• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

[WTB] Found :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heatware
232 0 0
System Name POS built from new and used parts from everywhere in pieces cheap
Processor Amd Ryzen R5 3600X $180 used off Ars and a 3900X is only 5-8fps faster in games, so y spend more $$$
Motherboard msi x570 gaming edge wifi $180 refurb off Amazon
Cooling Noctua NH-D14 used off ebay for $65
Memory G.Skill RipJaws V Series 16GB DDR4 3600mhz $85 off Amazon
Video Card(s) XFX RX 5700 XT
Storage 1 tb ssd, 4 tb spinner, 4 tb spinner, 5 tb spinner, 2tb spinner, 4tb External
Display(s) 2 50" "chap" Hisense TV's
Case Cooler Master Kick butt case.
Audio Device(s) Marantz SR-5010
Power Supply Corsair RM1000x Modular Got manufacture refurbished for $85 Shipped on Amazon
Mouse Elecom Huge Marble Mouse $35 off ebay used and worth every penny!
Keyboard Cheap Gofreetech Mechanical I got for $16 off Eblay
Software Windows 10 Pro Bought key for $20 off HRK
Benchmark Scores It does something, plays games and stuff, do I really need to whip out my score penis at you?
My ps2 has taken a dump, its doing nothing but scratching rings into my discs for some reason. So I am looking to replace it with a chipped unit this time to mess with so that if it does it again, Im not ruining my original discs that I have kept all these years in mint condition, just to have this sob cut circles into them. If you have one, prefer a slim unit if at all possible, but open to a fatty if need be, just go ahead and pm me with what you have and how much. TIA!

Heatware
75 0 0
System Name Hexy
Processor Intel i9 7900x @4.9Ghz (direct die liquid cooling)
Motherboard EVGA x299 Dark
Cooling Custom Liquid W/ 3x120 Radiator
Memory 32Gb Team Group (B-Die) @4000 16-16-16-28
Video Card(s) GTX 1080Ti Liquid Cooled, RX Vega 56 Liquid Cooled
Storage 1TB Sk Hynix Gold P31, 2x (Raid 0) 512Gb Sabrent Rockets
Display(s) PX329 + PX247
Case Custom Lian Li V100L
Audio Device(s) Sennheiser HD58X + Sennheiser GSX 1000 + Fosi T20 W/ GE JAN 5654W Tubes
Power Supply Corsair RM 750x
Mouse Zelotes C-18
Keyboard Bloody 845R
Software Windows 10 Pro
I have a soft modded PS2 with an 80gb hard drive that will achieve what your trying to do. shoot me a PM if your interested.

Processor Ryzen 2700X
Motherboard X470 Tachi Ultimate
Cooling Scythe Big Shuriken 3
Memory C.R.S.
Video Card(s) Radeon VII
Software Win 7
Benchmark Scores Never high enough
The ribbon cable to the drive's laser has come up a little and making contact with the disk as it spins.
Happens over time since the adhesive used to hold it down weakens with use and the ribbon cable just starts to come up. The way the disk drive works just keeps tugging at the adhesive and of course in time it will start to give way.

I got my hands on a free PS2 slim that the ribbon cable was shredded due to this very problem. I ordered a replacement cable and after getting it I installed the new cable and made sure the sticky part of it was in place and the cable was right, then right where it would have been tugging on the cable I applied a bit of super glue to help the adhesive "Hold" without getting worked loose.

In your case a simple application of glue in the right spot should solve the scratching probem without having to do anything else.

The unit I have apparently has a dead disk drive so that's the next thing I need to find for it. The laser moves but that's about it and suspect the cable getting shredded caused it to go bad.
After replacing the dead drive it should work fine.

I also did a mod that allows for a standard CMOS battery to be used instead of buying the more expensive ones with the pigtail plug on it.

I can show you how to fix the problem you've got no prob.
If you want, PM me and we'll take it from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.