• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Gears of war ultimate and windows 10 issue

fullinfusion

Vanguard Beta Tester
I'm wondering if anybody with the gears of war ultimate edition for Windows 10 have issues with the online part.

I bought the game last week just because it was on sale. All the different modes were available like annex, King of the hill, ect... I mean when you go online and select Xbox live it brings up Social match or competitive mode.

Under the social part there were a bunch of modes like I said above, but yesterday when I got home all I get is 2xp in social, and under competitive had 2xp and 2v2 gnasher ...

So I get home and there were some windows updates. I always check on the updates as I like to keep things well, up to date ;)

I start the game and head over to social match and what used to be there to choose from is now gone. I looked online all over to see if anyone had the same problem but came back empty and going to try my luck here.

Things I've done, looked online and on the gears forums..
Uninstalled the game and even re-installed it to a different location.
Made sure I checked the website for any other patch updates...
Reset the modem and router.

Nothing worked so I pulled out the image card and wiped the ssd and loaded the image I created last week after I installed and got the game running and playing like a charm..

So that narrows down any Windows updates issues because with the older image it didn't get the updates and I didn't check or install any updates...I went Straight to the game and I see the same dam thing, nothing...

So now I'm here asking the gaming pro's what the hell is going on? Is it their server having issues or what do you all think that's going on.

Last edited:

fullinfusion

Vanguard Beta Tester
Just got home and uploaded a few pix to help make sence of what I'm getting at...

I fired up the game and still having this issue, have they just taken out the remaining options from their server or?

This is what I got last weekend, I had to take a picture of the xbone to show all the other options to play.

Last edited: