• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Found one!! 478 Mobo w/PCI-e and DDRI/II

W

warlock

My brother gives me a call and tells me you've got to see this mobo on ebay!
It Asrock Asus P4Twins-HDTV socket 478 DDRI/II. Features are Ati Radeon Xpress 200 northbridge, ULi 1573 southbridge, 1 Pci-e x 16 , 2 ddrI ,and 2 ddrII dimm slots. Check the link below for the rest of the specs. As you can see from my system specs I'm still running a 478, even that the fact that it an asrock mobo didn't stop me (I had 1 B4) from grabbing it. This board gives me uprade options that I never expected. Once I've upgraded my gpu to pci-e, and my memory to ddrII then I'll change Platforms (AM2 probably).I diddn't notice any posts about this mobo, anybody have any info? Even opinions on the chipset would be cool!!:D
www.asrock.com/product/P4Twins-HDTV.htm

Processor Ryzen 5900X
Motherboard ASUS Prime X470 Pro
Cooling Arctic liquid freezer II 240
Memory 2 x 16 Gb Gskill Trident Z 3600 Mhz
Video Card(s) MSI Ventus 3060 Ti OC
Storage Samsung 960 EVO 500 Gb / 860 EVO 1 Tb
Display(s) Dell S2719DGF
Case Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster Z
Power Supply Corsair RM850x
Mouse Logitech G703
Keyboard Logitech G513
Software Win 11
ehh i dunno it don't sound like a good idea and prob will suck performance wize because of all the special shit they had to do to make all of that work together

HookeyStreet

Eat, sleep, game!
Just the fact that its ASRock would put me off and wouldnt a really good PCI-E card be choked by a skt 478 CPU anyway?

W

warlock

I know that I,m Probably taking a big hit performance wise, I'm just tired of waiting can't afford to upgrade everthing at once.This way I can use what I have now, then I'll grab a good pair of DDR II and ASAP a top PCI-e card. I want to go crossfire or sli anyway so I'll have this in mind the whole time. Besides this way it gives me something to do but wait!!