• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

forza 3 gots leaked

Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5950x, Ryzen 9 5980HX
Motherboard MSI X570 Tomahawk
Cooling Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 4(With Noctua Fans)
Memory 32Gb Crucial 3600 Ballistix
Video Card(s) Gigabyte RTX 3080, Asus 6800M
Storage Adata SX8200 1TB NVME/WD Black 1TB NVME
Display(s) Dell 27 Inch 165Hz
Case Phanteks P500A
Audio Device(s) IFI Zen Dac/JDS Labs Atom+/SMSL Amp+Rivers Audio
Power Supply Corsair RM850x
Mouse Logitech G502 SE Hero
Keyboard Corsair K70 RGB Mk.2
VR HMD Samsung Odyssey Plus
Software Windows 10
I checked on Xbox Live today and saw that some people are playing forza 3 right now,(not the demo), so I looked around and the game seems to be leaked, its all over torrents now, I am guessing whoever plays the torrented version is is gonna get banned but why are they doing something so stupid.

I am starting to think ms is leaking high profile games with some of its code tagged to trace who gets it, that way even if they don't play the game online, it will still be on their profile and they will be banned, and they deserve a ban and to be smacked for playing torrented games, like 2 or 3 weeks before their even out.

Mussels

Freshwater Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rainbow Sparkles (Power efficient, <350W gaming load)
Processor Ryzen R7 5800x3D (Undervolted, 4.45GHz all core)
Motherboard Asus x570-F (BIOS Modded)
Cooling Alphacool Apex UV - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora + EK Quantum ARGB 3090 w/ active backplate
Memory 2x32GB DDR4 3600 Corsair Vengeance RGB @3866 C18-22-22-22-42 TRFC704 (1.4V Hynix MJR - SoC 1.15V)
Video Card(s) Galax RTX 3090 SG 24GB: Underclocked to 1700Mhz 0.750v (375W down to 250W))
Storage 2TB WD SN850 NVME + 1TB Sasmsung 970 Pro NVME + 1TB Intel 6000P NVME USB 3.2
Display(s) Phillips 32 32M1N5800A (4k144), LG 32" (4K60) | Gigabyte G32QC (2k165) | Phillips 328m6fjrmb (2K144)
Case Fractal Design R6
Audio Device(s) Logitech G560 | Corsair Void pro RGB |Blue Yeti mic
Power Supply Fractal Ion+ 2 860W (Platinum) (This thing is God-tier. Silent and TINY)
Mouse Logitech G Pro wireless + Steelseries Prisma XL
Keyboard Razer Huntsman TE ( Sexy white keycaps)
VR HMD Oculus Rift S + Quest 2
Software Windows 11 pro x64 (Yes, it's genuinely a good OS) OpenRGB - ditch the branded bloatware!
Benchmark Scores Nyooom.
just jumping in before some users take matters into their own hands:

Piracy and warez is not allowed here on TPU. That said, KainXS is making the discussion about "are high profile games DELIBERATELY leaked for attention/catching people with modded consoles?"

people who go off topic and start outright discussing methods of piracy or providing links, will have posts deleted and infractions given.

Kursah

Super Moderator
Staff member
System Name Kursah's Gaming Rig 2018 (2022 Upgrade) - Ryzen+ Edition | Gaming Laptop (Lenovo Legion 5i Pro 2022)
Processor R7 5800X @ Stock | i7 12700H @ Stock
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X370-F Gaming BIOS 6203| Legion 5i Pro NM-E231
Cooling Noctua NH-U14S Push-Pull + NT-H1 | Stock Cooling
Memory TEAMGROUP T-Force Vulcan Z 32GB (2x16) DDR4 4000 @ 3600 18-20-20-42 1.35v | 32GB DDR5 4800 (2x16)
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 4070 JetStream 12GB | CPU-based Intel Iris XE + RTX 3070 8GB 150W
Storage 4TB SP UD90 NVME, 960GB SATA SSD, 2TB HDD | 1TB Samsung OEM NVME SSD + 4TB Crucial P3 Plus NVME SSD
Display(s) Acer 28" 4K VG280K x2 | 16" 2560x1600 built-in
Case Corsair 600C - Stock Fans on Low | Stock Metal/Plastic
Audio Device(s) Aune T1 mk1 > AKG K553 Pro + JVC HA-RX 700 (Equalizer APO + PeaceUI) | Bluetooth Earbuds (BX29)
Power Supply EVGA 750G2 Modular + APC Back-UPS Pro 1500 | 300W OEM (heavy use) or Lenovo Legion C135W GAN (light)
Mouse Logitech G502 | Logitech M330
Keyboard HyperX Alloy Core RGB | Built in Keyboard (Lenovo laptop KB FTW)
Software Windows 11 Pro x64 | Windows 11 Home x64
I've read a couple reviews for this game fom car mags and such about this game, and they have all talked about MP iirc, so maybe it's those folks from motortrend.com and such that are on and playing?

HookeyStreet

Eat, sleep, game!
Yep, its the US version, along with Guitar Hero - Van Halen and Brutal Legend.

PS: no one truly knows what gets you banned from LIVE (I put it down to review copies of leaked games, which Forza 3 is not) Last year it was a so called 'leaked' version of Saints Row 2 (which turned out to be a review copy)

joinmeindeath417

System Name SINNAH
Processor AMD Phenom II x4 955 3.8ghz AIR
Motherboard ASUS M4A79XTD EVO
Cooling 3 fans of MADNESS
Memory 4GB ADATA XPG DDR3 1600G
Video Card(s) ATI 4890 1GB GDDR5 memory
Storage 500gb SATAII
Display(s) 23" 1080p Acer H233Hbmid
Case Antec Three Hundred
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply OCZ StealthXStream / 600W / Active PFC
Software Windows 7 Professional 64bit
I don't think microsoft is tracking you with a code in the leaked game, Honestly i think it is just someone who had a review copy/early copy and wanted internet stardom. But about M$ using the banhammer, i know a few people who got it for games like Halo 3, Gears Of War, there were rumors of people getting it for ODST.

Personally i don't see why people who mod there consoles and get cought, get pissed when they can no longer get on xbox live. It's almost like a kid getting mad that he gets grounded for doing something bad.

Yep, its the US version, along with Guitar Hero - Van Halen and Brutal Legend.

PS: no one truly knows what gets you banned from LIVE (I put it down to review copies of leaked games, which Forza 3 is not) Last year it was a so called 'leaked' version of Saints Row 2 (which turned out to be a review copy)

How M$ actually finds these people with Pirated copies of the game are ID tags, each Disc has its own encrypted ID so when bob is playing a pirated copy of Halo 3 as well as billy and they happen to get it from the same source the ID code is stuck to there Gamer ID name so once they play online at the same time, M$ now knows that they are using a copy of the game and that's all it takes.

Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5950x, Ryzen 9 5980HX
Motherboard MSI X570 Tomahawk
Cooling Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 4(With Noctua Fans)
Memory 32Gb Crucial 3600 Ballistix
Video Card(s) Gigabyte RTX 3080, Asus 6800M
Storage Adata SX8200 1TB NVME/WD Black 1TB NVME
Display(s) Dell 27 Inch 165Hz
Case Phanteks P500A
Audio Device(s) IFI Zen Dac/JDS Labs Atom+/SMSL Amp+Rivers Audio
Power Supply Corsair RM850x
Mouse Logitech G502 SE Hero
Keyboard Corsair K70 RGB Mk.2
VR HMD Samsung Odyssey Plus
Software Windows 10
Yeah thats kinda what I meant when I said code, its the disc ID's kinda like how I went and bought Halo OSDT and my copy kept giving me disc read errors so I installed it to the HDD and it still didn't work, so I took it back and got a new one, then put it in and tried to launch it off the HDD and it said wrong disc inserted when it was the right CD, thats when I first noticed microsoft had to be Id'ing discs(I was late lol).

HookeyStreet

Eat, sleep, game!
How M$ actually finds these people with Pirated copies of the game are ID tags, each Disc has its own encrypted ID so when bob is playing a pirated copy of Halo 3 as well as billy and they happen to get it from the same source the ID code is stuck to there Gamer ID name so once they play online at the same time, M$ now knows that they are using a copy of the game and that's all it takes.

Sorry m8, but your wrong, nobody knows 'exactly' apart from MS, if it was as simple as you say MS would have banned a lot more people then they have in the past.

There are people that have been using copies online from day one but they make sure the game is stealth patched and passes all the checks. Some of these people have never been banned to this day.

I dont care what anyone says, MS leak certain games to trap people, ie a 'leaked' copy of Gears Of War 2 a fortnight early. They then wait for the nutters to go online with an actual MS title that early and flag the consoles ID for banning at a later date........theres no such thing as an 'Instant Ban'. They then wait until November time to ban these flagged consoles, not the GamerTag, just the console, so the person that has had their console banned can go and buy another, recover their GamerTag and play again...........this boosts XMAS unit sales also ;)

Last edited:
Well i know for a fact that EA leaked The Sims 3 on PC, it was a beta version and they did it like a demo of sorts. It had a few bugs in it but totally playable, note to readers i only know of this from the statement EA gave.

I dont condone piracy and people who get caught shouldn't be all upset, if you don't like doing the time then don't do the crime.

Microsoft can ban your xbox live account or your console, i think they do it by serial number or something like they physically ban the console. Im not sure how people get caught i dont think MS wants to divulge that information.

They keep swapping the dvd drives in an attempt to fool the pirates!

If EA can admit to leaking games then im 99% sure other companies have done it too.

If you want multiplayer you have to buy the game its simple as that, on a pc with serial codes ect its near impossible to play online with pirated games.

TPU takes a hard stance on piracy you can discuss the issues but not divulge on how to do it as that is internationally illegal.

System Name Cosmos F1000
Processor i9-9900k
Motherboard Gigabyte Z370XP SLI, BIOS 15a
Cooling Corsair H100i, Panaflo's on case
Memory XPG GAMMIX D30 2x16GB DDR4 3200 CL16
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 2080 ti
Storage 1TB 960 Pro, 2TB Samsung 850 Pro, 4TB WD Hard Drive
Display(s) ASUS ROG SWIFT PG278Q 27"
Case CM Cosmos 1000
Audio Device(s) logitech 5.1 system (midrange quality)
Power Supply CORSAIR HXi HX1000i 1000watt
Mouse G400s Logitech
Keyboard K65 RGB Corsair Tenkeyless Cherry Red MX
Software Win10 Pro, Win7 x64 Professional
My two modded systems(PAL and NTSC both with iXtreme 1.6) have never been banned on live. If people stealth it themselves they never get caught. I do not play games on live before they are released though, that could be dangerous.

HookeyStreet

Eat, sleep, game!
Microsoft can ban your xbox live account or your console

They could, but they dont, they just ban the consoles serial which disconnects you from LIVE forever. The GamerTag can then be used on another console.

My two modded systems(PAL and NTSC both with iXtreme 1.6) have never been banned on live. If people stealth it themselves they never get caught. I do not play games on live before they are released though, that could be dangerous.

My point exactly. The careful people dont get banned, so banning is not down to Disc ID like some people on here claim ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
System Name Cosmos F1000
Processor i9-9900k
Case CM Cosmos 1000
Mouse G400s Logitech
They could, but they dont, they just ban the consoles serial which disconnects you from LIVE forever. The GamerTag can then be used on another console.

My point exactly.

You are right and they only ban gamertags too if you are like sending CP pics or nude pics to players via the network and get reported. I seriously doubt anybody here would be that dumb.

joinmeindeath417

System Name SINNAH
Storage 500gb SATAII
Case Antec Three Hundred
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Sorry m8, but your wrong, nobody knows 'exactly' apart from MS, if it was as simple as you say MS would have banned a lot more people then they have in the past.

There are people that have been using copies online from day one but they make sure the game is stealth patched and passes all the checks. Some of these people have never been banned to this day.

I dont care what anyone says, MS leak certain games to trap people, ie a 'leaked' copy of Gears Of War 2 a fortnight early. They then wait for the nutters to go online with an actual MS title that early and flag the consoles ID for banning at a later date........theres no such thing as an 'Instant Ban'. They then wait until November time to ban these flagged consoles, not the GamerTag, just the console, so the person that has had their console banned can go and buy another, recover their GamerTag and play again...........this boosts XMAS unit sales also ;)

I was told what i posted by someone who got banned from Live (obviously just console banned) they fought with Microshaft and tried to prove they "weren't" using a pirated copy and they claimed they could tell he was by the game ID that he was playing? SO your calling me wrong about this yet your saying nobody knows how they do it? Than simply asked how do you know what i said is wrong?

Point is it's a logical explanation to figure out how people who don't "Stealth" the game get banned. I am pretty sure that the people who got banned from LIVE were in the middle of the game (that i know anyway) they got a message saying xbox live had disconnected and than they couldn't get back on (on that console). I consider that pretty "Instant"

joinmeindeath417

System Name SINNAH
Storage 500gb SATAII
Case Antec Three Hundred
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Microsoft can ban your xbox live account or your console, i think they do it by serial number or something like they physically ban the console. Im not sure how people get caught i dont think MS wants to divulge that information.

IMO i think the only reason they only ban consoles 99% of the time is basically knowing someone will buy another xbox 360, and do it all over again, if they ban your live account, it may just steer the person away from xbox products all together. Remember a pirate doesn't think its wrong to steal games/movies/music, so they never consider themselves at "fault".

Last edited by a moderator:

HookeyStreet

Eat, sleep, game!
I was told what i posted by someone who got banned from Live (obviously just console banned) they fought with Microshaft and tried to prove they "weren't" using a pirated copy and they claimed they could tell he was by the game ID that he was playing? SO your calling me wrong about this yet your saying nobody knows how they do it? Than simply asked how do you know what i said is wrong?

Point is it's a logical explanation to figure out how people who don't "Stealth" the game get banned. I am pretty sure that the people who got banned from LIVE were in the middle of the game (that i know anyway) they got a message saying xbox live had disconnected and than they couldn't get back on (on that console). I consider that pretty "Instant"

Im not going to go into it from a personal view, but your wrong and I know this for a fact. When you get banned, you usually just switch on the 360 one day and it wont connect to LIVE, not whilst you in the middle of a game. Sorry, but I know more about this subject then you ;)

And when I said, no such thing as 'Instant Ban' I meant, for example, youve just got a flashed 360, you go online with an illegal copy and BANG, your banned....it doesnt happen like that. Your console is flagged at a certain time when MS does the searching for modified consoles, they then wait, usually until November/December time and they then do rolling bans. This leads to them slowly, but in big chunks, banning the flagged consoles. So technically your console could be added to the 'to ban' list in February but your actual console wont be banned until November. Last year they did the bans just before the NXE was released in November. I put this down to the fact that it would be harder to detect the modified consoles once the game was installed to the HDD (because some say they detect you by disc reading speed) but who knows, nobody 100%

Last edited:
System Name Jaffakeik
Processor I9 12900K
Motherboard MSI Pro B660M-A WIFI DDR4
Cooling Arctic Liquid Freezer II High Performance CPU Water cooler- 240mm
Memory Corsair Vengeance LPX Black 32GB (2x16GB) 3600
Video Card(s) 7900XTX gigabyte OC edition
Storage WD Black SN770 1TB SSD M.2 2280 NVME x2
Display(s) TV LG C2
Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2 Full Tower Case Tempered
Audio Device(s) Mother board + Sennhiser HD650+ Elgato wave xlr + shure SM7B
Power Supply EVGA 1600w G+
Mouse Glorious Model 0
Keyboard Corsair RBG mini K65 + Steelseries Apex150
Software Windows 11
Benchmark Scores over 9000
Lucky me I dont play consoles.Too bad that consoles got some great games that will never be on PC.

I am not judging people but its best not to mention how to or that you do pirate games.

Forza 3 is one game that i definitely will buy, i dont buy a lot of 360 games because im skint and they are expensive but damn it looks way fun.

I dont know how they catch people but they can, your never truly safe.
The pirates who think they are right to steal games are idiots, you wouldnt steal a game from a store. I recognise that older games maybe a different case to pirating new ones. Dreamcast games for example piracy killed it but now these days i myself would find it acceptable to play copied games on a dreamcast because its long dead.

Tau

I checked on Xbox Live today and saw that some people are playing forza 3 right now,(not the demo), so I looked around and the game seems to be leaked, its all over torrents now, I am guessing whoever plays the torrented version is is gonna get banned but why are they doing something so stupid.

I am starting to think ms is leaking high profile games with some of its code tagged to trace who gets it, that way even if they don't play the game online, it will still be on their profile and they will be banned, and they deserve a ban and to be smacked for playing torrented games, like 2 or 3 weeks before their even out.

How do you know its a pirated copy? I have had review samples of games sometimes a month or more before it hits retail shelves.

There is no way to tell.

HookeyStreet

Eat, sleep, game!
How do you know its a pirated copy? I have had review samples of games sometimes a month or more before it hits retail shelves.

There is no way to tell.

It is a pirate version, someone leaked an NTSC version a few days ago.

Tau

It is a pirate version, someone leaked an NTSC version a few days ago.

So you happen to know the person playing it on live is using the leaked copy and not a legal sample?

IMO to many people jump to conclusions.

HookeyStreet

Eat, sleep, game!
So you happen to know the person playing it on live is using the leaked copy and not a legal sample?

IMO to many people jump to conclusions.

Yep, I know everyone on XBOX LIVE :rolleyes:

Its a bit of a coincidence that loads of people are on LIVE playing the an unreleased game on the exact same day that a leaked version is available for download isnt it...............you must be right, thay all have legal sample copies :rolleyes:

System Name Cosmos F1000
Processor i9-9900k
Case CM Cosmos 1000
Mouse G400s Logitech
Yeah those copies are legit...... if you patch them. :laugh:

I think we have more people commenting than we have people that know how leaking is exploited by piracy. I encourage people to read up on the topic first, and then come back with comments afterwards. We cannot explain how it works step by step on TPU. They don't allow it to my knowledge.

Last edited:

HookeyStreet

Eat, sleep, game!
Yeah those copies are legit...... if you patch them. :laugh:

I think we have more people commenting than we have people that know how leaking is exploited by piracy. I encourage people to read up on the topic first, and then come back with comments afterwards. We cannot explain how it works step by step on TPU. They don't allow it to my knowledge.

A PAL version just got leaked, maybe thats a legit sampler aswell lol :rolleyes: