1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

FSP Windale 4

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by crazyeyesreaper, Sep 12, 2017.

1. crazyeyesreaper

crazyeyesreaper Chief Broken Rig

Thanks Received:
    FSP looks to break into the entry level cooling market with the Windale 4. This simple tower cooler may appear bland, but don't let it fool you: It packs a huge punch in terms of price to performance.

To read this review go to: https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/FSP/Windale_4/

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2017
    Folterknecht says thanks.
  2. FreedomEclipse

FreedomEclipse ~Technological Technocrat~

Thanks Received:
    Hyper 212 alternative/competitor!!!

However, Ive fitted plenty of tower coolers that install just like that in my time and its fiddly to the point where Id rather just grab a AIO instead. Ive fitted CPU coolers for other people but the last time i personally used a tower cooler it was a thermaltake frio and that CPU was all the rage back when i bought it.

10 Year Member at TPU
  3. StrayKAT

StrayKAT

Thanks Received:
    Pardon my ignorance, or if I missed it, but what's clearance space for ram?

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
  4. crazyeyesreaper

Thanks Received:
    Read the review and youll find the answer

Every single cooler review on the same page every time shows images of the typical clearance of both memory as well as a GPU in the first expansion slot for Mini-ITX users.
    https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/FSP/Windale_4/5.html

StrayKAT says thanks.
  5. Tsukiyomi91

Tsukiyomi91

Thanks Received:
    oooh a worthy fighter to CM Hyper 212 EVO. =O $27 tag is a bargain for folks who want a decent cooler than Intel's cheap CPU cooler. Then again, would just recommend most folks a decent AIO cooler kit like Corsair's H55 for better thermal management & longevity of the processor.

6. Hugis

Hugis

Thanks Received:
    Static~Charge says thanks.
  7. Frick

Frick Fishfaced Nincompoop

Thanks Received:
    There are plenty of those and have been for awhile but for some reason people don't care. There are coolers that perform equal or better than the Hyper 212 at equal or lower prices but people still don't care.

Caelestis says thanks.
    10 Year Member at TPU
  8. phanbuey

phanbuey

Thanks Received:
    the 212 is such a safe bet...

9. crazyeyesreaper

Thanks Received:
    Correct I have seen 4-5 offerings cross my desk that are better alternatives but people still buy the Hyper 212 series because everyone and there mom raves how good it is. Which doesn't surprise me because people are stupid. Its been quite awhile now but multiple 92 mm fan coolers have been able to beat the 212 with ease. Meanwhile the newer versions of the 212 go up in price making them far less attractive vs the competition yet still they sell. Humans are like sheep they love to follow the crowd.

10. StrayKAT

StrayKAT

Thanks Received:
    It's not always that they want to buy just the evo. Some stores (brick n mortar) don't carry much in this class. I notice this especially outside the US though.

11. 80-watt Hamster

80-watt Hamster

Thanks Received:
    The performance delta between a typical tower cooler and an AIO like the H55, which costs twice as much, is small enough that it's hard for me to recommend liquid from a cost/benefit standpoint. If building new, that $30 is (probably) better spent toward a faster processor. And CPUs are hard to kill unless you're pushing them pretty hard ALL the time.

12. Tsukiyomi91

Tsukiyomi91

Thanks Received:
    @80-watt Hamster Used a Hyper 212 on my first build. Not saying it's a bad cooler for it's price... It's a good cooler, but in the long run I find taking the water-cooling route is much more worthy investment. Again, this is entirely up to one's preference.