like to say as a summary is that I like a driving game to have Realistic ganeplay and more importantly physics, meanwhile driving on a nice open road with beautiful sceneries. good quality and realistic engine and exhaust noise, good sense of speed (you don't fell like you're going 210 when the speedo shows 329), and not aggressive.

in short the perfect game is:
TDU 2 or 1 world,
Car control and physics like NFS Shift "1",
Good story line not like, but of the same qualities as NFS Carbon,
Graphics appearance like NFS Run,
interior view like Shift 1.

so come on developers! make that, please I beg of you!

Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Case Corsair 550D
I was mainly focusing on the single player experience when I said the stuff above. and in that respect, hot pursuit 2010 was rubbish. the main issue i had with it was that i could never find me saying "I HAVE to finish this race because then i will see a cutscene with my girlfriend talking about what things have gone wrong for me and what must i do to put them right." there is no excitement in them like there was in the olden days. but I do understand that people have different taste.

the other issue was the car selection they are making to put in. I really don't like travelling at over 5000 kmph in a veyron supersport, where drifting gives you more speed and stupid points. I want game play to be realistic and not childish like those nintendo gameboy games,
but I don't like either focusing too much on driving technicalities like getting the perfect line whilst driving through corners or entry speeds of a corner and having to drive tiring and boring laps in silverstone.

What I would like to say as a summary is that I like a driving game to have Realistic ganeplay and more importantly physics, meanwhile driving on a nice open road with beautiful sceneries. good quality and realistic engine and exhaust noise, good sense of speed (you don't fell like you're going 210 when the speedo shows 329), and not aggressive.

in short the perfect game is:
TDU 2 or 1 world,
Car control and physics like NFS Shift "1",
Good story line not like, but of the same qualities as NFS Carbon,
Graphics appearance like NFS Run,
interior view like Shift 1.

so come on developers! make that, please I beg of you!

Forza Horizon has everything you want.