1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

General Question ?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by zOaib, Jun 6, 2006.

1. zOaib New Member

Thanks Received:
    i think this was the only place i could put this question up for experimentation , so here it is
    where i work we have a network setup , and a very big one too , however i have good privelages on using the internet , and can also download stuff aswell , and even install most of the stuff if i wanted to , but for some reason when i would dlaod the guild wars client , it will install but when it says "Connecting to Arenanet" the bar goes fast then slows , slows , slows to a complete stop and it sits there for ever , so what could possibly be interfering with the connection , just curious , thx

10 Year Member at TPU
  2. DanTheBanjoman SeƱor Moderator

Thanks Received:
    Firewall?

10 Year Member at TPU
  3. zOaib New Member

Thanks Received:
    thats what i am thinking , since i cant access that ................ i dunno if anyone knows a way aorudn it , LOL ;)

10 Year Member at TPU
  4. Jimmy 2004

Jimmy 2004 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Not sure if using a proxy could get past it but I don't know about those so don't ask!

Edit: You could try making friends with the techs where you work and maybe ask for access to play Guild Wars?

10 Year Member at TPU