• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Forgive me for TK. I am Sorry.

1Strive

System Name Back in Black
Processor AMD Opteron 180 @ 2.6GHz (Dual Core)
Motherboard Asus A8N-SLI Premium
Cooling All Antec Case Fans (3-speed and Quiet as they come.)
Memory 2GB DDR440MHz (Corsair XMS LED Series) 1GB x2 [Dual-Channel]
Video Card(s) 8800GTS G92 512mb (eVGA-745/1000) 9474 in 3Dmark06 at Defaults.
Storage 2 WD 74GB Raptors in RAID Zero for Vista. WD 250GB for XP and Storage
Display(s) Acer 22' widescreen. 1680x1050 res / 5ms
Case Antec Black Server Chassis / Logitec G7 Wireless-Laser Mouse
Audio Device(s) X-Fi Music w/ 5.1 Surround Sound Headphones
Power Supply Antec 500Watt ATX2.0 Modular
Software Vista Ultimate (64-bit) / Playing: Crysis in DX9 on XP @ 1680x1050 High with 30FPS
Benchmark Scores Over 9k in 3DMark06! That's better than 80% of all systems tested and logged according to 3Dmark's s
BF2142

42 Team Kills, 818 Enemy Kills = K/TK Ratio of 5%
1Hour and 8mins I have been Team Killing.
5 times out of 100 I might be killing you if you are on my team. lol

At work some guys where trash talking because I had like 35 team kills. They all have lower ranks, have played more time, and have more deaths, but they did find one thing to trash me on. And I have to admit, I let it get to me a little. So this message is to vent out that little bit of frustration and explain that IN WAR TK Happens. If it was on accident you should forgive and move on. This is actually a rule on some servers.

So I was playing Titan Mode last night. I was the commander of my team.
I took down 2 consoles by myself. Ordered Alpha Squad to take the other 2, while I parked a drop ship w/ spawn point on the enemy titan. Ordered all squads to attack their titan, as we had most of the silos and our shield was still up.
They must have known because they had like 8 guys defending their core. We hacked away at them with grenades and emps. We got in their core. We got the core down to 25%. (And all died due to some joker w/ c4.)
We Re-Spawned on the drop ship on their titan. (our shield was still up.)
We fought our way back into the core room. I placed 5 c4 charges on the core. I ran out of the room saying “Go, Go, Go”. No one left. I ordered the squads out through the command console. No one left. I plugged in a mic and said this is the commander I have the core ready for demo get out of the core room. No one left. So I made a command decision. Blow the charge. I did.
It said it destroyed the core. 6 team kills!!! I jumped off the titan, para-ed down. The enemy titan, to my horror, was not destroyed! So I TKed 6 guys to not destroy the core. They re-spawned and shot it w/ a pistol shot and destroyed the core.
We won the round, but I had 6 TKs and no score for destroying the core, my teamwork score was -7 on that round.

I made rank as the round ended. (Sergeant Silver)

My point is sometimes in war you have collateral damage. If I had it to do over I would. Too bad if I didn’t get the point for the core, we still won the battle. My team winning the round is what matters to me, and this matters more than my personal score.

On the other had TKing is bad for moral and hurts my team members score and mine. So what should I do?

Try to Cut back on Team Killing (even if the morons won’t leave the area so we can win.)

What do you think?

Out,
SSgtSTRIVE

Wile E

Power User
System Name The ClusterF**k
Processor 980X @ 4Ghz
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5 BIOS F12
Cooling MCR-320, DDC-1 pump w/Bitspower res top (1/2" fittings), Koolance CPU-360
Memory 3x2GB Mushkin Redlines 1600Mhz 6-8-6-24 1T
Video Card(s) Evga GTX 580
Storage Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB, 2xSeagate 320GB RAID0; 2xSeagate 3TB; 2xSamsung 2TB; Samsung 1.5TB
Display(s) HP LP2475w 24" 1920x1200 IPS
Case Technofront Bench Station
Audio Device(s) Auzentech X-Fi Forte into Onkyo SR606 and Polk TSi200's + RM6750
Power Supply ENERMAX Galaxy EVO EGX1250EWT 1250W
Software Win7 Ultimate N x64, OSX 10.8.4
LOL Yeah, I'd have to say cut back on TK a little. Or, and this is really the better idea, find new teamates that LISTEN.

alic2k

Processor P4 3.2Ghz 64Bit (@ 3.36Mhz on water - WONT GO HIGHER - HELP!!!!) 2HTT PPC
Motherboard ASUSTek P5VDC-X Rev 1
Cooling Thermaltake Bigwater 745 / Arctic Cooling ATiSilencer5
Memory 2x1GB DDR2 SDRAM
Video Card(s) Radeon X800 GTO Fireblade SE PCI-e 264Mb Core/Mem 438/558
Storage Partitioned Hitatchi Deskstar 250GB IDE (+SATA - not in use)
Display(s) 19" S9A TFT LCD 1600x1200
Case X-Blade MIDI Tower Case
Audio Device(s) SoundMAX HD Audio Onboard
Power Supply Super Silent EZ Cool ATX-450 JSP
Software Windows XP SP2 / RTW / DOOM3 / Q3 / COD2 / DOW / BF2142 / HL2
Heh! Nice story!

I know and love the adrenaline feeling u get from making it to the core... there are 4 enemy team members running up to the other side of the bullet proof glass - u do that skip and jump thing to stay in cover... strategically placing c4 on one side, running to the other, gunning someone down, they try to flank you, you blow them to kingdom come... but yeah...

anyhoo... TK's, like you say, are inevitable... 5 in 100 tho... maybe a little above average... try more recon... work on ur accuracy for a while... hold back on the no holds barred approach... manage your team from a distance... keep control of your team but dont get bombarded in blowing them all up. Some of the best commanders have some of the lowest scores...

Well... either that or pretend ur a russian commander in WW2 and just repeatedly shout down the mic "NO TURNING BACK... FIGHT FOR THE MOTHERLAND... TRAITORS WILL BE SHOT!!!" and proceed to gun anyone down attempting to jump off the enemy titan as it explodes beneath their feet!

Good luck :toast:

1Strive

Software Vista Ultimate (64-bit) / Playing: Crysis in DX9 on XP @ 1680x1050 High with 30FPS
Benchmark Scores Over 9k in 3DMark06! That's better than 80% of all systems tested and logged according to 3Dmark's s
LOL Yeah, I'd have to say cut back on TK a little. Or, and this is really the better idea, find new teamates that LISTEN.

FIND NEW TEAMMATES and I will cut back on TK.
I noticed that when I had my own server in BF2 I hardly ever got a Team Kill. Friendly Fire was on, so if a team mate ran into my claymore or got c4 it was his or my fault. Luckily the level of players we had on the server was high, so they walked around claymores and ran when they saw the Red Skull w/ the Red X'es all over and enemy tank. Basically what I am saying is that the players we had on our server knew how to play or at least how I play and paid attention when I said, GO,GO,GO.

I can't wait to move back to Texas next year and join a gaming club/clan w/ our own server. I find that makes my game play experience better because I don't have to worry about finding an open server and I will know the tactics of other players, also hopefully enjoy having better comrades and enemies.

alic2k said:
Well... either that or pretend ur a russian commander in WW2 and just repeatedly shout down the mic "NO TURNING BACK... FIGHT FOR THE MOTHERLAND... TRAITORS WILL BE SHOT!!!" and proceed to gun anyone down attempting to jump off the enemy titan as it explodes beneath their feet!

lol

Later,
1STRIVE

PVTCaboose1337

Graphical Hacker
System Name Whim
Processor Intel Core i5 2500k @ 4.4ghz
Motherboard Asus P8Z77-V LX
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212+
Memory 2 x 4GB G.Skill Ripjaws @ 1600mhz
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GTX 670 2gb
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256gb, WD 2TB Black
Display(s) Shimian QH270 (1440p), Asus VE228 (1080p)
Case Cooler Master 430 Elite
Audio Device(s) Onboard > PA2V2 Amp > Senn 595's
Power Supply Corsair 750w
Software Windows 8.1 (Tweaked)
I would never blow the charge with team nearby. That was stupid, but if it was a round against friends, I would have blown it.

2142_Dominator

Strive, Dude that is a hell of alot of team kills!!! You should start paying attention to your friggan team mates. Maybe THEY should find new teammates that dont kill them! Yeah there are casualties of war, but there are also people that just plain SUCK, you my friend are that!

By the way, there is no WAY!!! You got that 3DMARK with 06 version , with the CRAP you have!

Just my two cents...

Good luck to anyone who plays with TK_1STRIVE. (TK=Team Killer)

wazzledoozle

Processor X2 3800+ @ 2.3 GHz
Motherboard DFI Lanparty SLI-DR
Cooling Zalman CNPS 9500 LED
Memory 2x1 Gb OCZ Plat. @ 3-3-2-8-1t 460 MHz
Video Card(s) HIS IceQ 4670 512Mb
Storage 640Gb & 160Gb western digital sata drives
Display(s) Hanns G 19" widescreen LCD w/ DVI 5ms
Case Thermaltake Soprano
Audio Device(s) Audigy 2 softmod@Audigy 4, Logitech X-530 5:1
Power Supply Coolermaster eXtreme Power Plus 500w
Software XP Pro
Thats nothing. In BF2 I have a 14.5% TK rate. :)

Dont piss me off...

1Strive

Strive, Dude that is a hell of alot of team kills!!! You should start paying attention to your friggan team mates. Maybe THEY should find new teammates that dont kill them! Yeah there are casualties of war, but there are also people that just plain SUCK, you my friend are that!

By the way, there is no WAY!!! You got that 3DMARK with 06 version , with the CRAP you have!

Just my two cents...

Wow...Look Everyone!..Another Flamer on the Forum w/ one post...Wow.
Sorry to Real TPU Members that I seem to attract Flamers on the Forum.

So I don't know why you don't believe the 3Dmark06 Score but here it is. Oh and I OverClocked the 8800GTS to 600/1000 and Installed the AMD X2 Patch for Dual Core CPUs.

Here is a screen shot of my BF2142 round from last night...

Anyway I have to go start a new thread about how much my computer rules in COH so you have fun here on the TK thread.

Later,
1STRIVE.

System Name Box of Distraction
Processor Ryzen 7 1800X
Motherboard Crosshair VI Hero
Cooling Custom watercooling
Memory G.Skill TridentZ 2x8GB @ 3466MHz CL14 1T
Video Card(s) EVGA 1080Ti FE. WC'd & TDP limit increased to 360W.
Storage Samsung 960 Evo 500GB & WD Black 2TB storage drive.
Display(s) Asus ROG Swift PG278QR 27" 1440P 165hz Gsync
Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M
Audio Device(s) Phillips Fidelio X2 headphones / basic Bose speakers
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 750W G3
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Cherry MX Board 6.0 (mx red switches)
Software Win 10 & Linux Mint
Benchmark Scores https://hwbot.org/user/infrared

Just my two cents...

You upset because you can't even run 3dmark06? :laugh: :nutkick:

Processor Ryzen 1600AF @4.2Ghz 1.35v
Motherboard MSI B450M PRO-A-MAX
Cooling Deepcool Gammaxx L120t
Memory 16GB Team Group Dark Pro Sammy-B-die 3400mhz 14.15.14.30-1.4v
Video Card(s) XFX RX 5600 XT THICC II PRO
Storage 240GB Brave eagle SSD/ 2TB Seagate Barracuda
Display(s) Dell SE2719HR
Case MSI Mag Vampiric 011C AMD Ryzen Edition
Power Supply EVGA 600W 80+
Software Windows 10 Pro