• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Gigabyte 9550

dp69_2001

crap
Does anyone have any information about getting around the gigabyte bios block on the 9550 it would be appreciated. The Gigabyte bios packages off of the site don't support this card for some reason. Also, does anyone else have problems w/ overclocking and doom 3. While overclocked I get about 2 minutes into the game and my display goes nuts and I have to restart windows to fix it. It doesn't happen in any other game and it didn't happen before I overclocked my card. It's not that big of a deal I can clock it to default if I have to when playing doom 3 but that extra 270mhz core and 35mhz mem. makes a huge difference in UT2k4 and counter-strike runs like a well oiled BMW. Any inf. would be appreciated.

dp69_2001

I'm beginning to think that it may just be my cooling. Cause it's begun to do that everytime that I am using 3d. But ATI tool still says that I am not getting any artifacts. I could almost hold this thread alone.

ati.bob

Did you happen to disable VPU Recover? I have some feeling that Gigabyte gone astray with the default reference design for Radeon 9550... :D