• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

For anyone that has or wants ...

Processor AMD FX-8320 4.1Ghz
Motherboard Asus Aura
Cooling Corsair H60
Memory Crucial Ballistix Sport 32GB
Video Card(s) EVGA 1060 SC
Storage Intel 535 Series SSD + Seagate FireCuda 2TB
Case NZXT
Power Supply EVGA 650 Watt
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit
A Windows Live Mail account (Hotmail) Windows Live Skydrive is a great way to backup important documents, pictures, etc ... It gives you 25GB for free. Maybe, most of you know this... There is also a way to mount your Windows Live Skydrive as a virtual drive on YOUR PC ... It's very easy to setup, all you need to do is download this:

http://www.gladinet.com/p/download_starter_direct.htm

Its like adding a 25GB HDD to your computer... Its a great service!

Hope this helps at least one person...

I'm using SkyDrive for ages. Even before it was officially available. But i didn't know about this program. Gonna try it out right now...

Motherboard Asus Aura
Cooling Corsair H60
Case NZXT
I'm using SkyDrive for ages. Even before it was officially available. But i didn't know about this program. Gonna try it out right now...

Any thoughts on this?

It's ok, but slightly "bloated". I thought it's something like GDisk, but it's a bit more complex.
It has few processes that run all the time and consume quite some memory. Not a problem for regular systems, but kinda problem for my Aspire One with just 1GB of RAM.
Interface could be better but it's not all that bad. Plus it's a free program as long as you don't want the payable features.

techspec6

I don't understand all the hubbub with online storage. Is there a particular benefit that I may be overlooking? Data secure... mine isn't so important that images don't suffice. Remote location, I have a portable drive that I travel with for work. If I'm traveling, hotel connections aren't known for their speed, either. Heck, the wireless often times doesn't work at all.

I definitly see a need for online storage in the future when the baseline internet connection speeds are faster everywhere.

Jason

Motherboard Asus Aura
Cooling Corsair H60
Case NZXT
It's ok, but slightly "bloated". I thought it's something like GDisk, but it's a bit more complex.
It has few processes that run all the time and consume quite some memory. Not a problem for regular systems, but kinda problem for my Aspire One with just 1GB of RAM.
Interface could be better but it's not all that bad. Plus it's a free program as long as you don't want the payable features.

what interface? It uses the Windows interface... All it does is add a mapped drive to "my computer"