• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

[Case Gallery] Gamma-updates

System Name Reaper
Processor AMD 8350 @4.8ghz
Motherboard Asus Rog Crosshair V Formula Z
Cooling Custom water cooling
Memory 16gb Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400
Video Card(s) Evga Gtx 970 Ftw X2 in SLI
Storage Samsung evo 250gb ssd(Win10), Crucial 120gb ssd(Win7), WD Caviar black 800gb, Wd Blue 1tb
Display(s) 32' inch Samsung
Case Corsair Obsidian 800D modded
Audio Device(s) Built into Motherboard soundblaster
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 850b2
Mouse EVGA Torq X10 Carbon fiber
Keyboard LOGITECH G910 rgb
Software Win7 ultimate + Win 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Reaper_v3.4/builds/
To view this case mod, go here.

Specs:
Asus M3N-HT HDMI Deluxe 780a tri-sli mobo
AMD Phenom 2 X4 955BE 3.2ghz
CoolerMaster V8
2X 2gb OCZ Fatal1ty DDR2 800's
2X EVGA 9800GTX+'s in SLI
Corsair 850TX
LG 24X DL DVD SATA
WD Caviar Blue 250GB
WD Caviar Black 1TB
NZXT Gamma modded

Mods:
For how many fans i have going, its actually not that loud. 2 140mm Thermaltake exhaust, 5 120mm Coolermasters'(1 is exhaust), 1 Aerocool turbine intake and 1 80mm spot cooler. My GPU's idle at 33-32 (top-bottom), and hit about 50-48 at load, my cpu idles at about 30-32 and hits about 40-42 at load. All stock speeds.

I had difficulty changing out the pics on my last post so i just deleted it and made a new post. I finished cutting out all the grills on the stock case (side panel, 2 140mm ports on top, 1 120mm port on back, and added a 120mm intake on the bottom of the case. The last post i did, i had cut out the side panel and added a plexi-glass window with 2 120mm fan ports, used window edge molding to cover the edges and add space between the window and the V8 heat sink (mounted it with double sided tape). I got tired of all the dust that ended up in my case so i changed out the fan grills with steel mesh dust filters on the side panel fans, bottom intake fan, and front intake fan in front of the hard drive. I also added a high cfm turbine on the top of the dvd drive I just painted. I taped off the back and side of the drive, cut out the flames and painted it. The red is reactive with the UV leds' that are on the spot cooler for the RAM. I also added 2 8 inch corner meteor led lights to the case, their was too much blue before and the bottom of the case looked like the batcave. After all the cuts, i re-painted the case in 2 layers of lightly textured gloss black. Anybody have any more ideas for me and this case.....i'm out of 'em.

Last edited by a moderator:

urbtree

i want to like this case but its just pushed mine off the front page. a solid 7/10 from me
i never give more than a 7 for air cooling

at least rate min to make me feel better ;-)

System Name Reaper
Processor AMD 8350 @4.8ghz
Motherboard Asus Rog Crosshair V Formula Z
Cooling Custom water cooling
Memory 16gb Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400
Video Card(s) Evga Gtx 970 Ftw X2 in SLI
Storage Samsung evo 250gb ssd(Win10), Crucial 120gb ssd(Win7), WD Caviar black 800gb, Wd Blue 1tb
Display(s) 32' inch Samsung
Case Corsair Obsidian 800D modded
Audio Device(s) Built into Motherboard soundblaster
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 850b2
Mouse EVGA Torq X10 Carbon fiber
Keyboard LOGITECH G910 rgb
Software Win7 ultimate + Win 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Reaper_v3.4/builds/
Thanks guys, I also added 2 new, brighter red leds to the V8, those stock little ones were too dull and hidden. Thinking of upgrading my CPU to the 6 core........don't know how much of a performance gain i'll get with 2 more cores sharing the same 6mb L3 cache as my quad core.