• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

getting screenshots on my phone...

System Name Komputor
Processor 2500k
Motherboard p5b d
Cooling stock
Memory 8gigs ddr 1600
Video Card(s) Asus Turbo GTX 970 4 gig
Storage sata II 500 gig
Display(s) 30inch Dell ultrasharp
Case Haf 922
Audio Device(s) Auzentech X-Fi Prelude
Power Supply 600w OCZ stealthxtream
Mouse Razer Death Adder
Keyboard Logitech G15
Software Win 7 home premium 64 bit.
Hey guys, just wondering if anyone has any slick solutions for getting my screenshot the moment I take it uploaded to my phone. Ive set up drop box but it seems like it doesnt always work. I like to show buds my screegrabs at work and I dont want to "take a picture" of my screen with my phone to do that.

Any ideas? maybe a good app to create ...wink wink.....

System Name Ryzen 2023
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7700
Motherboard Asrock B650E Steel Legend Wifi
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory G Skill Flare X5 2x16gb cl32@6000 MHz
Video Card(s) Sapphire Radeon RX 6950 XT Nitro + gaming Oc
Storage WESTERN DIGITAL 1TB 64MB 7k SATA600 Blue WD10EZEX, WD Black SN850X 1Tb nvme
Display(s) LG 27GP850P-B
Case Corsair 5000D airflow tempered glass
Power Supply Seasonic Prime GX-850W
Mouse A4Tech V7M bloody
Keyboard Genius KB-G255
Software Windows 10 64bit
I'm not sure what you mean but on the samsung phones you can usually take screenshots by swiping your hand from left to right.
The picture below shows it from right to left but you can try both ways.

System Name HP Omen 17
Processor i7 7700HQ
Memory 16GB 2400Mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) GTX 1060
Storage Samsung SM961 256GB + HGST 1TB
Display(s) 1080p IPS G-SYNC 75Hz
Audio Device(s) Bang & Olufsen
Power Supply 230W
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD+
Software Win 10 Pro
Hey guys, just wondering if anyone has any slick solutions for getting my screenshot the moment I take it uploaded to my phone. Ive set up drop box but it seems like it doesnt always work. I like to show buds my screegrabs at work and I dont want to "take a picture" of my screen with my phone to do that.

I just have a button on my homescreen that "refreshes" dropbox. The second I press that it immediately syncs my PC Dropbox Screenshots folder to my phone. The automatic sync usually does the job fine though, just takes a few minutes.

EDIT: Moved to phones subforum because... well it's not games.

Last edited:
I think that, you do not use drop box for screen picture. You can use your phone memory or SD card memory. That's are automatically sync with phone configuration.
So its work properly that's you want.

System Name Ultraman
Processor Intel core i9 13900HK
Motherboard Alienware/Dell inverted motherboard
Cooling Alienware/Dell cooling solution + IETS GT500 cooling pad
Memory Alienware/Dell 32GB 6000mhz DDR5
Video Card(s) Nvidia RTX4080 12GB
Storage 1TB Dell supplied NVME + Samsung Evo 1TB NVME
Display(s) AOC Gaming CU34G3S/BK
Case Alienware X16
Audio Device(s) onboard/Speakers: Logitech G560
Power Supply Alienware/Dell battery + 330W charger
Mouse Microsoft Pro Intellimouse - White
Keyboard Ducky One2 SF White MX cherry Red
Software Windows 11
To take screenshots on most android phone you can simply hold home button+power button together,for syncing them to your dropbox i believe other people can answer your question.

etech7

On the Iphone you simply click the home circular button and lock button at the same time and a screen shot will automatically appear in your photo album.

Brian Simmons

Sounds like you're talking about taking a screen shot on your PC/Mac and then accessing it with your phone. If you've got a DropBox account that you can access with your mobile device and desktop/laptop it should work just fine. The reason why it doesn't appear to work "every time" is probably just because the syncing is delayed. You should be able to do it manually which will get it to pop up.

In most of the samsung phones, you can take a screenshot by simply holding the power and home button simultaneously at the same time. I assume you want the phone to take screenshot just when you upload a pic on Dropbox or am I not getting it clear?