1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

GELID Solutions GC-2 Thermal Compound

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by Pinchy, Jul 16, 2009.

1. Pinchy New Member

Thanks Received:
    The new GC-2 thermal compound by GELID Solutions is unique from its competition. It comes in a large 7 gram container and is priced the same as competitors' 3.5 gram products. Its thermal conductivity is excellent and an included applicator tops this product off.

To read this review go to: https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Gelid_Solutions/GC-2/

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 26, 2016
    10 Year Member at TPU
  2. ShogoXT

ShogoXT New Member

Thanks Received:
    How long do you think this stuff lasts? I was playing crysis yesterday and the temps on my crossfired 4890s went way up. I wonder if its worth it to get this or the extreme kind and repaste my CPU and both video cards?

3. Pinchy New Member

Thanks Received:
    It does last a while. For eg, you wont be needing to REpaste your stuff for aaaages.

If you are only going to paste your two graphics card, maybe your CPU, I would get the extreme. If you want to paste it all, then have a lot left over for future, get this stuff. At the end of the day there isnt a massive difference between the two temperature wise, BUT you are getting double the amount of GC-2 for almost half the price of the GC-Extreme.

10 Year Member at TPU
  4. SK-1

Thanks Received:
    10 Year Member at TPU
  5. t77snapshot

t77snapshot

Thanks Received:
    Crunching for Team TPU