1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

[FS] Sony Vaio 1.83GHz Core Duo SZ160P Laptop Notebook 100GB, 1.5GB DDR2, Widescree

Discussion in 'Buy/Sell/Trade/Giveaway Forum' started by karolpl2004, Jan 24, 2007.

1. karolpl2004

karolpl2004

Thanks Received:
    I just bought this laptop 2 months ago from geeks.com for $1750. Little did i realize, i need that money to buy me a car now!
    SONY VAIO Model VGN-SZ160P. No scratches, only minimal wear and tear. Not only is this thing as light as a feather, but it packs some major power!

It's ultra-thin and ultra-light yet boasts a 13.3" widescreen, razor thin display with XBRITE™ technology. It's packed with features including a Hybrid Graphics System which let you switch from internal graphics for battery efficiency and external graphics for robust performance. Integrated camera and microphone lets you easily chat and video mail with family, friends or business associates.
    Wireless freedom is yours with integrated Wireless WAN, 802.11a/b/g WLAN and integrated Bluetooth® technology. Made of space-age carbon-fiber casing, it is stylishly designed and constructed to last. Ensure that your investment and data are safe with advanced security features like biometric fingerprint sensor and G-Sensor™ shock protection. Create your own DVDs and CDs with DVD±R Double Layer/DVD±RW drive.

Windows Vista Ready!

General
    Computer Type: Notebook

Type of Use: Ultra Portable

Keyboard: QWERTY, 86 keys with 3mm stroke

Pointing Device: Electro-Static touch pad

Security: Trusted Platform Module (TMP), Biometric Fingerprint Sensor

Processor
    Type: Intel Core Duo Processor T2400

Speed: 1.83 GHz

Front Side Bus Speed: 667MHz

L2 Cache: 2MB

Memory
    Type: DDR2

Installed: 1.5GB (OCZ 1024MB PC2-5300 and Nanya 512MB PC2-4300)

Max: 2GB

Frequency: 266.7MHz

Hard Drive
    Capacity: 100GB

Speed: 5400rpm

Interface: Serial ATA

Impact Protection: G-Sensor Shock Protection

Graphics
    Processor: NVIDIA GeForce Go 7400 and Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950

Video RAM: 256MB (NVIDIA GeForce Go 7400) and 224mb dynamically allocated shared (RAM/Video) memory (Intel Graphics)

Technology: Hybrid Graphics System, TurboCache

Optical Drive
    DVD+R DL Write: 2.4x
    DVD+R Write: 4x
    DVD+RW Write: 2.4x
    DVD-R Write: 4x
    DVD-RW Write: 2x
    CD-R Write: 24x
    CD-RW Write: 10x
    CD Read: 24x
    DVD Read: 8x

Additional Accessories
    Standard Lithium-Ion Battery

AC Adapter
    Memory Card Adapter
    Power Cord

If you have any questions, please ask, and I will try to reply as soon as possible. I used this notebook mostly for music and school, and also played a little Battlefield 2. When you receive the notebook, it will come reformatted with Windows XP SP2 on it along with Sony’s bundled software.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Price $1500 OBO

10 Year Member at TPU
  2. karolpl2004

karolpl2004

Thanks Received:
    I originally listed it on ebay, but got this email from the buyer:

"Hello Karol,
    My name is Lisa Daniel i'M from NY, but Presently i'm leading a conventional church program in UK. I saw your item (280073998021) and i'll like to buy it for my son that will be starting a Computer science course in University of Nigeria Next week. Do not worry about the shipping of the item, i will take care of that what you just do is tell me how much it will cast for you to ship the item true USPS Global Express(EMS) which i think is cheaper and easy to use,then you should tell me total amount of the item and shipping cost so that i can make payment you immediately. Moreover i would have prefer to send you a cheque but simply because i want you to ship the item first thing tomorrow, i will be sending you payment via PAYPAL,so make sure you get the package ready for tomorrow shipment ok? And kindly send me your paypal address or your contact,so i can make the payment right away. Thanks
    Lisa Daniel."

10 Year Member at TPU
  3. Steevo

Steevo

Heatware:
    2 0 0 
    Thanks Received:
    Ohhhh, take the money and run.

In the words of Steve Miller.

And if it is listed on e-bay it is illegal to sell it here.

10 Year Member at TPU 10 Million points folded for TPU
  4. karolpl2004

karolpl2004

Thanks Received:
    its not listed on ebay. it was until this dumbass from nigeria tried to scam me. i do paypal.

10 Year Member at TPU
  5. PyroInc

Heatware:
    1 0 0 
    Thanks Received:
    I had some nigerian a$$hole try to pull something like that when I was selling my 7900 gtx

10 Year Member at TPU
  6. karolpl2004

karolpl2004

Thanks Received:
    you should see the paypal "confirmation" email this dumbass made. haha lsiten to this:

"Note: The funds will be Credited into the seller's account once the shipment has been verified. This action is taken in order to protect both seller and buyer's interests and to reduce the occurrence of fraudulent activities,and you can consult out customer care service at this email (p.a.l.pay.verification@accountant.com)"

10 Year Member at TPU
  7. xman2007

xman2007 New Member

Thanks Received:
    lmao it would help if the muppets spoke english a tad bit better :roll:

damn scammers :shadedshu

10 Year Member at TPU
  8. PyroInc

Heatware:
    1 0 0 
    Thanks Received:
    lol serious they allways type broken english :roll: and expect you to fall for it

10 Year Member at TPU