• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Ghost Recon Alfa movie comedy

They release a movie for the game launch, and I started watching it.
In the first 10 seconds I already had to laugh 2, 3 times. More comic scenes will follow for sure. Write your own findings!

Ridiculous events:

1) a local man drives a stranger ...right into a forbidden Russian base without questioning anything but... ?You're not a local huh?'... haha

2) Then a superhidden sniper with weeds on his head watches movements in the valley, and then... takes his camouflage weeds off... to look at his watch!!!! haha

Movie is here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TGN...n-future-soldier-prequel-movie&has_verified=1

HOHOHOHO!!!! I am pissing myself.... Later the enemy leader appears dressed in russian combat suit but with a large black coat over it!!!!! Anyone remembers the 'coat gang' or whatever was involved in school shootings in the US some years ago? For sure the movie is written by some clever social engineers....

lyndonguitar

I play games
System Name X6 | Lyndon-ROG
Processor Intel Core i7-8700k | Intel Core i7 6700HQ
Motherboard Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 5 | Asus ROG-GL552VX
Cooling Deepcool Captain 240EX
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LED | 8 GB
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GTX 1080 8 GB GDDR5X | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950M 4GB
Storage SSDs: 500GB, HDDs: 2TB, 2TB, 3TB | SSD: 250GB, HDD: 1TB
Display(s) Samsung 49" CHG90 3840x1080@144Hz, Panasonic 32" HDTV, | 15.6"1080p
Case Cougar Panzer Max
Audio Device(s) HyperX Cloud II | Corsair Gaming H1500 7.1 | ROCCAT Kave 5.1 | Edifier M3200
Power Supply EVGA 750GQ
Mouse Logitech G403 | Razer Deathadder Chroma | Logitech G302 | Mad Catz Cyborg R.A.T. 5
Keyboard Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Red
Software Windows 10
I watched it. It was awesome. but I didn't find it funny

Not even the 'dancing' (and then diving) mechwarrior? :)

Processor AMD Ryzen 5 7600
Motherboard Gigabyte B650 Aorus Elite AX
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE
Memory Kingston Fury Beast DDR5-5600 16GBx2
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Gaming OC AMD Radeon RX 7800 XT 16GB
Storage TEAMGROUP T-Force Z440 2TB, SPower A60 2TB, SPower A55 2TB, Seagate 4TBx2, Samsung 870 2TB
Display(s) AOC 24G2 + Xitrix WFP-2415
Case Montech Air X
Audio Device(s) Realtek onboard
Power Supply Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 FM 750W 80+ Gold
Mouse Logitech G304
Keyboard Redragon K557 KAIA RGB Mechanical Keyboard
Software Windows 10
The only good thing left for Ubisoft is that they make good mini-movies. Well specifically they get a good studio, staff, director, etc. to make a good mini-movie for their games. An earlier one would be AC2.

System Name Space Station
Processor Intel 13700K
Motherboard ASRock Z790 PG Riptide
Cooling Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420
Memory Corsair Vengeance 6400 2x16GB @ CL34
Video Card(s) PNY RTX 4080
Storage SSDs - Nextorage 4TB, Samsung EVO 970 500GB, Plextor M5Pro 128GB, HDDs - WD Black 6TB, 2x 1TB
Display(s) LG C3 OLED 42"
Case Corsair 7000D Airflow
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V371
Power Supply SeaSonic Vertex 1200w Gold
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3
Keyboard Bloody B840-LK
Software Windows 11 Pro 23H2
You're so obsessed with nit picking about every little thing in this movie, all of which aren't even valid nit picks, yet you're late to the party about the blonde bimbo? The Coco video came out well before the Alpha one. I can see nit picking about blonde bimbos and rappers for squad AI, and 1001 ways to customize your weapon, but all your comments on the movie are nonsense really. Someone's got an I-have-to-bitch-about-everything-Ubi-does complex.

First off, that a local truck driver is given access to the area doesn't necessarily mean it's a base they regularly use. It could just be a spot chosen by black market thugs, an operation which those patrolling the roads may not even know about, let alone the truck driver. Point being the security lies in the patrol that was killed, not the driver himself.

Second, educate yourself so you at least know what a camo suit designed to look like foliage is called. It's a Ghillie suit for Christ sake, invented by the Scotts. They're also very effective, but that doesn't mean the guy you were referring to needed to keep the hood on even after that vehicle patrol had gone around the bend and out of view.

Third, the type of clothing you're referring to is commonly used in stories with dystopian themes, and not unusual given it's based on Tom Clancy's writings. The only "social engineering" here seems to be your obsession with assumptions and exaggerations to influence forum members.

Fourth, a mech like that, if such a thing could be built in the near future, would be quite useful. It's long pointy legs could traverse very rough terrain, while folding them up and rolling on wheels would make it fast on smoother terrain. It also didn't dance or dive. It poked about slowly on it's legs, switched to wheels and rolled, slid around a corner after transitioning back to it's legs, then was knocked into the water. Somehow to you that makes it Michael Jackson. :rolleyes:

System Name [Daily Driver]
Processor [Ryzen 7 5800X3D]
Motherboard [Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS]
Cooling [be quiet! Dark Rock Slim]
Memory [64GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3600MHz (16GBx4)]
Video Card(s) [PNY RTX 3070Ti XLR8]
Storage [1TB SN850 NVMe, 4TB 990 Pro NVMe, 2TB 870 EVO SSD, 2TB SA510 SSD]
Display(s) [2x 27" HP X27q at 1440p]
Case [Fractal Meshify-C]
Audio Device(s) [Steelseries Arctis Pro]
Power Supply [CORSAIR RMx 1000]
Mouse [Logitech G Pro Wireless]
Keyboard [Logitech G512 Carbon (GX-Brown)]
Software [Windows 11 64-Bit]
You're so obsessed with nit picking about every little thing in this movie, all of which aren't even valid nit picks, yet you're late to the party about the blonde bimbo? The Coco video came out well before the Alpha one. I can see nit picking about blonde bimbos and rappers for squad AI, and 1001 ways to customize your weapon, but all your comments on the movie are nonsense really. Someone's got an I-have-to-bitch-about-everything-Ubi-does complex.

First off, that a local truck driver is given access to the area doesn't necessarily mean it's a base they regularly use. It could just be a spot chosen by black market thugs, an operation which those patrolling the roads may not even know about, let alone the truck driver. Point being the security lies in the patrol that was killed, not the driver himself.

Second, educate yourself so you at least know what a camo suit designed to look like foliage is called. It's a Ghillie suit for Christ sake, invented by the Scotts. They're also very effective, but that doesn't mean the guy you were referring to needed to keep the hood on even after that vehicle patrol had gone around the bend and out of view.

Third, the type of clothing you're referring to is commonly used in stories with dystopian themes, and not unusual given it's based on Tom Clancy's writings. The only "social engineering" here seems to be your obsession with assumptions and exaggerations to influence forum members.

Fourth, a mech like that, if such a thing could be built in the near future, would be quite useful. It's long pointy legs could traverse very rough terrain, while folding them up and rolling on wheels would make it fast on smoother terrain. It also didn't dance or dive. It poked about slowly on it's legs, switched to wheels and rolled, slid around a corner after transitioning back to it's legs, then was knocked into the water. Somehow to you that makes it Michael Jackson. :rolleyes:

This ^^

It was a great short video IMO. You just sound like this thing, perhaps you should google it along with ghillie suit, a troll.

Processor Intel i7-10700k
Motherboard Gigabyte Aurorus Ultra z490
Cooling Corsair H100i RGB
Memory 32GB (4x8GB) Corsair Vengeance DDR4-3200MHz
Video Card(s) MSI Gaming Trio X 3070 LHR
Display(s) ASUS MG278Q / AOC G2590FX
Case Corsair X4000 iCue
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair RM650x 650W Fully Modular
Software Windows 10
Did you really just spell it "Alfa"?

It doesn't matter if the game is amazing, I cannot support Ubisoft for being the worst publisher on Earth.

AsRock

TPU addict
Processor AMD 3900X \ AMD 7700X
Motherboard ASRock AM4 X570 Pro 4 \ ASUS X670Xe TUF
Cooling D15
Memory Patriot 2x16GB PVS432G320C6K \ G.Skill Flare X5 F5-6000J3238F 2x16GB
Video Card(s) eVga GTX1060 SSC \ XFX RX 6950XT RX-695XATBD9
Storage Sammy 860, MX500, Sabrent Rocket 4 Sammy Evo 980 \ 1xSabrent Rocket 4+, Sammy 2x990 Pro
Display(s) Samsung 1080P \ LG 43UN700
Case Fractal Design Pop Air 2x140mm fans from Torrent \ Fractal Design Torrent 2 SilverStone FHP141x2
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V677 \ Yamaha CX-830+Yamaha MX-630 Infinity RS4000\Paradigm P Studio 20, Blue Yeti
Power Supply Seasonic Prime TX-750 \ Corsair RM1000X Shift
Mouse Steelseries Sensei wireless \ Steelseries Sensei wireless
Keyboard Logitech K120 \ Wooting Two HE
Benchmark Scores Meh benchmarks.
It's alright i could think of others things they could do like make a 1/2 decent game..

They get pulled over which turns in a tense moment and suddenly the window is wound down..

To have fun is recommened by the department of public health of most countries, but some are too a.retentive, as we see, to have a laugh.
Frag Maniac, all your questioning of my views is absolutly welcome and healthy but leave your bullshitting at home, it smells. Just in case you didn't know I give a rats ass:
1) how the suit is called
2) about UBI movies, they just can't make me love them. They destroyed 2 series of games (R6 and GR) for the reasons we all know. The job of being their rep is all yours.

Thanks anyway for pointing at perfectly plausible yet different readings of the movie details, of course it is too short to be conclusive.

BTW: nit picking is big part of forums: hardware nit picking, games nit picking, it s the salt and pepper of internet: you know: you can't turn your pc off untill you convinced evrybody on the internet that they are wrong... LOL

Last edited:

MxPhenom 216

ASIC Engineer
System Name Ryzen Reflection
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5900x
Motherboard Gigabyte X570S Aorus Master
Cooling 2x EK PE360 | TechN AM4 AMD Block Black | EK Quantum Vector Trinity GPU Nickel + Plexi
Memory Teamgroup T-Force Xtreem 2x16GB B-Die 3600 @ 14-14-14-28-42-288-2T 1.45v
Video Card(s) Zotac AMP HoloBlack RTX 3080Ti 12G | 950mV 1950Mhz
Storage WD SN850 500GB (OS) | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB (Games_1) | Samsung 970 Evo 1TB (Games_2)
Display(s) Asus XG27AQM 240Hz G-Sync Fast-IPS | Gigabyte M27Q-P 165Hz 1440P IPS | Asus 24" IPS (portrait mode)
Case Lian Li PC-011D XL | Custom cables by Cablemodz
Audio Device(s) FiiO K7 | Sennheiser HD650 + Beyerdynamic FOX Mic
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Ultra Platinum 850
Mouse Razer Viper v2 Pro
Keyboard Razer Huntsman Tournament Edition
Software Windows 11 Pro 64-Bit
Im not sure why you think its a comedy, unless your being sarcastic or trolling. But i thought this clip was pretty bad ass, and actually made me excited for the game.

To have fun is recommened by the department of public health of most countries, but some are too a.retentive, as we see, to have a laugh.
Frag Maniac, all your questioning of my views is absolutly welcome and healthy but leave your bullshitting at home, it smells. Just in case you didn't know I give a rats ass:
1) how the suit is called
2) about UBI movies, they just can't make me love them. They destroyed 2 series of games (R6 and GR) for the reasons we all know. The job of being their rep is all yours.

Thanks anyway for pointing at perfectly plausible yet different readings of the movie details, of course it is too short to be conclusive.

BTW: nit picking is big part of forums: hardware nit picking, games nit picking, it s the salt and pepper of internet: you know: you can't turn your pc off untill you convinced evrybody on the internet that they are wrong... LOL

You sound a bit mad that you were called out. I still think its retarded that you think this video was funny, I definitely wasn't laughing at any scene, I saw it as being pretty serious. I guess you laugh at the sight of war and gun fights? Also the mech wasn't dancing, unless you dance like that, then I feel sorry for you. YOu might think its funny because your trying to nit pick at anything bad about the game this video is about just so you can support your la la land that Ubisoft sucks, but I don't think anyone cares.

Last edited:
Certainly the mech wasn't moving like todays mili-robots... thats why I said dancing.
Feel free to get excited with whatever you like, but most action B movies are miles better than this pastiche clip, seriously. But hey, some even like Chuck Norris or Tom Cruise jumpy shooty heaven, etc, and I do not pretend to change them.
And why a thread about finding issues in a clip has to turn so ridiculously personal is a mystery to me... The clip is propaganda and most propaganda is sh¿t by definition.