1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Gigabyte Announces Ultra Durable 4 Motherboard Construction Technology

Discussion in 'News' started by btarunr, Aug 31, 2011.

?

Is motherboard durability a concern?

1. Yes, motherboards should be built to last

39 vote(s)
    86.7%
  2. No, most upgrade their gaming rigs every 3 or so years, anyway

6 vote(s)
    13.3%
  1. Derek12

Thanks Received:
    I had 3 boards at the time,

One olde Gigabyte GA-7VTXE+, 5 years many of them 24/7 and still was fine but I had to throw it because I broke it accidentally

An Asrock AliveNF6P-VSTA that broke after 1 year (I still don't think Asrock is bad)

My current Gigabyte GA-MA74GM-S2H and after 2 years of daily use it's still strong :)

I like Gigabyte too ;)

2. zenlaserman

zenlaserman

Thanks Received:
    That's pretty funny coming from such a huge fan of eVGA like you. Since 2004, I've built over 3 dozen PCs for people with Gigabyte mobos, only one had problems - that an RMA took care of.

I built 3 PCs with eVGA mobos. All had problems, and the one time I owned an eVGA video card left a sour taste in my mouth. I think they're the most overrated company out there. I think they learned how to make PCBs from Sapphire.

3. [H]@RD5TUFF

Thanks Received:
    You missed the part where only 1 out of the 7 boards of theirs I have bought actually worked, as well as the RMA issues, they are the worst you can get in my experience. Also why do you say I am an EVGA fan ?