• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Found one!! 478 Mobo w/PCI-e and DDRI/II

W

warlock

My brother gives me a call and tells me you've got to see this mobo on ebay!
It Asrock Asus P4Twins-HDTV socket 478 DDRI/II. Features are Ati Radeon Xpress 200 northbridge, ULi 1573 southbridge, 1 Pci-e x 16 , 2 ddrI ,and 2 ddrII dimm slots. Check the link below for the rest of the specs. As you can see from my system specs I'm still running a 478, even that the fact that it an asrock mobo didn't stop me (I had 1 B4) from grabbing it. This board gives me uprade options that I never expected. Once I've upgraded my gpu to pci-e, and my memory to ddrII then I'll change Platforms (AM2 probably).I diddn't notice any posts about this mobo, anybody have any info? Even opinions on the chipset would be cool!!:D
www.asrock.com/product/P4Twins-HDTV.htm

Processor FX-8320@ 4.2Ghz
Motherboard Gigabyte 970A-UD3
Cooling Xigmatek S1283
Memory 2x4Gb Corsair 1600 9-9-9-24
Video Card(s) Sapphire RX-480 Nitro
Storage OCZ Vertex 3 120G, 1TB WD Black
Display(s) Dell S2330MX
Case Corsair Carbide Air 540
Audio Device(s) X-Fi Fatal1ty / 5.1 Logitech Z-5500
Power Supply Silverstone DA750
Software Win10 pro 64bit
ehh i dunno it don't sound like a good idea and prob will suck performance wize because of all the special shit they had to do to make all of that work together

W

warlock

I know that I,m Probably taking a big hit performance wise, I'm just tired of waiting can't afford to upgrade everthing at once.This way I can use what I have now, then I'll grab a good pair of DDR II and ASAP a top PCI-e card. I want to go crossfire or sli anyway so I'll have this in mind the whole time. Besides this way it gives me something to do but wait!!