- Sep 11, 2009
- 2,680 (0.88/day)
- Reaching your left retina.
For anyone else...they don't need GTX580. Seriously...a 480 is more than enough power, for anyone with a single monitor.
due to amd chips being cheaper to produce, amd can lower prices more, and still make some profit.
Fact is that a smaller chip costs less than a big chip when everything else is equal.
But that's not the end of it. There's far too many things we dont' know and have as much effect on profitability.
- How much does AMD pay per waffer and how much Nvdia, considering Nvidia buys 2x the ammount of waffers and is not going to flee to GloFo as soon as GloFo is ready?
- Chip price is only a fraction of what a card costs. How much does it cost Nvidia to make the cards and how much AMD?
- AMD's ability to make smaller chips is based on much more $$ put into that R&D department than NVidia. How much?
- How much does it cost Nvidia and AMD to operate as a company?