• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Flashing nVIDIA GeForce FX 5200

odomike

Hey everyone,

I wanna use this means to introduce maself. I am Michael Odo, from Nigeria. I love hardwares and softwares and everything about computers.

Well, my Everest Ultimate Engineer Edition tells me that my video BIOS is more than 2 years old, And recommends an update. I have gone through a series of search on the internet and finally landed myself here. I need your help please.

I have downloaded nvflash.exe, made a DOS boot diskette and also downloaded a program called nVIDIA BIOS editor but I dont know how to use it and I dont wanna make mistakes which will cost me.

How and from where do I get a compatible BIOS rom that will go with my GeForce FX 5200? Secondly, I read somewhere that it is possible to convert your GeForce GPU to a much higher and faster Quadro GPU. How do I do this.

Please help me.

thanks in advance.

Kammster

Processor Sempron 64 2800+ DH-E6 (@2Ghz - bios limit)
Motherboard DFI NF3 250-AL (@250 FSB - 2000 HTT)
Cooling 92mm + 80mm Exhausts / Amd HSF mod:80mm fan + VF700 cuLED [mod to x800 fan control]
Memory 1GB Buffalo DDR 400 @416 3-4-4-8 1T
Video Card(s) Sapphire X800 GTO (broken- sapphire is BAD)--256mb 6200
Storage WD 120 GB Caviar SE + 1GB Flash [80GB 7200.9 offline]
Display(s) 19" Samsung Widesceen LCD
Case Xtech cheapo
Audio Device(s) onboard - Realtek 6Ch
Power Supply Coolermaster eXtreme Power 550W w/ Antec 120mmLED
Software Windows XP SP2 + nforce 76.45 + nforce 5.10
DO NOT flash a bios unless it gives problem, or u want to modify its features.
don't know much about the Quadro mod, but look for Rivatuner for overclocking and other features) at guru3d

Processor Athlon64 X2 3800+ @ 2.6Ghz
Motherboard BioStar TForce4 SLI (939)
Cooling Stock Opteron Heatpipe Cooler
Memory 4x512 Crucial BalistiX, @ DDR520, 2.5-3-3-8
Video Card(s) ATI, x1900 AIW (600/620)
Storage 80GB SATA2, 320GB eSATA2
Display(s) AGM 19" Widescreen LCD, 4ms
Case Aspire X-Dreamer (Black)
Audio Device(s) Auzentech: X-Meridan (Best Soundcard Ever)
Power Supply Rosewill 550W 2x12V
Software XP Professional X64 & Ubuntu 7.10 x86
Hey everyone,

I wanna use this means to introduce maself. I am Michael Odo, from Nigeria. I love hardwares and softwares and everything about computers.

Well, my Everest Ultimate Engineer Edition tells me that my video BIOS is more than 2 years old, And recommends an update. I have gone through a series of search on the internet and finally landed myself here. I need your help please.

I have downloaded nvflash.exe, made a DOS boot diskette and also downloaded a program called nVIDIA BIOS editor but I dont know how to use it and I dont wanna make mistakes which will cost me.

How and from where do I get a compatible BIOS rom that will go with my GeForce FX 5200? Secondly, I read somewhere that it is possible to convert your GeForce GPU to a much higher and faster Quadro GPU. How do I do this.

Please help me.

thanks in advance.

I think Everest was talking about your Motherboard BIOS. Traditionally, GPUs don't get regular BIOS updates. Also, the 5200 can be flash to a 5500... but why bother, the only difference is the clock speeds so just play it safe and overclock it.