• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Gainward gtx 1070 ti reviving

samto

Hello guys,
so i bought gtx 1070 ti in aftermarket. Long story short it was described as no posting card. Seller tried to change motherboard and card just magically dead. He described it as error 43.
After i bring it home and put it in my system everything seems as he described. No post, black screen. System detecting card as it is - gtx 1070 ti (add photo devicemanager.png) First I tried everything from driver installation, rolling back drivers, turning the device off, enabling/disabling. Nothing worked, so I downloaded and looked in gpu-z (add photo named gainward.gif).
So as it looks vbios broken. I tried to look up in vbios database in tpu - found one. After flashing bios appeared but there is no size of memory detectable (add photo f.gif, sensors.gif). As nvflash said i restarted the system. After restarting - gpu-z showing that bios is unknown and everything broken as before (add photo after.gif).
Any ideas guys? What's up with that card and is there any method to fix it? Looking at pcb, shroud and fan - card looks as new, nothing burnt or broken.
Also adding serial number (serial number.jpg) and my system specification (system.png)

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• devicemanager.png
    devicemanager.png
    42.8 KB · Views: 461
  • serial number.jpg
    serial number.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 541
  • after.gif
    after.gif
    23.4 KB · Views: 403
  • sensors.gif
    sensors.gif
    9.9 KB · Views: 415
  • gainward.gif
    gainward.gif
    23.5 KB · Views: 717
  • f.gif
    f.gif
    26.7 KB · Views: 556
  • system.png
    system.png
    43.2 KB · Views: 337
System Name BOX
Processor Core i7 6950X @ 4,26GHz (1,28V)
Motherboard X99 SOC Champion (BIOS F23c + bifurcation mod)
Cooling Thermalright Venomous-X + 2x Delta 38mm PWM (Push-Pull)
Memory Patriot Viper Steel 4000MHz CL16 4x8GB (@3240MHz CL12.12.12.24 CR2T @ 1,48V)
Video Card(s) Titan V (~1650MHz @ 0.77V, HBM2 1GHz, Forced P2 state [OFF])
Storage WD SN850X 2TB + Samsung EVO 2TB (SATA) + Seagate Exos X20 20TB (4Kn mode)
Display(s) LG 27GP950-B
Case Fractal Design Meshify 2 XL
Audio Device(s) Motu M4 (audio interface) + ATH-A900Z + Behringer C-1
Power Supply Seasonic X-760 (760W)
Mouse Logitech RX-250
Keyboard HP KB-9970
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
Probably BGA under GPU, maybe one (or more) VRAM chip are dead/damaged.

Regeneration

NGOHQ.COM
See this thread to learn how to recover from a bad video BIOS flash.

Here is a copy of the original BIOS: https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/196761/196761

Uninstall all display drivers and then perform a cleanup with Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) from safe mode.

Carefully remove the heatsink from the graphics card and clean the fans with a toothbrush.

Clean the graphic cards with isopropyl alcohol and cotton swabs. Especially the GPU area and PCIe pins.

When you're done, reapply thermal paste on the GPU, remount the heatsink, plug it back in.

Download and install the latest drivers from Nvidia's website.

If the graphics card still doesn't work, check if it's under warranty, if it is, just RMA it.

If warranty expired, consider sending it to graphics cards repair lab, if there isn't any in your area, you can try the oven trick as the last resort.