• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Gaming All In One PC options are terrible - any good ones?

Processor OCed 5800X3D
Motherboard Asucks C6H
Cooling Air
Memory 32GB
Video Card(s) OCed 6800XT
Storage NVMees
Display(s) 32" Dull curved 1440
Case Freebie glass idk
Audio Device(s) Sennheiser
Power Supply Don't even remember
All that I've seen for the 27 inchers with a 980m is a 1080 screen? Are you kidding me?

They want 600 more dollars for a 1080 screen with a 980m compared to the 1440/970m.
This is ludicrous!

Has anyone seen a 2560x1440 27"/980m combo?

Before (deservedly) flaming for buying this bullshit, I know... LOL
I'm going to be traveling for work and need something powerful and portable, but I can't game on a weak ass 970m or look at 1080 res! It's bad enough that it's nvidia! :roll:

Last edited:
System Name Space Station
Processor Intel 13700K
Motherboard ASRock Z790 PG Riptide
Cooling Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420
Memory Corsair Vengeance 6400 2x16GB @ CL34
Video Card(s) PNY RTX 4080
Storage SSDs - Nextorage 4TB, Samsung EVO 970 500GB, Plextor M5Pro 128GB, HDDs - WD Black 6TB, 2x 1TB
Display(s) LG C3 OLED 42"
Case Corsair 7000D Airflow
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V371
Power Supply SeaSonic Vertex 1200w Gold
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3
Keyboard Bloody B840-LK
Software Windows 11 Pro 23H2
The rule of thumb with portables is you get less value and have more restrictions.

That said, if you're talking lugging around a 27" screen anyway, would it really be THAT much harder to just buy a monitor and build a micro tower, some of which even have built in handles?

That way you'd get WAY more bang for buck, better ventilation, more upgrade options, and WAY more flexibility on the type of display.

There are even all in one case/stand/handle units for monitors now.

https://www.racksolutions.com/aio-f...hl8RMQF7jF5Euk7OGGlCXMfPEsh1s855IcxoCUrrw_wcB

http://www.ergotron.com/Products/tabid/65/PRDID/328/Default.aspx

And here's a VESA mount handle/cord wrap for monitors if you want to carry a case with handle in the other hand.

http://www.gadgetify.com/gogo-grip-vesa-mount-handle/

If you're crafty, you could even make you own stand/handle/wrap out of alu plate. Frankly I don't know why someone hasn't for LAN.

Roccat monitor carry bag (up to 24").

Bag that fits up to 27" (From UK)

http://www.kustompcs.co.uk/acatalog/info_1343.html

LAN case (just one of many examples).

Last edited by a moderator:
Processor OCed 5800X3D
Motherboard Asucks C6H
Cooling Air
Memory 32GB
Storage NVMees
Case Freebie glass idk
Yeah, I gave up. I'm gonna need that monitor bag LOL. That case is nice, but looks expensive. I'll just have to rig my own handle :pimp:

No one is going to believe this, but I just don't give a shit anymore. I'm tired of all the assholes hardware manuf. I ordered a thermaltake cube kinda thingy, 4690k, asrock fatality blah blah, 980 ti, 27" x-star PLS, and I already have a sweet PSU and 16 GB of ram laying here.

Processor Intel 13700K
Storage SSDs - Nextorage 4TB, Samsung EVO 970 500GB, Plextor M5Pro 128GB, HDDs - WD Black 6TB, 2x 1TB
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3
Keyboard Bloody B840-LK
Yeah, I gave up. I'm gonna need that monitor bag LOL. That case is nice, but looks expensive. I'll just have to rig my own handle :pimp:

No one is going to believe this, but I just don't give a shit anymore. I'm tired of all the assholes hardware manuf. I ordered a thermaltake cube kinda thingy, 4690k, asrock fatality blah blah, 980 ti, 27" x-star PLS, and I already have a sweet PSU and 16 GB of ram laying here.

The Lian Li handle cases are bling and tough looking with reinforced steamer trunk type corners and all, but don't fit very big graphics cards.

The Bitfenix Colossus Micro fits up to two 320mm GPUs, which would mean even the new 12.4" Zotac tri fan AMP 980 Ti, but you'd have to mod on a handle or use one of those LAN case strap carrier gizmos or make your own.

Good for you for saying no to all in ones though. You pay a premium and get less.

Which 980 Ti did you get btw? These look sweet.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...378&cm_re=zotac_980_ti-_-14-500-378-_-Product

Hope your Thermaltake Cube is at least a V21 model though, because the cheaper V1 will not fit even a reference 980 Ti. V21 is pretty sweet. If you end up going SLI eventually, I would use horizontal MB mount. Single would be better vertical though.

Processor OCed 5800X3D
Motherboard Asucks C6H
Cooling Air
Memory 32GB
Storage NVMees
Case Freebie glass idk
The Lian Li handle cases are bling and tough looking with reinforced steamer trunk type corners and all, but don't fit very big graphics cards.

The Bitfenix Colossus Micro fits up to two 320mm GPUs, which would mean even the new 12.4" Zotac tri fan AMP 980 Ti, but you'd have to mod on a handle or use one of those LAN case strap carrier gizmos or make your own.

Good for you for saying no to all in ones though. You pay a premium and get less.

How did you know that was the card I bought? :p. Stalker.

I believe the case I got supports up to 13.5".

We're about to find out how to haul all of this crap in the back of a work truck with no cover, because I don't see myself driving my car to North Dakota :ohwell:

Processor Intel 13700K
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3
Keyboard Bloody B840-LK
How did you know that was the card I bought? :p. Stalker.

I believe the case I got supports up to 13.5".

We're about to find out how to haul all of this crap in the back of a work truck with no cover, because I don't see myself driving my car to North Dakota :ohwell:

Hey, I can't help it if i know sexy GPUs when I see em. LOL

The V21 fits 350mm (13.75") GPUs, and it's only $70.

Did you land a job up in the new oil boom territory or something? If you're doing rugged truck work and putting it in the back of the truck with no canopy, I'd consider a dry bag and maybe line it with dense foam.

http://www.rei.com/product/868846/seattle-sports-ecoroll-dry-duffel-bag-special-buy#tab-specs

The monitor would be a bit trickier.

http://www.rei.com/product/784168/sealline-black-canyon-boundary-dry-pack-70-liters#tab-specs

If this stuff looks expensive, just remember what you were thinking of paying for the all in one, or what water or other damage repairs would cost. Keep in mind you wouldn't be paying for the Roccat monitor bag, or a mod handle for the case. You can get dense foam sheeting at amazon.

How much have you spent so far total on the parts btw?

dorsetknob

"YOUR RMA REQUEST IS CON-REFUSED"
Dorset where else eh? >>> Thats ENGLAND<<<
Gaming All In One PC
generally made from Mostly laptop components with laptop upgradability or Repair
sold with mom & pop in mind not intended for the enthusiast Gaming market despite the title

Processor Intel 13700K
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3
Keyboard Bloody B840-LK
Gaming All In One PC
generally made from Mostly laptop components with laptop upgradability or Repair
sold with mom & pop in mind not intended for the enthusiast Gaming market despite the title

The worst part is, it costs at least $2400 just to get a 27" 1080p with 980m, and it doesn't even come with as good a CPU as he bought. For much less than that he'll be able to build a better mini cube, have a better display (minus touch screen), and still be able to afford fairly good toting options.

Processor q6600 G0 @ 2.8Ghz
Motherboard ex38 DS4
Cooling air
Memory 4 *1gig tracer ballistic
Video Card(s) sapphire dual bios 6950
Storage ssd- sandisk 120gb, sata- 2 500gb samsung in raid 1 & 1 samsung 400gb
Display(s) LG w2452tx
Case nzxt
Audio Device(s) na
Power Supply hiper 730
Mouse g9
Keyboard bt microsoft arch
Software win7
yeah normally very expensive for the level of hardware included, personally id never buy an all in one

Processor OCed 5800X3D
Motherboard Asucks C6H
Cooling Air
Memory 32GB
Storage NVMees
Case Freebie glass idk
Hey, I can't help it if i know sexy GPUs when I see em. LOL

The V21 fits 350mm (13.75") GPUs, and it's only $70.

Did you land a job up in the new oil boom territory or something? If you're doing rugged truck work and putting it in the back of the truck with no canopy, I'd consider a dry bag and maybe line it with dense foam.

http://www.rei.com/product/868846/seattle-sports-ecoroll-dry-duffel-bag-special-buy#tab-specs

The monitor would be a bit trickier.

http://www.rei.com/product/784168/sealline-black-canyon-boundary-dry-pack-70-liters#tab-specs

If this stuff looks expensive, just remember what you were thinking of paying for the all in one, or what water or other damage repairs would cost. Keep in mind you wouldn't be paying for the Roccat monitor bag, or a mod handle for the case. You can get dense foam sheeting at amazon.

How much have you spent so far total on the parts btw?

Highway construction. I'll move around every few weeks/month. Cost wasn't much of a concern b/c you know what they pay up there LOL

Along with a 250GB crucial SSD and keyboard/mouse, I think I've spent about 1,600. I had to pay a little extra for the monitor b/c matte is hard to get, apparently. I have CPU coolers and fans out the wazoo. I have a 2TB mechanical laying around, also.

Obviously, I could do a lot better if I had time, but I'm leaving Monday.

I think I can fit it all in a tote with some padding for the monitor.

Last edited:
Processor Intel 13700K
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3
Keyboard Bloody B840-LK
Yeah I imagine the pay is good, and cost of living low.

On the tote padding, I was thinking of just cutting a plus shaped piece of dense foam sized to fit the bottom and sides, and just stuffing it down in there and have the bag hold it in place. Then cut a separate piece the same size as the bottom and lay it down in there. When you put the case in, just remove the separate piece, lay the case in, and put the separate pad in to protect the top before zipping it up.

Optionally you could also lay in a thin piece of plastic to protect the bottom piece of foam and/or make wiping out any dirt, dust or debris easy. You could probably suffice with one of those thin flexible cutting boards for that, and maybe even find one just the right size. http://www.webstaurantstore.com/cho...kJoyI4_ghEXqKYay8X-zlsXNpF5DniFamVhoC21rw_wcB

I'd use more than just padding on the monitor though. Best to have at least a good waterproof tarp to wrap around it as well. Monitors are easily damaged by fluids dripping down inside them, including just water.

Let us know how it goes and how much it ends up costing. This may serve as a good DIY guide to help others avoid overpriced AIOs.

Processor OCed 5800X3D
Motherboard Asucks C6H
Cooling Air
Memory 32GB
Storage NVMees
Case Freebie glass idk
The cost just keeps rising. Ordered the Razer Tiamat and Alfa AC wifi adapter.