• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

General Cryptocoin Discussion

System Name Gamer
Processor AMD Ryzen 3700x
Motherboard AsRock B550 Phantom Gaming ITX/AX
Memory 32GB
Video Card(s) ASRock Radeon RX 6800 XT Phantom Gaming D
Case Phanteks Eclipse P200A D-RGB
Power Supply 800w CM
Mouse Corsair M65 Pro
Software Windows 10 Pro
You can indeed, but I do not feel comfortable pointing fingers at random people on the internet and tried to make my point in a more polite manner.

Now that's a statement I can agree with.
Fair enough. When people say "we should do something" to me, that implies that I'm part of some conglomerate, and I must comply with the group.

I'm sure if you've read the thread, you can guess why that's an issue for me lol. But my apologies. I can appreciate intent. :toast:

System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
Motherboard GIGABYTE Aorus Elite X670 AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 + A whole lotta Sunon and Corsair Maglev blower fans...
Memory 64GB (4x 16GB) G.Skill Flare X5 @ DDR5-6000 CL30
Video Card(s) XFX RX 7900 XTX Speedster Merc 310
Storage 2x Crucial P5 Plus 2TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSDs
Display(s) 55" LG 55" B9 OLED 4K Display
Case Thermaltake Core X31
Audio Device(s) TOSLINK->Schiit Modi MB->Asgard 2 DAC Amp->AKG Pro K712 Headphones or HDMI->B9 OLED
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti Pro 850W
Mouse Logitech G305 Lightspeed Wireless
Keyboard WASD Code v3 with Cherry Green keyswitches + PBT DS keycaps
Software Gentoo Linux x64
Lower energy usage than bank offices and branches: may be true, but 1. blockchain calculations consume way more energy than bank transactions
This does not neccasarily have to be true. It's more a design limitation of PoW coins like bitcoin. As more PoS coins come out, I see this not being an issue at all.

Well, Nvidia thinks the gaming GPUs are meant for gaming. Have a look at their site. There is no mention of mining at all. Just saying........

I do, too. That's not an arguement against crypto in general.

System Name Nebulon-B Mk. 4
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard MSi PRO B650M-A WiFi
Cooling be quiet! Dark Rock 4
Memory 2x 24 GB Corsair Vengeance EXPO DDR5-6000
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 7800 XT
Storage 2 TB Corsair MP600 GS, 2 TB Corsair MP600 R2, 4 + 8 TB Seagate Barracuda 3.5"
Display(s) Dell S3422DWG, 7" Waveshare touchscreen
Case Kolink Citadel Mesh black
Power Supply Seasonic Prime GX-750
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2S
Keyboard Logitech G413 SE
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Cinebench R23 single-core: 1,800, multi-core: 18,000. Superposition 1080p Extreme: 9,900.
Obviously nothing in this world can be entirely good or bad. I don't think anybody would make that claim about crypto.

You seem to be under the impression that you have to be a computer genius or a financial expert to use crypto... You don't have to mine crypto to use crypto. USING crypto is just as easy as any payment system on your phone (apple pay, android pay, etc.) And there are services that you can actually use crypto on a debit card, both using crypto directly and transferring seamlessly to fiat for places that don't accept crypto. These things are not mainstream yet. Hopefully they eventually will be. But there is no technological barrier to entry. You do not need to mine crypto in order to use crypto.
Cool, I believe you on this. :)

Independence from central banks and governments IS the point. Right now, you are dependent on everyone using the same currency as you. If the US dollar or whatever other currency collapses (and it absolutely can) then your money is worthless unless you act fast and make the switch soon enough yourself. See how that works? Fiat currencies are based on trust just as much as crypto, it's just WHO you trust that changes. Fiat, the trust is in governments. Crypto, trust is in the masses. I get it if you choose to trust governments more, but do not pretend that it's somehow different. It's exactly the same. Yes, crypto is generally far more volatile NOW. The hope is that that is not the case in the future, and it is changing. BTC has been pretty much as stable as the stock market in general for a couple of years now. Hopefully that track record can continue, and eventually reach stability parity with a fiat currency.
There's far less chance of the US dollar collapsing than any crypto currency. Trust in a central government's money that has been there for hundreds of years is different from trust in the masses who 1. do as they please, 2. aren't usually educated enough to make educated decisions.

Freedom from central banks aids in freedom from other things. It's not a silver bullet, no. Nobody said it was. But considering EVERYTHING is about money, including politics, it makes sense that wresting control of the money supply away from centralized government creates a more free environment. You are INHERENTLY more free by using crypto, because the money you are using is not controlled by a centralized government. I realize this sort of thing isn't on many peoples' minds... for some of us, it's very important. Continue to live in your cage if you wish, I say, but don't hinder me in my quest to break free.

I don't understand your bizarre idea that crypto will make nobody bake bread and deliver it to supermarkets. The only thing I can guess here is that you have a fundamental misunderstanding of what we're doing here. You do not have to mine crypto in order to use crypto, and if crypto replaced the world's currencies, there would still be people who bake bread and deliver it to supermarkets... they'd just get paid in crypto instead of dollar and pounds. Nobody is expecting everybody to be a crypto miner. That's silly, and I'm not sure why you'd even bring it up.
I continue "living in my cage" because I get my salary in British pounds, not crypto. That's my point with the example, and it's not gonna change. Companies are not going to swap for a currency that is not backed by a central bank, and can't be traced by them for taxation purposes and whatnot. The guy who delivers your groceries to the supermarket will never be paid in crypto. The government simply won't allow that. I'm sure you feel a lot more free mining and trading in crypto, but somebody has to work normal jobs for normal money, and pay taxes, healthcare, pension, etc. you know.

I'm not going to continue to argue the gamer vs miner thing after this point. Buying a graphics card that I have a right to buy is not aggression. You may THINK it harms you, but it doesn't, because you don't have a right to the card in the first place. When I buy a graphics card to mine with, I have made a consensual transaction with the graphics card seller to purchase it for my own purposes. YOU do not have a right to intervene in that transaction, no matter what you think. You may not like it, but there are lots of things you probably don't like. In fact, there are lots of things I don't like. I don't like being forced under threat of violence to pay taxes that go to building bombs to murder children in Afghanistan, for instance. But here we are. It is my prerogative to say F* the government , and crypto doesn't depend on your liking that. Again, I'm trying to be educational here, but if you reject the base assumption, there's nothing I can do about that, and I'm wasting my time.
So technically, you're telling me what I have the right to buy and what I don't, meaning you buy whatever you want and as many as you want, and it is my obligation to be happy with the leftovers (if there's anything left at all). That's the exact opposite of non-aggression as I see it. I wonder if your statement would change if it was about food, for example.

System Name Gamer
Processor AMD Ryzen 3700x
Motherboard AsRock B550 Phantom Gaming ITX/AX
Memory 32GB
Video Card(s) ASRock Radeon RX 6800 XT Phantom Gaming D
Case Phanteks Eclipse P200A D-RGB
Power Supply 800w CM
Mouse Corsair M65 Pro
Software Windows 10 Pro
Cool, I believe you on this. :)
Good!
:toast:
There's far less chance of the US dollar collapsing than any crypto currency. Trust in a central government's money that has been there for hundreds of years is different from trust in the masses who 1. do as they please, 2. aren't usually educated enough to make educated decisions.
That's fine. I agree that it's less likely to collapse. I also believe it's morally reprehensible to perpetuate such a murderous institution if there are other alternatives possible, but that' just me. You're free to continue trusting whom you wish. :toast:

I continue "living in my cage" because I get my salary in British pounds, not crypto. That's my point with the example, and it's not gonna change. Companies are not going to swap for a currency that is not backed by a central bank, and can't be traced by them for taxation purposes and whatnot. The guy who delivers your groceries to the supermarket will never be paid in crypto. The government simply won't allow that. I'm sure you feel a lot more free mining and trading in crypto, but somebody has to work normal jobs for normal money, and pay taxes, healthcare, pension, etc. you know.
First, I didn't mean to offend with the "live in your cage" comment, that wasn't directed at you personally, but in the royal sense. That being said, you are wrong. You can buy computer equipment with crypto on newegg right now (and even get a lower price for doing so!) There is literally a bitcoin ATM in my small town shopping mall where you can exchange for USD, and vice versa. Microsoft accepts bitcoin. Paypal. Overstock.com. Whole Foods. Etsy. Starbucks. Home Depot. Twitch. All of these companies accept BTC.

As for paying people in crypto, and the government not allowing it... That's the point. If the infrastructure gets big enough, government will not be able to stop it. That's the power of a distributed system. It cannot be shut down. There are plenty of things that government can do to hinder crypto, as long as a transfer to fiat is required to perform day to day operations. Once that is not the case, there will be nothing government can do to stop it. And that's the goal. I never said we were there yet, simply that that's the goal.

I work a normal job. I'm a software QA Automation Engineer. I'm not really sure why you think that that makes any difference.

So technically, you're telling me what I have the right to buy and what I don't, meaning you buy whatever you want and as many as you want, and it is my obligation to be happy with the leftovers (if there's anything left at all). That's the exact opposite of non-aggression as I see it. I wonder if your statement would change if it was about food, for example.
Negative. If you get the card first, and make such a consensual transaction with the card manufacturer or seller, then I have no right to intervene in that transaction either. It is not my fault that graphics card makers cannot keep up with the demand, nor is it my responsibility to make sure that you get one before me. You can't get a graphics card because you either haven't put in the work that I have to find one, or you weren't willing to pay the premium of supply/demand, and I am. If you were or did one of those two things, and did them better than the next guy, you'd have a shiny new graphics card. It's not the next guy's responsibility to make sure you get a graphics card. If you wish to discuss non-aggression, then you need to read that Wikipedia page I posted and truly understand it. Because chances are, your ideas of what "aggression" means are not what it truly means.

No, my feelings and by proxy my statement about the subject would not change if it were food. I have cultivated (pun intended) the ability to fend for myself in such situations. I suggest everyone else do the same, because there is nothing but a vague promise from the guys with all the guns, that they won't do exactly that to you and your food supply.

Processor i7 7700k
Motherboard MSI Z270 SLI Plus
Cooling CM Hyper 212 EVO
Memory 2 x 8 GB Corsair Vengeance
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2070 Super
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB and WD Black 4TB
Display(s) Dell 27 inch 1440p 144 Hz
Case Corsair Obsidian 750D Airflow Edition
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply EVGA SuperNova 850 W Gold
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Logitech G105
Software Windows 10
This does not neccasarily have to be true. It's more a design limitation of PoW coins like bitcoin. As more PoS coins come out, I see this not being an issue at all.

I do, too. That's not an arguement against crypto in general.

That was intended to all of the comments that GPUs aren't intended for gamers only.

System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
Audio Device(s) TOSLINK->Schiit Modi MB->Asgard 2 DAC Amp->AKG Pro K712 Headphones or HDMI->B9 OLED
That was intended to all of the comments that GPUs aren't intended for gamers only.
Gotcha. Missed the comment stream.

System Name Nebulon-B Mk. 4
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard MSi PRO B650M-A WiFi
Cooling be quiet! Dark Rock 4
Memory 2x 24 GB Corsair Vengeance EXPO DDR5-6000
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 7800 XT
Storage 2 TB Corsair MP600 GS, 2 TB Corsair MP600 R2, 4 + 8 TB Seagate Barracuda 3.5"
Display(s) Dell S3422DWG, 7" Waveshare touchscreen
Case Kolink Citadel Mesh black
Power Supply Seasonic Prime GX-750
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2S
Keyboard Logitech G413 SE
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Cinebench R23 single-core: 1,800, multi-core: 18,000. Superposition 1080p Extreme: 9,900.
That's fine. I agree that it's less likely to collapse. I also believe it's morally reprehensible to perpetuate such a murderous institution if there are other alternatives possible, but that' just me. You're free to continue trusting whom you wish. :toast:
There's absolute zero chance I can earn my living in crypto, so it isn't really a question of trust, is it? Besides, I have no say in what those murderous institutions do with the taxes I pay, and I similarly have no say in what other members of the crypto market do with their money, so... :toast:

First, I didn't mean to offend with the "live in your cage" comment, that wasn't directed at you personally, but in the royal sense. That being said, you are wrong. You can buy computer equipment with crypto on newegg right now (and even get a lower price for doing so!) There is literally a bitcoin ATM in my small town shopping mall where you can exchange for USD, and vice versa. Microsoft accepts bitcoin. Paypal. Overstock.com. Whole Foods. Etsy. Starbucks. Home Depot. Twitch. All of these companies accept BTC.
No offense taken. :) Mostly every sentence starting with "you" means a general you on an online forum.

Are you talking about the USA? Financing and politics in Europe are a lot more centralised. Here in the UK for example, there is literally nothing you can do with your BTC or any other crypto coin without converting it into British pounds first. So I'm not wrong, just talking from a different perspective. ;)

Besides, if those companies accept BTC, then they are a part and decisive factor in the crypto economy as well, so technically, you're also trusting them when you trust crypto. And the way they treat their employees isn't usually better than what governments do in general (speaking about murderous institutions).

As for paying people in crypto, and the government not allowing it... That's the point. If the infrastructure gets big enough, government will not be able to stop it. That's the power of a distributed system. It cannot be shut down. There are plenty of things that government can do to hinder crypto, as long as a transfer to fiat is required to perform day to day operations. Once that is not the case, there will be nothing government can do to stop it. And that's the goal. I never said we were there yet, simply that that's the goal.

I work a normal job. I'm a software QA Automation Engineer. I'm not really sure why you think that that makes any difference.
And I work as a warehouse trainer at one of the country's largest logistics firms. As I mentioned, I see no chance my company could ever pay me in something other than GPB. There are strict employment and taxation laws they have to adhere to. They can't go like "nah, we'll just skip the tax BS and pay everybody in BTC". There's also public healthcare here (known as national insurance, or NI) which is deducted from everybody's wage. Same with state pension. These are all controlled by the government. How are you going to pay for these if you're not using the government's money? Do you think companies focused on constant economic growth and compliance are going to bother with conversions from a highly volatile currency? Wouldn't make any sense.

Negative. If you get the card first, and make such a consensual transaction with the card manufacturer or seller, then I have no right to intervene in that transaction either. It is not my fault that graphics card makers cannot keep up with the demand, nor is it my responsibility to make sure that you get one before me. You can't get a graphics card because you either haven't put in the work that I have to find one, or you weren't willing to pay the premium of supply/demand, and I am. If you were or did one of those two things, and did them better than the next guy, you'd have a shiny new graphics card. It's not the next guy's responsibility to make sure you get a graphics card. If you wish to discuss non-aggression, then you need to read that Wikipedia page I posted and truly understand it. Because chances are, your ideas of what "aggression" means are not what it truly means.

No, my feelings and by proxy my statement about the subject would not change if it were food. I have cultivated (pun intended) the ability to fend for myself in such situations. I suggest everyone else do the same, because there is nothing but a vague promise from the guys with all the guns, that they won't do exactly that to you and your food supply.
You're right about one thing: it's not your responsibility to make sure I can get a graphics card. But the thing is, some people have been buying them up by hundreds, and that doesn't by far qualify as normal use. They could easily do with fewer, but they choose not to. With the food analogy, they would buy everything up from supermarkets, and not even bat an eye that so many people are starving. It's called greed, which is aggressive by nature. Turning back to the previous topic of who you trust, how is an economic system controlled by selfish, greedy people morally more acceptable than one that's controlled by equally selfish and greedy people but is a lot more stable?

About the food cultivation thing: Having a (not extremely well-paid) full time job, and living in a flat in a relatively busy small town is the sure recipe for not having the time, resource and infrastructure for such things. I wasn't born a farmer, and never intended to be one. Not to mention giving up my life and taking on farming (which I don't find particularly desirable) would also require my girlfriend to give up hers. So all in all: not gonna happen unless absolutely necessary. Another thing is, life is short, and if you spend all of it preparing for the worst, then you never truly live, which is again something I can't and don't want to afford.

I hope all coins turn into PoS eventually, and peace and prosperity will return to PC-lovers' lives.

Last edited:

Lol. Oh yeah, in case you haven't heard, this entire scheme collapsed.

The token was recently changing hands for around $0.000000035, down from Wednesday’s high of $65. The fallout, which has been swift, has brought the project to its knees.

Outback Bronze

Staff member
System Name Raptor Baked
Processor 14900k w.c.
Motherboard Z790 Hero
Cooling w.c.
Memory 32GB Hynix
Video Card(s) Zotac 4080 w.c.
Storage 2TB Kingston kc3k
Display(s) Gigabyte 34" Curved
Case Corsair 460X
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply PCIe5 850w
Mouse Asus
Keyboard Corsair
Software Win 11
Benchmark Scores Cool n Quiet.
Hedge funds bought deep into Bitcoin and crypto, that spells trouble and chance of fair play non existent.
Be wary be scared, don't go in with any amount that you will miss cause you probably will.

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
There's absolute zero chance I can earn my living in crypto, so it isn't really a question of trust, is it? Besides, I have no say in what those murderous institutions do with the taxes I pay, and I similarly have no say in what other members of the crypto market do with their money, so... :toast:

No offense taken. :) Mostly every sentence starting with "you" means a general you on an online forum.

Are you talking about the USA? Financing and politics in Europe are a lot more centralised. Here in the UK for example, there is literally nothing you can do with your BTC or any other crypto coin without converting it into British pounds first. So I'm not wrong, just talking from a different perspective. ;)

Besides, if those companies accept BTC, then they are a part and decisive factor in the crypto economy as well, so technically, you're also trusting them when you trust crypto. And the way they treat their employees isn't usually better than what governments do in general (speaking about murderous institutions).

And I work as a warehouse trainer at one of the country's largest logistics firms. As I mentioned, I see no chance my company could ever pay me in something other than GPB. There are strict employment and taxation laws they have to adhere to. They can't go like "nah, we'll just skip the tax BS and pay everybody in BTC". There's also public healthcare here (known as national insurance, or NI) which is deducted from everybody's wage. Same with state pension. These are all controlled by the government. How are you going to pay for these if you're not using the government's money? Do you think companies focused on constant economic growth and compliance are going to bother with conversions from a highly volatile currency? Wouldn't make any sense.

You're right about one thing: it's not your responsibility to make sure I can get a graphics card. But the thing is, some people have been buying them up by hundreds, and that doesn't by far qualify as normal use. They could easily do with fewer, but they choose not to. With the food analogy, they would buy everything up from supermarkets, and not even bat an eye that so many people are starving. It's called greed, which is aggressive by nature. Turning back to the previous topic of who you trust, how is an economic system controlled by selfish, greedy people morally more acceptable than one that's controlled by equally selfish and greedy people but is a lot more stable?

About the food cultivation thing: Having a (not extremely well-paid) full time job, and living in a flat in a relatively busy small town is the sure recipe for not having the time, resource and infrastructure for such things. I wasn't born a farmer, and never intended to be one. Not to mention giving up my life and taking on farming (which I don't find particularly desirable) would also require my girlfriend to give up hers. So all in all: not gonna happen unless absolutely necessary. Another thing is, life is short, and if you spend all of it preparing for the worst, then you never truly live, which is again something I can't and don't want to afford.

I hope all coins turn into PoS eventually, and peace and prosperity will return to PC-lovers' lives.

PoS indeed but it has yet to be seen how that will work out exactly; the metric for transaction cost really does not change; its still a variable fee so markets will keep moving and might even remain volatile. When it gets stable enough, it will also have to remain there for a significant amount of time and meanwhile tons of speculating players could do little else but sit and wait... or launch more and more alt coin concepts to keep moving... which introduces volatility once more.

Interesting times.

Positive news in China: https://www.benzinga.com/markets/cr...at-miners-clean-energy-usage-exceeds-50-in-ch

Funny how people are saying its banned in China. I'd say the word restricted comes to mind instead.

We could argue every ban is a restriction; the net effect is the same: the regular economy and administration will not want it. Black and grey markets will exist anyway as they always have...

Processor Xeon x5650
Motherboard SABERTOOTH X58
Cooling Fans
Memory 24 GB Kingston HyperX 1600
Video Card(s) GTX 1060 3GB
Storage small ssd
Display(s) Dell 2001F, BenQ short throw
Case Lian Li
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply X750
Software Mint 19.3, Win 10
Benchmark Scores not so fast...
While doing research to see if I can break into Chia plotting and farming, I was told by my finacial advisor that I cannot, per non-compete and securities clauses. I also found out a real estate title company in our area uses blockchain to prove its work.

System Name Office
Processor Ryzen 5600G
Motherboard ASUS B450M-A II
Cooling be quiet! Shadow Rock LP
Memory 16GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4-3200
Video Card(s) Gigabyte RX 5600 XT
Storage PNY CS1030 250GB, Crucial MX500 2TB
Display(s) Dell S2719DGF
Case Fractal Define 7 Compact
Power Supply EVGA 550 G3
Mouse Logitech M705 Marthon
Keyboard Logitech G410
Software Windows 10 Pro 22H2
While doing research to see if I can break into Chia plotting and farming, I was told by my finacial advisor that I cannot, per non-compete and securities clauses. I also found out a real estate title company in our area uses blockchain to prove its work.

Crypto uses blockchain, but blockchain != crypto. Crypto may stick around, or it may not. I think it almost certainly will in some form. But blockchain is for sure here to stay.

Given the high cost of computation blockchain does not have any advantages over the conventional SQL database

MySQL is a layer on top of a flat file system and with MySQL it is also open source InnoDB which provides many advanced features

I studied advanced databases and there is more to the world than blockchain

System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
the metric for transaction cost really does not change;
In energy usage hell yes it does. That is what we were talking about, no?

Given the high cost of computation blockchain does not have any advantages over the conventional SQL database
Too easy to forge a centralized sql record, so there's an advantage for blockchain right off the bat.

Blockchain is also not inherently computationally expensive. It's just a chain of signatures at it's core.

Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Mouse XTRFY M42
Software W10 x64
In energy usage hell yes it does. That is what we were talking about,

Its still measured in gwei, right? It might cost less of it.

System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
Its still measured in gwei, right? It might cost less of it.
Gwei is the ethereum fee for a transaction. We are talking about real world energy cost per transaction.

Manipulation at it's best.
Polkadot, XRP, Solana, Chainlink, Bitcoin Cash, Theta, Ethereum, SHIB, Dogecoin—this is the list of today’s casualties after the global market capitalization of cryptocurrencies lost $80 billion overnight, dropping from $1.6 trillion to $1.52 trillion.
It's only a loss if you sell now. I'm certainly not counting it as a loss yet.

System Name money pit..
Processor Intel 9900K 4.8 at 1.152 core voltage minus 0.120 offset
Motherboard Asus rog Strix Z370-F Gaming
Cooling Dark Rock TF air cooler.. Stock vga air coolers with case side fans to help cooling..
Memory 32 gb corsair vengeance 3200
Video Card(s) Palit Gaming Pro OC 2080TI
Storage 150 nvme boot drive partition.. 1T Sandisk sata.. 1T Transend sata.. 1T 970 evo nvme m 2..
Display(s) 27" Asus PG279Q ROG Swift 165Hrz Nvidia G-Sync, IPS.. 2560x1440..
Case Gigabyte mid-tower.. cheap and nothing special..
Audio Device(s) onboard sounds with stereo amp..
Power Supply EVGA 850 watt..
Mouse Logitech G700s
Keyboard Logitech K270
Software Win 10 pro..
Benchmark Scores Firestike 29500.. timepsy 14000..
futures are pointing to more red ink suggesting a rebalancing in the broader market as bond yields bumped up

System Name money pit..
Processor Intel 9900K 4.8 at 1.152 core voltage minus 0.120 offset
Motherboard Asus rog Strix Z370-F Gaming
Cooling Dark Rock TF air cooler.. Stock vga air coolers with case side fans to help cooling..
Memory 32 gb corsair vengeance 3200
Video Card(s) Palit Gaming Pro OC 2080TI
Storage 150 nvme boot drive partition.. 1T Sandisk sata.. 1T Transend sata.. 1T 970 evo nvme m 2..
Display(s) 27" Asus PG279Q ROG Swift 165Hrz Nvidia G-Sync, IPS.. 2560x1440..
Case Gigabyte mid-tower.. cheap and nothing special..
Audio Device(s) onboard sounds with stereo amp..
Power Supply EVGA 850 watt..
Mouse Logitech G700s
Keyboard Logitech K270
Software Win 10 pro..
Benchmark Scores Firestike 29500.. timepsy 14000..
well its monday morning in euroland.. no big sell offs as yet but the US markets have not opened yet.. he he

bitcoin and eth have taken another little dive and gold has gone up a bit..

i await the end of the day.. :)

trog

Mouse XTRFY M42
Software W10 x64
Gwei is the ethereum fee for a transaction. We are talking about real world energy cost per transaction.
I wasn't. I was talking about the metric used to determine the cost of a transaction. Whether proof-of-work or proof-of-stake, the cost is measured in Gwei. That is what will keep Ethereum afloat as a usable currency to fulfill its smart contracts. Not the real world energy cost - that is just what's behind the cost in Gwei and has many factors that impact it: such as global energy overproduction which is a constant fact that may change in the future as power grids get more dynamic (it is happening even just because of coal shutting down - and it means less waste = higher price for energy as there is less of it), the price per kwh per region, where farms are situated in relation to that, etc etc etc. Note that we're amidst an energy transition here where higher cost to produce equals better because less carbon dioxide. All of those factors are margins of order bigger and less elastic than crypto.

Its an important difference I think, because Gwei is effectively an abstraction layer that could be used to dampen market effects, or amplify them. The architects of ETH decide, really, and they will nudge it in a favorable path until they can't do so anymore.

Remember that the end goal is not lower transaction cost, but the idea that the cost is negligible to the end user. Nobody wants to pay more commission than they do towards banks for their services, it directly kills any viability of crypto for its proposed goal for anyone intending to elevate crypto to a real transaction system in the real world. And that, but that's another point of interest, is the final banhammer the fiat currencies truly have, and are actively working at: make payment and transaction so easy and hide the cost so well, that any alternative is not marketable to begin with. You'd think a distributed network could make do with less than banks could, but it hasn't managed to do so, just yet.

Last edited:
Low quality post by sepheronx
System Name PCGR
Processor 12400f
Motherboard Asus ROG STRIX B660-I
Cooling Stock Intel Cooler
Memory 2x16GB DDR5 5600 Corsair
Video Card(s) Dell RTX 3080
Storage 1x 512GB Mmoment PCIe 3 NVME 1x 2TB Corsair S70
Display(s) LG 32" 1440p
Case Phanteks Evolve itx
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply 750W Cooler Master sfx
Software Windows 11
we have a bot ladies and gents

the54thvoid

Intoxicated Moderator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard MSI MAG Mortar B650 (wifi)
Cooling be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4
Memory 32GB Kingston Fury
Video Card(s) Gainward RTX4070ti
Storage Seagate FireCuda 530 M.2 1TB / Samsumg 960 Pro M.2 512Gb
Display(s) LG 32" 165Hz 1440p GSYNC
Case Asus Prime AP201
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply be quiet! Pure POwer M12 850w Gold (ATX3.0)
Software W10
Spam removed.

well its monday morning in euroland.. no big sell offs as yet but the US markets have not opened yet.. he he

bitcoin and eth have taken another little dive and gold has gone up a bit..

i await the end of the day.. :)

trog

There's virtually no correlation between Bonds, Stocks, and BTC. That's true in the up direction, as well in the down direction.

Case in point: BTC is down today, but S&P500 is up by 1.5%.