• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Fujitsu Unveils LIFEBOOK SH531 for Back-to-School Season

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
Fujitsu introduces a new notebook that tackles the trade-off between functionality and price, combining both in a package starting at under EUR 500. An ideal "back to school" notebook, the 33.8 cm (13.3-inch) Fujitsu LIFEBOOK SH531 notebook weighs only 1.9 kg, yet does not compromise on features, performance or energy efficiency.

Available across the CEMEA&I region via Fujitsu resellers, the slimline LIFEBOOK SH531 checks all the "must have" boxes for students choosing a studying companion, with features such as anti-glare display for outside working, a Computrace-enabled BIOS allowing the notebook to be tracked remotely if lost or stolen, software and hard drive locks, and even a spill-proof keyboard.

Users are well-connected thanks to built-in Bluetooth, WLAN, an eSATA port and an ExpressCard slot for external UMTS. Intel Wireless Display Technology even allows users to connect the notebook wirelessly to a display.

Fujitsu has designed the LIFEBOOK SH531 to ensure that throughout its lifecycle, the notebook has a minimum environmental footprint. The use of toxins in production has been minimized, and system design focuses on energy efficiency. Users can expect battery runtimes of more than six hours, thanks to the smart family of second-generation Intel Core i3 and i5 processors which deliver performance that automatically adapts to user needs.

Dieter Heiss, Head of Workplace Systems at Fujitsu Technology Solutions says: "In the past, choosing an affordable notebook was always a trade-off between functionality and price. We are changing that with the LIFEBOOK SH531, an obvious choice for school, home, or small business users who are shopping for an attractively-priced notebook with a full feature set."

Fujitsu's LIFEBOOK SH531 is already on the Fujitsu price list in the CEMEA&I region (Continental Europe, Middle East, Africa & India) and can be purchased online and at select retail locations.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name Epsilon
Processor A12-9800E 35watts
Motherboard MSI Grenade AM4
Cooling Stock
Memory 2x4GB DDR4 2400 Kingston Hyper X
Video Card(s) Radeon R7 (IGP / APU)
Storage Samsung Spinpoint F1
Display(s) AOC 29" Ultra wide
Case Generic
Power Supply Antec Earthwatts 380w
Software Windows 10
Ugly and doesn't have a radeon inside. Not my cup of tea.

System Name Darth Obsidious
Processor Intel i5 2500K
Motherboard ASUS P8Z68-V/Gen3
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212+ in Push Pull
Memory 2X4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) ASUS R9 270x TOP
Storage 128GB Samsung 830 SSD, 1TB WD Black, 2TB WD Green
Display(s) LG IPS234V-PN
Case Corsair Obsidian 650D
Audio Device(s) Infrasonic Quartet
Power Supply Corsair HX650w
Software Windows 7 64bit and Windows XP Home
Benchmark Scores 2cm mark on bench with a razor blade.
This is obviously just a bog standard laptop with minimal performance features not intended for decent gaming.

Most of the Fujitsu I have worked on are just pieces of junk but this is due to the user rather than the laptop.

I the spill proof keyboards are great, although they can still get easily messed up, the liquid finds it hard to get to the internal components which is whats important.

Better a damaged keyboard than damaged keyboard and internal components.

System Name micropage7
Processor Intel Xeon X3470
Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. P55A-UD3R (Socket 1156)
Cooling Enermax ETS-T40F
Memory Samsung 8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3
Video Card(s) NVIDIA Quadro FX 1800
Storage V-GEN03AS18EU120GB, Seagate 2 x 1TB and Seagate 4TB
Display(s) Samsung 21 inch LCD Wide Screen
Case Icute Super 18
Audio Device(s) Auzentech X-Fi Forte
Power Supply Silverstone 600 Watt
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Sades Excalibur + Taihao keycaps
Software Win 7 64-bit
Benchmark Scores Classified
looks nice but the color looks standard. if fujitsu puts bright color on it it would be much better.
dark color usually applied for mid and serious notebook. for lightweight and student segment colorful notebook would attract more attention