• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Flashing problems can you flash AGP cards?

rehabb

when i do that thread ... follow steps with the boot disk and everything it says when i type atiflash -s 0 original.bin it says there is no adapter and idea guys??

darkoak

rehabb said:
well can you????? please tell me??

Do you have onboard video as well as your AGP card?? This caused all kind of problems when I was trying to re-flash a card I messed up on a friends computer. Atiflash kept trying to flash the onboard AGP adapter. Try typing Atiflash -i, that will show you where the card is in the computer. What you did should have worked if you had the right Bios for your card.

rehabb

i did everything even tried that atiflash -i to see what it is and it said there was no adapters... what the hell is going on lol but when i go into to see where it is located from the display properties it says location - pci bus 1 and the other 2 are 0's

darkoak

rehabb said:

No idea man I hope some of these other guys can help, I'm stumped. Only thing I can think of is you don't have an ATI based card. You do have an ATI card right?????

rehabb

umm yeah ati radeon x800 pro is there any kind of special drivers i need?

N

nightelf84

rehabb said:
what the hell no one knows?

dude, this is not a support site ok? Its a forum ffs... so chill out and have a little patience

Now to your problem, and to start off with, do you have a X800 Pro AGP or PCI-E? Do you have any onboard graphics or PCI graphics card together with your main card?

You say you typed in atiflash -s 0 original.bin, what is 'original.bin'? Which BIOS did you d/l off the Ati BIOS Collection and what did you rename it to?

Last edited by a moderator:

rehabb

ok this is what i did... i downloaded the ati x800 xt pe bios... i uninstalled my drivers to my video card but i tried these steps with them an without them... and i made a boot disk with atiflash on it.. typed in atiflash -s 0 oldbios.bin and it came up and said no adapter 0 and i did a search on with atiflash -i and it said no ati card found.... somethings messed up i dont know what it is

darkoak

rehabb said:
ok this is what i did... i downloaded the ati x800 xt pe bios... i uninstalled my drivers to my video card but i tried these steps with them an without them... and i made a boot disk with atiflash on it.. typed in atiflash -s 0 oldbios.bin and it came up and said no adapter 0 and i did a search on with atiflash -i and it said no ati card found.... somethings messed up i dont know what it is

Get the backup bios for you card from this forum if you can instead. Have you tried to flash the different bios on your card yet??

rehabb

yes, it said there was no adapter 0 , when i did the search for my card it said there was no ati card

darkoak

rehabb said:
yes, it said there was no adapter 0 , when i did the search for my card it said there was no ati card

I think you may be screwed buddy. ATIflash is a good program but not a perfect one. Like was said previously if you have on board video on the motherboard it may cause problems. I guess you already looked through the existing threads to find if anyone else had your problem?? Your card is for sure not PCI Express right??? Check your motherboard documentation to make sure there isn't some sort of Write Protect or Antivirus feature that may be blocking your bios flashing attempts. That's all I got left in the brain tank, sorry I couldn't be more help.

rehabb

thanks for you help man,... anyone else have anything to say?

kRaZeD

Processor E6600
Motherboard ASUS P5W DH Deluxe
Cooling Zalman CNPS-7700Cu
Memory 2gb Corsair XMS2-6400
Video Card(s) 7900GT
Storage 700gb across 4 drives.
Display(s) CMV 221D
Case Antec P180
Audio Device(s) X-fi Moosic
[rant] rehabb u need to learn to not post shit 1 1/2 hours after your last post. No one will help you if you come across as an arrogant fucktard. Learn some fucking patience.

If this seems harsh/rude, i dont care, you cant expect people to know exactly whats going on, and for people to be on here 24/7. So give it a rest![/rant]

O yeah, im tired, so leave me alone.

Schpeedy

Try using flashrom rather than atiflash, you may have fucked up the security codes and hence atiflash isn't seeing it as an ati card. Go disable onboard graphics in the bios, if you have it, that will defult your x800 to position 0.

N

nightelf84

So you tried flashing both with catalyst installed and uninstalled and on both occasion it did not work?

You sure your x800 pro is the only graphics card you have installed on your pc?

Using atitool, try 'dumping' your bios. Then open that file and see what's written in the first few lines.

whackamac

damn its like the blind leading the blind....

What version of ATIFlash are you using?

Actually who cares what version you are using. It isnt working.

Download ATI Flashrom v.2.37 then try it. All of your sorrows should be gone.

If that doesnt work.... your computer is a piece of shiatt.