• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Getting favourites from firefox

Stonesour767

Processor Intel Core i5 CPU 750 @ 4.0Ghz
Motherboard ASUS P7P55D PRO
Cooling 4x120mm 1x200mm
Memory Corsair Dominator DDR3 1600Mhz 4096MB RAM
Video Card(s) XFX Radeon HD4870 1024Mb
Storage SATA 320Gb SATA 500GB
Display(s) belinea 20"
Case Antec 900
Audio Device(s) Creative X-FI Titanium
Power Supply Corsair TX750w
Software Windows 7 Home premium 64bit
right, been having a few problems with 7 tonight, new OS that i've gotta learn! for some reason my cd key wont work. Any way to the problem. I, as of many of you use mozilla firefox, now the question is, how do i get my favourites from one computer to another. i pretty much copied the whole of the mozilla firefox folder over cause i couldnt find anything to do with favourites. Basically i want all of my favourites onto my new machine. how do i go about doing that?

Stonesour767

Processor Intel Core i5 CPU 750 @ 4.0Ghz
Motherboard ASUS P7P55D PRO
Cooling 4x120mm 1x200mm
Memory Corsair Dominator DDR3 1600Mhz 4096MB RAM
Video Card(s) XFX Radeon HD4870 1024Mb
Storage SATA 320Gb SATA 500GB
Display(s) belinea 20"
Case Antec 900
Audio Device(s) Creative X-FI Titanium
Power Supply Corsair TX750w
Software Windows 7 Home premium 64bit
now my microphone isnt working : (

System Name Build 1
Processor i5 2500k
Motherboard Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
Cooling Cooler Master 212
Memory Corsair DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) onboard
Power Supply Corsair AX750
Software Windows 7 Professional
Bookmarks > Organize bookmarks > import and backup > backup save to usb etc.

Then to put them on your other computer do the same thing but choose restore and browse for it or it might show up.

Do yourself a favor and start using "Xmarks" extension. Seriously. I was worrying about bookmarks all the freakin time and once i even lost all of them. With Xmarks, everything is constantly synced online. I don't even worry about them anymore because they are always available online on Xmarks webpage or when i re-install Firefox with Xmarks. It's far more safe, convenient and you can even sync bookmarks across several computers. I have netbook and PC that i use depending on where i am in the house and with Xmarks, i always have the latest bookmarks on both system. This thing is so freakin awesome there is no way of using browser without it, once you try this one. One of the major reasons i don't want to use Chrome. Because it has no bookmark sync feature like Firefox or Opera have.

As for the bookmarks, look into this folder:
C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\SOME.RANDOM.NUMBERS.default

This is for Win7, but it should be similar for Vista too.