• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Foxconn Admits to Breach of Anti- Child Labor Laws

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Processor AMD FX 8350@ 5.0GHz
Motherboard Asus TUF 990FX Sabertooth R2 2901 Bios
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Memory 16 GB Gskill Ripjaws X 2133 (2400 OC, 10-10-12-20-20, 1T, 1.65V)
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 290 Sapphire Vapor-X
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, WD Velociraptor 1TB
Display(s) NEC Multisync LCD 1700V (Display Port Adapter)
Case AeroCool Xpredator Evil Blue Edition
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Seasonic 1250 XM2 Series (XP3)
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK Pro
Software Windows 7 Pro 64
God that sounds like every US mil base in existance. Should close those down too.

self contained town pretty much dude

And why should people continue to buy overpriced Apple hardware? If you do, you are as good as supporting them with this type of workplace abuse.

Guess what happened if Apple was manufacturing there products in North America and/or Great Britain? The prices we pay today would remain the same. This concludes cheap outsourcing to 3rd world countries makes absolutely no difference with what we pay for the products.

It only means they are taking in a dump load more profits while exploiting hard working people. IMO....

thus taking away work.

Processor Intel® Core™ i7-13700K
Motherboard Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory 32GB(2x16) DDR5@6600MHz G-Skill Trident Z5
Video Card(s) ZOTAC GAMING GeForce RTX 3080 AMP Holo
Storage 2TB SK Platinum P41 SSD + 4TB SanDisk Ultra SSD + 500GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD
Display(s) Acer Predator X34 3440x1440@100Hz G-Sync
Case NZXT PHANTOM410-BK
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium PCIe
Power Supply Corsair 850W
Mouse Logitech Hero G502 SE
Software Windows 11 Pro - 64bit
Benchmark Scores 30FPS in NFS:Rivals
Children working in most Asian countries (except Japan and Korea) is a common scene seen everywhere. Just saying....

Processor Ryzen 7 5800x3d
Motherboard Asrock b550m riptide pd
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin
Memory 32gb (4x8) G.Skill RGB DDR4 @ 3200
Video Card(s) XFX Speedster QICK319 RX 7800 XT 16gb
Storage 1x Hynix P31 1tb (os) 1x 4tb SP UD90
Display(s) 1x Acer Predator X34, 2x 13.3 mobile USBC wings
Case Jonsbo D31 mesh
Audio Device(s) EVGA Nu Audio
Power Supply Corsair SF750w
Software Windows 11
And why should people continue to buy overpriced Apple hardware? If you do, you are as good as supporting them with this type of workplace abuse.

Guess what happened if Apple was manufacturing there products in North America and/or Great Britain? The prices we pay today would remain the same. This concludes cheap outsourcing to 3rd world countries makes absolutely no difference with what we pay for the products.

As already pointed out, Foxconn is a first tier ODM/OEM and make damn near everything. Resting the blame on Apple's shoulders alone is just stupid when the list I cited earlier includes virtually every major PC, laptop, tablet, console, and smartphone vendor on the market in addition to other industry leaders.

While I own an iPad 3 and iPhone 4S (and previously opened each version up to these, along with various Droid devices), I am no more supporting this behavior than anyone else. If your Droid Razr MAXX and Galaxy S III are made 2 factory floors away, you are not a supporter of this behavior either. If consumers had the choice we would insist our products he made here in the USA. I bought an all American muscle car for example...but despite the Detroit connection it was actually built in Canada with a HEMI forged in Mexico. Does this mean I'm supporting the Mexican drug cartels? Or that I am against the workers unions in Canada?

I would strongly encourage Apple to make their products in the US, and I would even pay MORE for them if they had been. But for now all I can do is hope, comment, and let my voice be known to Apple on the matter.

In fact I think Apple may eventually move production to the US at some point, for some products. As it stands they have just officially become a legitimate CPU designer which shows they are focusing on controlling more aspects of performance, so surely the focus on manufacturing will come at some point.

But I find it hard to believe any other vendors would take on such a risk and costly endeavor. Competition is just too fierce, and profit margins already slipping as devices get more complex. I doubt you'll see anyone else dumping the cash into something that won't pay off for awhile.