• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Flush log file immediately

Hi,

Trying to use RealTemp to monitor my temps, as I'm getting my whole PC just rebooting randomly, and I suspect heat problems and want to monitor it.

The problem with RealTemp is that the log file seems to be cached and then only written sometimes, or when you exit.

Problem with this is that when the machine crashes RealTemp doesnt get time to write out the log file, so I never get any temp logs around the time of crash.

Would it be possible for you to have a flag to specify that the log is written out immediately and not cached?

Thanks,

Rob Donovan.

unclewebb

ThrottleStop & RealTemp Author
RealTemp already has this feature. Here is a quote from the docs on TechPowerUp.

http://www.techpowerup.com/realtemp/docs.php

HDWrite=

If you set HDWrite=1 then you will never have to worry about lost temperature data during a system crash. Your temperature log data will be written directly to your hard drive as soon as it becomes available based on the log frequency set in the Real Temp Settings window. I prefer when log data is cached to memory which reduces hard drive accesses and fragmentation.