• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Flashing a GTX 1650 mobile vbios over a Quatro T2000 mobile

Lianesch

Hi all,

New here but been on this site for many years.

I currently have a Dell XPS 7590 (i5-9300H) and I'm considering buying a secondhand Precision 5540 (I7-9850H) for a great price. Other than the CPU's, the only other difference is the GPU, which is a 1650 mobile in the XPS and a Quatro T2000 in the Precision. Can I flash the 1650 vbios over the T2000 to basically make the Precision run as if it had a 1650 mobile GPU? They suppose to be the same GPU in theory right?

Thanks in advance

Processor Ryzen 1600AF @4.2Ghz 1.35v
Motherboard MSI B450M PRO-A-MAX
Cooling Deepcool Gammaxx L120t
Memory 16GB Team Group Dark Pro Sammy-B-die 3400mhz 14.15.14.30-1.4v
Video Card(s) XFX RX 5600 XT THICC II PRO
Storage 240GB Brave eagle SSD/ 2TB Seagate Barracuda
Display(s) Dell SE2719HR
Case MSI Mag Vampiric 011C AMD Ryzen Edition
Power Supply EVGA 600W 80+
Software Windows 10 Pro
In short, IMO likely no, as they are both mobile GPU variants, you may find the GPU bios is engrained into the main BIOS of the motherboard and in flashing one to the other you will likely brick your laptop in the process, Also I would have thought that the Quadro would be a higher binned variant of the same TU117 chip and you would be losing some clock/boost speed as well as memory bandwidth in the process due to their different clocks. That would be my theory anyway.

What would be the purpose of this?
You can use game ready drivers with quadro cards.

Lianesch

What would be the purpose of this?
You can use game ready drivers with quadro cards.
Hi,

I have never used a Quatro before. It would be for lite gaming while I travel.

In short, IMO likely no, as they are both mobile GPU variants, you may find the GPU bios is engrained into the main BIOS of the motherboard and in flashing one to the other you will likely brick your laptop in the process, Also I would have thought that the Quadro would be a higher binned variant of the same TU117 chip and you would be losing some clock/boost speed as well as memory bandwidth in the process due to their different clocks. That would be my theory anyway.
Thanks, I believe you might be right about the vbios engrained into the main bios. Didn't think of that. But in regards to clocks, it would be easy to just push the clock speeds back up to Quatro clocks.

Thanks guys for your response.