• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Frequent BSOD with new build

I've recently purchased a Kingston A400 240GB SSD and it was running fine with no problems at all, week after it I've installed msi b450 gaming plus max+ryzen 3600 and all of a sudden I've started to get BSOD multiple times a day with different error codes (memory management, kernel data inpage, IRQL not less or equal..this is what I remember)
Now I don't know if its because the new ssd or the new mobo or even something else..I ran memtest86 for 4 passes both at stock and OC to 2666 with no errors, I reinstalled windows 10 but no luck, updated to the latest bios from MSI still same story
I am going to run disk check now and I think it will be my last resort, otherwise I am suspecting bios problem since MSI having a bad time right now with their BIOS
Its worth mentioning that my old ssd (Intel 535 120GB) was failing to boot from time to time and it would recover by it self randomly, either within minutes after shutting down or days..but now the new Kingston ssd is where windows is installed and the old ssd still working fine as a storage device (which is connected to the new motherboard), now it wouldn't be a problem to connect it to the mobo since it's no longer the booting device right?
Can someone please tell me what is going on especially that I am still in the 14 days return period, thanks in advance :)

My rig:
Ryzen 5 3600
MSI b450 gaming plus max
Seasonic focus plus platinum
Zotac Gtx 1080 mini
Cheap generic 2*4GB ddr4 Kingston @2133 (Hynix MFR )
Booting device: Kingston a400 240GB ssd
Other storage devices: Intel 535 120GB ssd+ WD blue 1TB

System Name Budget Box
Processor Xeon E5-2667v2
Motherboard ASUS P9X79 Pro
Cooling Some cheap tower cooler, I dunno
Memory 32GB 1866-DDR3 ECC
Video Card(s) XFX RX 5600XT
Storage WD NVME 1GB
Display(s) ASUS Pro Art 27"
Case Antec P7 Neo
Can you successfully install Windows? If so, have you installed the latest chipset drivers from AMD?

System Name Box of Distraction
Processor Ryzen 7 1800X
Motherboard Crosshair VI Hero
Cooling Custom watercooling
Memory G.Skill TridentZ 2x8GB @ 3466MHz CL14 1T
Video Card(s) EVGA 1080Ti FE. WC'd & TDP limit increased to 360W.
Storage Samsung 960 Evo 500GB & WD Black 2TB storage drive.
Display(s) Asus ROG Swift PG278QR 27" 1440P 165hz Gsync
Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M
Audio Device(s) Phillips Fidelio X2 headphones / basic Bose speakers
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 750W G3
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Cherry MX Board 6.0 (mx red switches)
Software Win 10 & Linux Mint
Benchmark Scores https://hwbot.org/user/infrared
My next guess after you passed memtest86 would be a bad SATA cable causing errors and maybe data corruption. Try a new cable, but you'll probably want to do a quick format and fresh OS install as well if that does turn out to be the cause.

[/QUOTE]
Can you successfully install Windows? If so, have you installed the latest chipset drivers from AMD?
Yeah no problem with installing at all apart from a weird coloring bug during the process with the latest windows update, I can usey PC sometimes for hours with no problem and sometimes within few minutes after logging in to windows
And no I didn't install any chipset drivers, I will give it a try now

Processor Ryzen 7 5800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite
Cooling Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE
Memory 2x16 GB Crucial Ballistix 3600 CL16 Rev E @ 3800 CL16
Video Card(s) RTX3080 Ti FE
Storage SX8200 Pro 1 TB, Plextor M6Pro 256 GB, WD Blue 2TB
Display(s) LG 34GN850P-B
Case SilverStone Primera PM01 RGB
Audio Device(s) SoundBlaster G6 | Fidelio X2 | Sennheiser 6XX
Power Supply SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 750W
Mouse Endgame Gear XM1R
Keyboard Wooting Two HE
Have you checked wiring?

My next guess after you passed memtest86 would be a bad SATA cable causing errors and maybe data corruption. Try a new cable, but you'll probably want to do a quick format and fresh OS install as well if that does turn out to be the cause.
OK I will try the cables that came with the mobo

Quick update: disk check gave no errors for both SSDs, I am going to check the cables now