1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Flashing nVIDIA GeForce FX 5200

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by odomike, Jun 23, 2007.

1. odomike New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hey everyone,

I wanna use this means to introduce maself. I am Michael Odo, from Nigeria. I love hardwares and softwares and everything about computers.

Well, my Everest Ultimate Engineer Edition tells me that my video BIOS is more than 2 years old, And recommends an update. I have gone through a series of search on the internet and finally landed myself here. I need your help please.

I have downloaded nvflash.exe, made a DOS boot diskette and also downloaded a program called nVIDIA BIOS editor but I dont know how to use it and I dont wanna make mistakes which will cost me.

How and from where do I get a compatible BIOS rom that will go with my GeForce FX 5200? Secondly, I read somewhere that it is possible to convert your GeForce GPU to a much higher and faster Quadro GPU. How do I do this.

Please help me.

thanks in advance.

2. Kammster New Member

Thanks Received:
    DO NOT flash a bios unless it gives problem, or u want to modify its features.
    don't know much about the Quadro mod, but look for Rivatuner for overclocking and other features) at guru3d

10 Year Member at TPU
  3. ChaoticBlankness

ChaoticBlankness New Member

Thanks Received:
    I think Everest was talking about your Motherboard BIOS. Traditionally, GPUs don't get regular BIOS updates. Also, the 5200 can be flash to a 5500... but why bother, the only difference is the clock speeds so just play it safe and overclock it.

10 Year Member at TPU
  4. Casheti

Casheti New Member

Thanks Received:
    I have a GeForce FX 5200...

It sucks :shadedshu

10 Year Member at TPU