1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Foxconn QF Black Ops

Discussion in 'Motherboards & Memory' started by MRCL, May 17, 2009.

1. MRCL

MRCL

Thanks Received:
    Theres a sale on a local shop, and they offer the Foxconn QF Black ops for a price you cannot resist (not even 200$). Now, I am 95% buying this board, BUT before I definately do, I wanted to ask here...

...if anybody has experience with this board
    ...if its recommendable
    ...if it would be a noticeable upgrade to my Maximus Formula

I have never had a Foxconn board, as they are somewhat rare around here. But I read some reviews on it real quick (will do deeper research, I always do) that its an enthusiast board and yeah...

Enough of the talk. Should I go for it? Yes? No? Why? :)

2. Lethalrise750

Lethalrise750 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Quantum Bios is pretty awesome and easy to use.

3. Darknova

Darknova

Thanks Received:
    +1 the Quantum BIOS is phenomenal...however, I don't think you'll get much more out of it then you do out of your Maximus.

10 Year Member at TPU
  4. MRCL

MRCL

Thanks Received:
    You think so? Hmm. I am suspecting the Maximus board to holding me back somehow, idk.

5. Ketxxx

Ketxxx Heedless Psychic

Thanks Received:
    Asus P45 boards are the shit for OCing, you can guarantee its very very unlikely the board is holding you back.

10 Year Member at TPU
  6. MRCL

MRCL

Thanks Received:
    Maximus Formula is an X38 afaik, but yeah, I suspect(ed) it, but its more likely I'm doing something wrong :slap: :laugh: However I have reserved a board now, I can still withdraw from it as I'm still reading reviews. I'd like to hear some personal opinions tho.

7. Ketxxx

Ketxxx Heedless Psychic

Thanks Received:
    Thats what I meant, you have a asus board and even though its not a P45, you still shouldn't be seeing it holding you back. My bad for not making it clearer, I'm still half drunk from last night :eek: :p

10 Year Member at TPU
  8. MRCL

MRCL

Thanks Received:
    Lol no problem man:) The Formula is a good board no doubt, but yeah... you know how it is. Its like womens obsession with shoes.

9. Ketxxx

Ketxxx Heedless Psychic

Thanks Received:
    Ahh with one very important difference! Theres a purpose to when we buy new mobos, there isn't when women buy new shoes :D

10 Year Member at TPU
  10. HellasVagabond New Member

Thanks Received:
    Last time i checked FoxConn is going bankrupt, at least that is the word on the street so buying one of their mainboards may not be a good idea at the moment, not before these rumors prove to be real or false.

10 Year Member at TPU
  11. MRCL

MRCL

Thanks Received:
    Indeed. And the boards don't hurt our feet.

12. Ketxxx

Ketxxx Heedless Psychic

Thanks Received:
    They look pretty too. Shoes tend to come in just one colour, mobos come in many :p

10 Year Member at TPU
  13. Cold Storm

Cold Storm Battosai

Thanks Received:
    If you want a Max board, and A P45... Maximus Formula II... ;)

As for the Maximus Formula board.. I loved my board very much! When you did the bios mod to make it the Rampage board, it became a lot better oc'er then with the Maximus Bios. But, if you break it... haha... No rma's on that! lol Unless you can flash it back..

14. MRCL

MRCL

Thanks Received:
    Where did you see that?

And they're cheaper sometimes too, and useful for many things. Shoes are just made for walking.

15. Ketxxx

Ketxxx Heedless Psychic

Thanks Received:
    Exactly, who needs shoes anyway? Our bare feet are good enough, save the money for mobos :D

10 Year Member at TPU
  16. HellasVagabond New Member

Thanks Received:
    I didnt see it MRCL, i just heard it from various people. Also do take notice that FoxConn dismantled almost all of their EU branches a while ago and that can't be a coincidence.
    In any case nothing is definite until it gets verified, i am just saying what the word on the street is.

10 Year Member at TPU
  17. MRCL

MRCL

Thanks Received:
    I have yet to try that. But if I break it, I have no backup board at the moment, a very inconvenient circumstance. And the Maximus II Formula is a good 90 bucks more expensive than the Black Ops. Its not that I haven't played with the thought of it. :)

18. Cold Storm

Cold Storm Battosai

Thanks Received:
    Man, you gotta get around the fact of bricking.. lol.. Yeah, I know the feeling.. I was so battered between flashing it or not flashing it... But, after awhile... I said flop it, and went with it... I've been without a computer for a while.. So, why not lol

19. MRCL

MRCL

Thanks Received:
    That... is some real positive motivation :roll:

20. Cold Storm

Cold Storm Battosai

Thanks Received:
    :roll: yeah, that's the way man! The first board I had, Gigabyte (grrr), gave me so much sh1t, I returned it in 16 days of using it since it couldn't even start right at stock.... about a month then.... My bro was starting the 3870 thread.. Forgot to flash the bios back to stock, and undo the pencil mod, blew my 3870 up with trim pots.. almost 2 months then because I had to save up for a video card.. lol... Bought a open box Striker II... great board till it fried the PCI-e slots.. Newegg wouldn't do anything because it was on the 15th day I had it.. Not the 15th day since I BOUGHT it... Big difference... I sold the board I had then to Sneekypeet.. lol.. So about a month and got the max... Well, then it all went all right... till a wild oc took the board... a month later, tried it.. no... two months later I could afford a 780i board... it came doa with the famous "FF" problem... put the max board in to try... Worked... then 3 months later the ram fried the dimm slot.. First dimm slot.. So, bios is sol... But, 2 weeks later I had the 780i board back.. Took them a month just to say, new board... lol..

So yeah, I've been without a computer.. Work is my friend! Grinding is my lifestyle.

21. aCid888*

aCid888* New Member

Thanks Received:
    The question is, do you need another board??

Your current one is fine and I doubt its holding you back.

Saying that, the Foxconn board does look nice and reviewers seem to like it, though I would still keep the Maximus as its a solid board and spending cash on another when its not dead or dying isn't smart.

You could always buy a E85/E8600, sell your E8400 and upgrade to a better clocking chip for around $110 after you sell your old one. :)

22. Ketxxx

Ketxxx Heedless Psychic

Thanks Received:
    You poor man.. during all that time I can only imagine your pain of actually having to listen to any potential significant other instead of sitting at your puter with the monitor giving a nice fuzzy warm glow and you just pretending to listen with the occasional but essential "uh-huh" "oh" "hmm.. ok" and "That bitch is crazy anyway".

10 Year Member at TPU
  23. MRCL

MRCL

Thanks Received:
    ColdStorm, hardware must be afraid of you lol.

No, a new board is not vital. I would have use for the Formula board tho. Better clocking chip for around 110$ you say? I rather not tell you how much an E8400 costs around here then:eek:

Uh... what? :laugh:

24. Ketxxx

Ketxxx Heedless Psychic

Thanks Received:
    In summary, what man REALLY listens to what a woman has to say about something you have absolutely no interest in? :p

10 Year Member at TPU
  25. Cold Storm

Cold Storm Battosai

Thanks Received:
    Oh, I loved my Max board.. just a temperamental board.. Like my Ex fiance.. lol I can say out of all the boards I've had.. the Blood Iron board was simply the best... No fsb hole.. booted to 560fsb, and was one hell of a ocer.. But, I don't think I'd be leaving this 780i board.. No way on that!