• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

FreeSync causing boot problems

Since running Adrenalin 18.1 the system boots, albeit more slowly than it should, especially being on SSD. However, when I turn FS off at the monitor controls, boot is completely normal.
I'm still going to try the DP route as I'm not convinced about FS over HDMI, for all the reasons stated. Many have suggested rolling back the drivers to 17.11.14 perhaps. I see your monitor supports FS over HDMI, so this is also puzzling.
Sorry I can't help more.
Thanks anyway.

System Name Ryzen Monster
Processor Ryzen 5 5600X
Motherboard Asus ROG Crosshair Hero VII WiFi
Cooling Corsair H100i RGB Platinum
Memory Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB (4x8GB) 3200Mhz CMW16GX4M2C3200C16
Video Card(s) Asus ROG Strix RX5700XT OC 8Gb
Storage WD Black 500GB NVMe 250Gb Samsung SSD, OCZ 500Gb SSD WD M.2 500Gb, plus three spinners up to 1.5Tb
Display(s) LG 32GK650F-B 32" UltraGear™ QHD
Case Cooler Master Storm Trooper
Audio Device(s) Supreme FX on board
Power Supply Corsair RM850X full modular
Mouse Corsair M65 Pro
Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB Silent
VR HMD Headphones Logitech G533 wireless
Software Windows 11 Start 11
Benchmark Scores 3DMark Time Spy 4532 (9258 March 2021, 9399 July 2021)
In the end I got rid of the cheap unbranded DP cable, went back to HDMI and things have been average since then. Average in the sense that booting still doesn't seem normal and is almost like a double boot.
Incidentally, I bought Homefront Revolution is a Steam sale which then promptly messed my system up and the GPU drivers simply disappeared leaving me with basic. I reinstalled the drivers with DDU and the same thing happened, so I uninstalled/refunded the game and the problem hasn't returned. That was an odd one.
Anyway, I'm changing my CPU/mobo next month, together with a new high quality DP cable, so it will be interesting to see the improvements.