• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

GIGABYTE AERO 4K HDR CREATOR LAPTOP WINS BC Award

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
GIGABYTE TECHNOLOGY Co. Ltd, the world's leading brand of personal computers, which release the good news today. The AERO 17 Creator Laptop won the Best Choice Award 2022 - Category Award, which is regarded as a global procurement indicator by international buyers."This product is the latest laptop from GIGABYTE designed specially for professional creators. In terms of hardware specification, 4-side boundless bezel design, display technology and product design sides, it stands out from the previous generation and competitive product from other companies. We believed that AERO 17 is the gold standard for creator laptops" from the Best Choice Award evaluation committee.

GIGABYTE has targeted the professional creators' market, uniquely positioning itself: high performance with premium visual experiences. The mission of the GIGABYTE AERO laptop series is "Creativity Starts Here". We have responded to the needs and expectations of creators, to customize and modify their laptops. This year, the GIGABYTE AERO series product aspires to be a visionary masterpiece, ushering in the era of 17" Creator Laptops, with the introduction of 4K miniLED display technologies, along with an evolution in product design. Rooted in humanity and heading back to nature, its appearance has the pure aesthetic of the integrally formed chassis, crafted through CNC technology: a powerful core performance accompanied by minimalist design.

For creators who spend countless hours on their laptops, screen quality is a major factor in the comfort of long working sessions. GIGABYTE offers a gigantic 4-sided ultrathin bezel-less design, with a wider color space and VESA DisplayHDR 1000 high contrast certification, providing a theater-like, realistic, and stunning feast for the eyes, redefining Creator Laptops' power and putting GIGABYTE at peak visual performance. GIGABYTE AERO Creator laptops have given endless wonders to creators, immersing them in their creative journey. Furthermore, the AERO 17 Creator Laptop, powered by Intel's 12th Gen processor, has won numerous awards internationally like Red Dot Product Design Award 2022 and has gone viral in the professional designer community.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

The thought of having 4k resolution on a 17" laptop gives me a headache. Sure, you can scale things up to a greater or lesser extent, but not everything scales up.

On paper, this sounds and looks like a great laptop. I am more interested to know how it really holds up in real life usage. That slimness is nice, but I am not sure if it can realistically handle the hardware without significant throttling that will impact performance significantly. Winning an award based on specs and looks is not meaningful, and just an empty award to me.

Processor Ryzen 5900X
Motherboard Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VII HERO
Cooling Noctua NH-U12S
Memory 4x Kingston HyperX 16G 3000MHz
Video Card(s) Asus ROG Strix 4800
Case Inwin 909
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 750 P2
Mouse Razer Lancehead Wireless
Keyboard Razer Huntsman V2 TKL
Software Debian Linux / Win11
The thought of having 4k resolution on a 17" laptop gives me a headache. Sure, you can scale things up to a greater or lesser extent, but not everything scales up.
I have 4k on 13". I just play "scale" game. Even on 4k 27", stuff needs to be scaled 125% + make taskbar larger and other font tunings.

Processor Ryzen 7 5800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite
Cooling Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE
Memory 2x16 GB Crucial Ballistix 3600 CL16 Rev E @ 3800 CL16
Video Card(s) RTX3080 Ti FE
Storage SX8200 Pro 1 TB, Plextor M6Pro 256 GB, WD Blue 2TB
Display(s) LG 34GN850P-B
Case SilverStone Primera PM01 RGB
Audio Device(s) SoundBlaster G6 | Fidelio X2 | Sennheiser 6XX
Power Supply SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 750W
Mouse Endgame Gear XM1R
Keyboard Wooting Two HE
For a brief second I read it as "BS Award".

I have 4k on 13". I just play "scale" game. Even on 4k 27", stuff needs to be scaled 125% + make taskbar larger and other font tunings.
Yeah, I'm on a 27" 1440p monitor and using default settings for scaling, its right at the sweet spot. I would probably need a monitor size of at least 34" for 4k because some of the programs I use don't have any way to scale things up within them.

Currently somewhere around NSW, Australia
System Name hmmm... / lappy (ASUS Scar III)
Processor Intel Core i7-8086K / Intel Core i7-9750H
Motherboard ASUS Maximus XI Formula / ASUS G531GW
Cooling Noctua NH-D15s w/ 2 x Noctua NF-F12 PWM Chromax and 1 x Noctua NF-A15 HS-PWM Chromax Fans / Stock
Memory 4x16gb G.Skill Trident Z DDR4 3600mhz / 2x16gb Kingston Hyper X Impact DDR4 2666mhz C15
Video Card(s) 2 x EVGA GTX 1080 TI FTW3 / Nvidia RTX 2070 8gb
Storage 2 x Samsung 960 EVO Plus 1tb NVME/ 1tb Intel SSDPEKNW010T8 NVME + 2tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD
Display(s) Acer Predator X34P / ASUS 15.6" Screen
Case Fractal Design Meshify S2 White-TG + Noctua Chromax Fans / ASUS Scar III Case
Audio Device(s) Onboard + Logitech Z623 / Onboard
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium 1000W + PROLINK PRO903WS / ASUS ADP-230GB B Power Brick
Mouse Corsair Vengeance M65 PRO RGB / Logitech MX Anywhere 2S
Keyboard Corsair K70 LUX RGB / ASUS Scar III Keyboard
Software Windows 10 Professional x64 / Windows 10 Professional x64
I hope they've improved the fans on these coz the fans on my AERO 17 HDR were shit. The fans on mine only lasted around 9 months before they started making that clicking/rattling sound. Other than that, the laptop was great.