• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Folding Pie and Milestones!!

phill

Staff member
System Name Not so complete or overkill - There are others!! Just no room to put! :D
Processor Ryzen Threadripper 3970X
Motherboard Asus Zenith 2 Extreme Alpha
Cooling Lots!! Dual GTX 560 rads with D5 pumps for each rad. One rad for each component
Memory Viper Steel 4 x 16GB DDR4 3600MHz not sure on the timings... Probably still at 2667!! :(
Video Card(s) Asus Strix 3090 with front and rear active full cover water blocks
Storage I'm bound to forget something here - 250GB OS, 2 x 1TB NVME, 2 x 1TB SSD, 4TB SSD, 2 x 8TB HD etc...
Display(s) 3 x Dell 27" S2721DGFA @ 7680 x 1440P @ 144Hz or 165Hz - working on it!!
Case The big Thermaltake that looks like a Case Mods
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply EVGA 1600W T2
Mouse Corsair thingy
Keyboard Razer something or other....
VR HMD No headset yet
Software Windows 11 OS... Not a fan!!
Benchmark Scores I've actually never benched it!! Too busy with WCG and FAH and not gaming! :( :( Not OC'd it!! :(
And now for the 5th April 2022.....

1649444091256.png

1649444117150.png

@XZero450 !!!!!!!!! 8,000,000,000!!!!!!! :respect::respect::respect::respect::respect::respect::respect::respect::respect::respect::respect::respect::respect::respect::respect::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::toast::toast::toast::toast::toast::toast::toast::toast::toast::rockout::rockout::rockout::rockout::rockout::rockout::rockout::rockout::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Apologies everyone, I think I might have pressed the button a few more times than expected, but can you blame me?!?! An amazing milestone for our @XZero450 and the highest contributor in the team!! Absolutely outstanding!!

Another great day everyone and a great total to boot, unreal work everyone and here's to the next update!! :D :D

phill

Staff member
System Name Not so complete or overkill - There are others!! Just no room to put! :D
Cooling Lots!! Dual GTX 560 rads with D5 pumps for each rad. One rad for each component
Memory Viper Steel 4 x 16GB DDR4 3600MHz not sure on the timings... Probably still at 2667!! :(
Video Card(s) Asus Strix 3090 with front and rear active full cover water blocks
Storage I'm bound to forget something here - 250GB OS, 2 x 1TB NVME, 2 x 1TB SSD, 4TB SSD, 2 x 8TB HD etc...
Display(s) 3 x Dell 27" S2721DGFA @ 7680 x 1440P @ 144Hz or 165Hz - working on it!!
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Corsair thingy
VR HMD No headset yet
Benchmark Scores I've actually never benched it!! Too busy with WCG and FAH and not gaming! :( :( Not OC'd it!! :(
And here we are for the 6th April 2022 for the FAH Pie Stats update....

1649444469349.png

1649444492436.png

Another great day everyone sadly no milestones today but what a days support and contribution as always :D :D Amazing work and thank you all so much for the support!! TPU is amazing!! :lovetpu::lovetpu::lovetpu::lovetpu::lovetpu::lovetpu:

phill

Staff member
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Corsair thingy
VR HMD No headset yet
And here we go for the 7th April 2022 for the FAH Pie Stats update.....

1649444786163.png

1649444803804.png

Another great day everyone, well done everyone for the contributions and support for the team today!! Sadly no milestones today but I'm keeping my little eyes on the prize and I'm hopefully bang up to date for FAH!! :D

Hope everyone is having a great day and is alright??.... Hope to see you soon!! I've got my eldest with me tomorrow for about a week I hope.. First time in two months and a bit so I might not be very active on the forum, but I will make sure all the pie and such is taken care of :)

See you soon everyone!! :D :D

System Name Scan 3XS System
Processor Intel Core i7 11700K
Motherboard ASUS TUF GAMING Z590-PLUS WIFI
Cooling Corsair Hydro H150i ELITE CAPELLIX RGB
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO [3000MHz 2x8GB]
Video Card(s) 10GB EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 XC3 ULTRA GAMING
Storage 1TB Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus, 2TB Seagate HDD, 240GB Kingston SSD
Display(s) Samsung C32JG5x Curved, 1080p, 1920 x 1080
Case Corsair iCUE 4000X RGB
Audio Device(s) USB Speakers 2.1
Power Supply Corsair RM750x 80PLUS GOLD
Mouse Razer Mouse
Keyboard Microsoft Sidewinder X4 Keyboard
Software Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit 22H2 (10.0.19045).4291 22H2
Apologies guys and gals for the lack of updates recently been caught up with everything else and been never in a good state to update things at 1 or 2am some mornings, got all the updates coming shortly so hopefully that will be a bit of a better start :) Will apologise in advance for the 'quick' updates! :)

I was wondering about this and for everyone else who does the folding.....

Rather than cutting off like cold turkey, would there be a happy medium for everyone to get to? I mean run for so many hours a day for a rig or two cards or whatever?

I'm thinking of it two ways; just like myself... So I crunch and fold as and when I can as much as I can when the weather is good as I'm very lucky for the solar panels I have on the house. Some days are better than others and some are down right miserable.... But even without the solar, I'd consider maybe one or two rigs (GPU in each for argument) and run them for the length of one or two work units depending on what you felt like?

Its just a thought really and a bit of a 'selfish' captain thinking of the points for the team in a way... Just wondered how or if people thought of it as an option?

I understand fully though that things are tough and expensive right now and this is why I've asked the question and also wondered about cutting down rather than stopping altogether. I mean we are all in the same boat I think :)

Peoples thoughts are always welcome here and which is why I will never ask anyone on the team to keep going regardless. If money/hardware is a concern, then I'm not asking for one minute for all of your or any of you to carry on and ignore it.. Gotta make sure it works for you as have said in the past. They don't supply the hardware or electric money. We all have to decide on what we use and how much we use it.
For myself, i'm going to wait for at least a month or so as i'd like to see where the bills are going to go before making any decisions as to whether i can afford to resume Folding.
For even if i manage to attain some usable threshold; i'll also have to reconsider once again in October as we expect our bills to rise even further.

phill

Staff member
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Corsair thingy
VR HMD No headset yet
Well whilst I have a spare few minutes and before I go and grab my eldest, I figure I may as well make the most of the time!! :D So here we are with the FAH Pie Stats update for the 8th April 2022.....

1649503698587.png

1649503717411.png

@MachineLearning !! 300,000,000!! :clap: :clap: :cool: :cool: :toast: :toast: :toast: :toast: :rockout::peace::toast::toast::toast::toast::cool::cool::clap::clap:

Well done to @MachineLearning for hitting the next milestone, I had to look at it close to make sure it wasn't today that you hit it or yesterday!! :D All done yesterday ;) Not seen anyone else just yet but a few coming close to their next milestones.....

Great turn out again today everyone, well done indeed!! :D

I hope that everyone is doing well and ok??

For myself, i'm going to wait for at least a month or so as i'd like to see where the bills are going to go before making any decisions as to whether i can afford to resume Folding.
For even if i manage to attain some usable threshold; i'll also have to reconsider once again in October as we expect our bills to rise even further.
I hear October it'll be jumping another 50% or something like that?? Either way its flipping mental.. What the heck is going to happen to families and such I'll never know.. I do think that things need to change but whether or not they will, anyone's guess :(

It's just a thought I'd put out there for peoples thoughts and answers, I like to ask rather than assume anything :)

System Name MSi Coffee Lake
Processor i7-8700k
Motherboard MSI Z370 GAMING PRO CARBON AC
Cooling NZXT something AIO loop
Memory 16GB Kingston HyperX 2133 C14 Fury Black
Video Card(s) TITAN Xp Jedi Order Edition
Storage Samsung 960 Evo NVMe
Display(s) Medion 23'
Case Cooler Master Stryker
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply BeQuiet 600W
Mouse Logitech Trackman T-BB18
Keyboard Generic hp
Software Windows 10
Apologies guys and gals for the lack of updates recently been caught up with everything else and been never in a good state to update things at 1 or 2am some mornings, got all the updates coming shortly so hopefully that will be a bit of a better start :) Will apologise in advance for the 'quick' updates! :)

I was wondering about this and for everyone else who does the folding.....

Rather than cutting off like cold turkey, would there be a happy medium for everyone to get to? I mean run for so many hours a day for a rig or two cards or whatever?

I'm thinking of it two ways; just like myself... So I crunch and fold as and when I can as much as I can when the weather is good as I'm very lucky for the solar panels I have on the house. Some days are better than others and some are down right miserable.... But even without the solar, I'd consider maybe one or two rigs (GPU in each for argument) and run them for the length of one or two work units depending on what you felt like?

Its just a thought really and a bit of a 'selfish' captain thinking of the points for the team in a way... Just wondered how or if people thought of it as an option?

I understand fully though that things are tough and expensive right now and this is why I've asked the question and also wondered about cutting down rather than stopping altogether. I mean we are all in the same boat I think :)

Peoples thoughts are always welcome here and which is why I will never ask anyone on the team to keep going regardless. If money/hardware is a concern, then I'm not asking for one minute for all of your or any of you to carry on and ignore it.. Gotta make sure it works for you as have said in the past. They don't supply the hardware or electric money. We all have to decide on what we use and how much we use it.
I was thinking of running WCG when it comes back online.
It is less energy consuming to run.

phill

Staff member
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Corsair thingy
VR HMD No headset yet
Well guys and gals here I go for a quick FAH Pie Stats update for the 9th April 2022.....

1649623758782.png

1649623779049.png

Sadly I couldn't see any other milestones today but there's a few members I believe that are coming close to some, I look forward to seeing them pass their next milestones soon!! :D :D

I hope everyone is alright and ok?? Just got 5 minutes spare, thought I'd put up the stats at a sensible hour :D :D Surprising I know but still..... lol :) :cool: :lovetpu: :lovetpu: Take care everyone! :D :D

phill

Staff member
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Corsair thingy
VR HMD No headset yet
And here we are for an exceptionally early update for the FAH Pie Stats for the 10th April 2022.......

1649678317218.png

1649678340179.png

And there we are for the day.... Outstanding work everyone and well done for the contributions and support for TPU!! :D :D I hope everyone is doing well and is ok?? Weather not so hot today here in the south west of the UK, but I've a bit of folding going at the moment as the sun doesn't really know what it wishes to do, cloudy, sunny.. Been than rain I guess :D

I hope to see you all again soon!! :D :D Take care everyone and massive thanks for your continued support!!!!

phill

Staff member
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Corsair thingy
VR HMD No headset yet
Well here we are with a update for the FAH Pie Stats for the 11th April 2022......

1649804582140.png

1649804614322.png

EDIT - !!
And for the milestones and stoners for the day......
@ThePutzer ??!! 1,000,000,000!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :peace: :peace: :peace: :peace: :clap::clap::clap::clap::peace::peace::peace::peace::toast::toast::toast::toast::toast::toast::toast::respect::respect::respect::respect::respect::respect::respect::respect::respect::cool::cool::cool::cool:

Massive and sincere apologies for missing this huge milestone out for the @ThePutzer!! Outstanding effort and score from you and a massive well done indeed!! :D :D I've just been checking the stats and noticed I'd missed it out so had to come and get it sorted out asap!!

And that's not a bad day at all if you ask me !! :D :D
Sadly I couldn't see any milestones or stoners today but I'm sure there's a few coming soon!! :D :D I hope that you are all doing well and are ok?? :)

Hope to catch up with you soon everyone, take care and massive thanks for contributing to team TPU!! :D :D

Last edited:

phill

Staff member
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Corsair thingy
VR HMD No headset yet
Whilst I have the chance and the 5 seconds of time between "Daddy we need you!!" here we go for the FAH Pie Stats for the 12th April 2022.....

1649841767587.png

1649841798060.png

Well another great day for everyone contributing to the team as always, sadly I didn't get the last update of the day so I think this is the last one I have for the day... I hope everyone is doing well and is alright?? I hope that I can pop by again later for a look about and see what's been happening :D :D Take care all!! :D :D

phill

Staff member
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Corsair thingy
VR HMD No headset yet
Well here we are a little later on for the FAH Pie Stats for the 13th April 2022.....

1649979027040.png

1649979069146.png

And now for the milestones and stoners for the day......

@ATi7500 !!?? 30,000,000!!!! :cool::cool::toast::toast::toast::toast::toast::toast::rockout::clap:
@asphodel !!?? 90,000,000!!!! :cool::cool::toast::toast::toast::toast::toast::toast::toast::peace::clap::rockout: :rockout:

Well done indeed to our two stoners for today, amazing work and the contributions!! :) :cool: I couldn't find their forum names if they are joined here but if anyone knows of their forum tag names please do let us know :) I'm guessing some of the smaller contributors are using just the CPU for this? Worth even more of a shout out in my opinion!!

Not had a good day folding today, sadly I've been unable to get anything downloaded at all. It's not connected to the site for me and I've tried the reinstall/uninstall/reboot and so on, but nothing has worked, will hope that tomorrow is a better day since yesterday it was working ok for me.. Was on my 3070 folding PC.. Most frustrating! Was anyone else having any issues??
All I was getting was this -

Test 133-1.png

I sadly couldn't get into the configuration settings or anything, just sat like that all day :( I'm glad others having some better luck! Anyone else having this issue at all?? :)
Hope to catch up with you tomorrow :) Take care!!

Processor Xeon x5650
Motherboard SABERTOOTH X58
Cooling Fans
Memory 24 GB Kingston HyperX 1600
Video Card(s) GTX 1060 3GB
Storage small ssd
Display(s) Dell 2001F, BenQ short throw
Case Lian Li
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply X750
Software Mint 19.3, Win 10
Benchmark Scores not so fast...
phill said:
Not had a good day folding today, sadly I've been unable to get anything downloaded at all. It's not connected to the site for me and I've tried the reinstall/uninstall/reboot and so on, but nothing has worked, will hope that tomorrow is a better day since yesterday it was working ok for me.. Was on my 3070 folding PC.. Most frustrating! Was anyone else having any issues??
All I was getting was this -

View attachment 243632

I sadly couldn't get into the configuration settings or anything, just sat like that all day :( I'm glad others having some better luck! Anyone else having this issue at all?? :)
Hope to catch up with you tomorrow :) Take care!!
I've had that happen, too. You have to manually start fahclient.exe from wherever you put it (usu in program files x86)

phill

Staff member
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Corsair thingy
VR HMD No headset yet
I've had that happen, too. You have to manually start fahclient.exe from wherever you put it (usu in program files x86)
I decided a complete reinstall seemed easier after several restarts and installs of the software, it just didn't want to play ball at all.....

phill

Staff member
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Corsair thingy
VR HMD No headset yet
Well here we go for a very quick FAH Pie Stats update for the 14th April 2022.....

1650041878422.png

1650041899335.png

I think I have caught up with the milestones and stoners, I'm just trying to get a quick update uploaded and then go and spend the last hour or so with the girls, I'll try and catch up later :D :D

I hope everyone is having a great day and is more so importantly, doing well and ok :D :D

Hope to see you all for the next update!! :D :D

System Name heat
Processor 2990wx
Motherboard MSI X399 SLI PLUS ATX
Cooling Thermaltake Floe Riing RGB 360 TT Premium Edition 42.34 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler
Memory 128gb
Video Card(s) 2 2080s
Storage 100 tb
Case Asus TUF Gaming GT501 ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply 1200 cosair plat
in a few months i will spin up my pcs again. should hit 500 million pretty fast.

phill

Staff member
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Corsair thingy
VR HMD No headset yet

phill

Staff member
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Corsair thingy
VR HMD No headset yet
Here we go everyone, apologies, for not updating sooner. Yesterday was last day with my eldest and wasn't much in the mood for updating when I got home and such... But after some messing about with hardware and 3D Mark 99 and 2000, we are finally getting things done!! :D So...

Here we go for the 15th April 2022 for the FAH Pie Stats update.....

1650227616664.png

1650227638402.png

I've not seen any new milestones but if I've missed any I'll make sure I'll update the posts later on :D
Another great day everyone, amazing contributions and we seem to be hitting 20 members pretty much most days, so hats off and respect to you all!! :D :D Thank you everyone for the support to the TPU team!! :D

Best get on with the next one.... :D :D Hopefully see you all there!

phill

Staff member
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Corsair thingy
VR HMD No headset yet
And here we go for the 16th April 2022 for the FAH Pie Stats.....

1650227785073.png

1650227809191.png

Sadly no milestones or stoners today but hopefully we'll see some again soon :D :D All this sunny weather in the UK and I'm surprised its not turned to rain sooner!! :D
Brilliant work everyone, doing a great contribution every day!! :D :D

I hope everyone is doing well and is ok?? Not got anything done today that I had wanted to but still :D :D I hope everyone else is having a bit more luck!! :D :D Hopefully get to see you tomorrow for another update!! :toast: :toast: :toast: :toast: :respect: :respect: :respect: :respect: :lovetpu: :lovetpu: :lovetpu: :lovetpu: :peace: :peace: :peace: :peace:

System Name heat
Processor 2990wx
Cooling Thermaltake Floe Riing RGB 360 TT Premium Edition 42.34 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler
Memory 128gb
Video Card(s) 2 2080s
Storage 100 tb

phill

Staff member
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Corsair thingy
VR HMD No headset yet
Here we are for the FAH Pie Stats update for the 17th April 2022......

1650306792348.png

1650306818514.png

Well another great day everyone for the contributions today, outstanding and well done!! :D :D

Some very nice contributions as well, so massive thanks and respects to everyone contributing to the team!! I'm wondering if the members in 18 to 22nd places are just crunching on CPUs ?? @DaveNiks @ATi7500 @HBalazs.hu @dank1983man420 @Captain_Skyhawk ?? I'm not sure they are members of the forum sadly, but if anyone knows them could you ask them please to post in the forum please?? :) :cool:

Right best get my bottom moving, take care everyone!! :D :D See you hopefully tomorrow for another update!! :D :D

phill

Staff member
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Corsair thingy
VR HMD No headset yet
Hello everyone again :) It seems for me that 2022 won't be a good year for me, as last night cycling home from work, I managed to come off my bike and I found out I broken my leg!! Not bad for being back at work for a day after being away from it for a month.... Still, here we go, hopefully I'll be a bit more active on the forum, but I won't promise too much as I hate letting people down... Apologies more so for today's FAH Pie Stats as the scores tomorrow won't be very good at all because I only collected them twice during the day. Normally the fifth time is the last/latest but sadly tomorrow won't be. Apologies!!

But without more delay, here we are with the FAH Stats for the 18th April 2022......

1650494085431.png

1650494125763.png

I don't believe there was any milestones today but I'll try and get a look at it tomorrow and update the post if I have to :) Great work everyone as always, brilliant contributions as always!! :D :D

I hope everyone is doing well and is ok?? Hope to see you back again for another update soon :D :D

phill

Staff member
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Corsair thingy
VR HMD No headset yet
And here we are with a slightly out of date update for todays update for the 19th April 2022 FAH Pie Stats, hopefully we won't have this issue for tomorrows stats! :D

1650494313540.png

1650494349208.png

I've not been able to check over these updates just yet for the milestones, so I'll try and get that done tomorrow :D Leg is sore this evening and I'm uncomfortable, so soon be bed for me... Apologies all :) :) I hope everyone is doing well?? I think it looks like another great day for the contributions, you all never cease to amaze me :) Take care everyone and hope to catch up with you tomorrow :D :D Hope to see you then!!

System Name Personal rig & Folder
Processor R9 5900X (VRM-B2) @ 180W/160A/140A | Mfg Wk03/2022
Motherboard Gigabyte B550 Aorus Pro V2
Cooling Thermalright PA120 w/ 3x P12, MX-6
Memory 2x16GB Crucial Ballistix 8Gbit Rev.E (DR) @ 3800CL15-18-8-17-34-54-540-1T @ 1.45v, 1900MHz FCLK
Video Card(s) PowerColor Red Devil 6600XT @ C2800MHz/M2300MHz (Samsung) @ 192W TGP | MX-6, TP-3
Storage 1x SK hynix Gold P31 1TB (boot), 1x 2TB TeamGroup MP33 Pro, 1x 4TB Seagate Ironwolf HDD 5900RPM
Display(s) 1x Gigabyte M27Q, 1x Dell 2007WFP, 1x Dell E152FPg
Case Phanteks P500A (non-digital) w/ 4x 140mm Arctic P14 PWM PST CO fans
Audio Device(s) FiiO E10K-TC (USB) -> beyerdynamic DT770 Pro (80ohm)
Power Supply Super Flower Leadex III Gold 750W
Mouse Logitech G203
Keyboard Kingston HyperX Core RGB
Software W10 Pro
Benchmark Scores https://hwbot.org/user/machinelearning/ ~ https://hwbot.org/team/warp9_systems/
And here we are with a slightly out of date update for todays update for the 19th April 2022 FAH Pie Stats, hopefully we won't have this issue for tomorrows stats! :D

View attachment 244322

View attachment 244323

I've not been able to check over these updates just yet for the milestones, so I'll try and get that done tomorrow :D Leg is sore this evening and I'm uncomfortable, so soon be bed for me... Apologies all :) :) I hope everyone is doing well?? I think it looks like another great day for the contributions, you all never cease to amaze me :) Take care everyone and hope to catch up with you tomorrow :D :D Hope to see you then!!
Take good care of yourself Phill!

System Name heat
Processor 2990wx
Memory 128gb
Video Card(s) 2 2080s
Storage 100 tb
sadly i will be (seeing i help multi teams) scaling back folding and boinc.
due to replacing some tech that cost good money and also a new set of tires. so fund/power bill is super tight.

System Name Scan 3XS System
Processor Intel Core i7 11700K
Motherboard ASUS TUF GAMING Z590-PLUS WIFI
Cooling Corsair Hydro H150i ELITE CAPELLIX RGB
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO [3000MHz 2x8GB]
Video Card(s) 10GB EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 XC3 ULTRA GAMING
Storage 1TB Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus, 2TB Seagate HDD, 240GB Kingston SSD
Display(s) Samsung C32JG5x Curved, 1080p, 1920 x 1080
Case Corsair iCUE 4000X RGB
Audio Device(s) USB Speakers 2.1
Power Supply Corsair RM750x 80PLUS GOLD
Mouse Razer Mouse