• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

GIGABYTE Announces X99M-Gaming 5 Micro-ATX Motherboard

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
GIGABYTE TECHNOLOGY Co. Ltd., a leading manufacturer of motherboards and graphics cards announced today the new X99M-Gaming 5, a mATX addition to its X99 lineup based on the Intel X99 chipset with support for the new Intel Core i7 Extreme Edition (Haswell-E) processor and latest DDR4 memory support.

With the GIGABYTE X99M-Gaming 5 motherboard, the ultimate gaming station does not have to be bulky and expensive. With a compact, yet feature rich design, the X99M-Gaming 5 is an affordable solution packed with high-end features including GIGABYTE AMP-UP audio technologies, onboard SATA-Express and M.2 ports for fast data transfers, and a Killer gigabit Lan port from Qualcomm Atheros for better online gaming performance.

2-Way Graphics Support
Gaming is all about getting high quality and responsive graphics; featuring two full x16 Gen. 3 PCI Express slots, the GIGABYTE X99M-Gaming 5 motherboard can support 2-way CrossFire or SLI graphics configurations. With a dual GPU setup, you can ensure that your PCI DIY build will cover the system requirements of the most graphics demanding games out there.

GIGABYTE AMP-UP Audio Technology
GIGABYTE Gaming motherboards are equipped with the GIGABYTE exclusive AMP-UP Audio Technology, which provides the industry's highest level of onboard audio features and technologies. With GIGABYTE AMP-UP Audio, gamers and audiophiles are able to experience crisp, ultra realistic sound effects while gaming, and the richest possible sound experience when listening to their favorite music and movies.

Realtek ALC 1150 115dB SNR HD Audio with Built-In Reat Audio Amplifier
The Realtek ALC1150 is a high-performance multi-channel High Definition Audio Codec that delivers an exceptional audio listening experience with up to 115dB SNR, ensuring users get the best possible audio quality from their PC.

The ALC1150 provides ten DAC channels that simultaneously support 7.1-channel sound playback, plus 2 channels of independent stereo sound output (multiple streaming) through the front panel stereo outputs. Two stereo ADCs are integrated and can support a microphone array with Acoustic Echo Cancellation (AEC), Beam Forming (BF), and Noise Suppression (NS) technologies. The ALC1150 incorporates Realtek proprietary converter technology to achieve Front differential output 115dB Signal-to-Noise ratio (SNR) playback (DAC) quality and 104dB SNR recording (ADC) quality.

Upgradeable OP-AMP
The GIGABYTE X99M-Gaming 5 motherboard feature an onboard OP-AMP socket, allowing enthusiasts to swap out the motherboard's onboard operational amplifier (OP-AMP) and explore personal audio preferences using a range of nuanced OP-AMPs available on the market. Additional amplifiers can be purchased separately to further expand audio capabilities.

High End Audio Capacitors
The GIGABYTE X99M-Gaming 5 is equipped with high end, Japanese branded Nichicon audio capacitors. These professional audio capacitors deliver the highest quality sound resolution and sound expansion to create the most realistic sound effects for professional gamers.

Quad USB DAC-UP
Featuring four USB 2.0 ports, GIGABYTE USB DAC-UP provides clean, noise-free power delivery to your Digital-to-Analog Converter. DACs can be sensitive to fluctuations in power from the other USB ports, which is why GIGABYTE USB DAC-UP takes advantage of an isolated power source that minimizes potential fluctuations and ensures the best audio experience possible.

Gold Plated Audio Hardware
For improved connectivity and long lasting durability of some of the most vulnerable I/O, the X99M-Gaming 5 pack top quality gold plated audio connectors. Gold has superb signal conductivity and will not tarnish over extended periods of use.

Ambient LED
The GIGABYTE X99M-Gaming 5 features LED lighting for the audio guard light path, providing a cool, custom look to your rig. These lights are now programmable, so you can have them beat to the rhythm of the music you are listening to, or pulse at a soothing pace to create a great atmosphere to enhance the environment of your game, movie or music.

Killer Networking
The GIGABYTE X99M-Gaming 5 motherboard features the Killer E2200 from Qualcomm Atheros, a high-performance, adaptive gigabit Ethernet controller that offers better online gaming and online media performance compared to standard solutions. The Killer E2200 features Advanced Stream Detect technology, which identifies and prioritizes all network traffic to ensure important applications that require high-speed connectivity are prioritized over less important traffic.

Quad Channel DDR4
The next generation of DRAM is here with DDR4. Featuring stock frequencies starting at 2133 MHz, DDR4 delivers up to 20% less energy consumption and twice as much density as the previous generation DDR3. DDR4 can help GIGABYTE X99 users to load their programs faster, increase responsiveness of their system and help them to handle heavy data tasks in a flash. The GIGABYTE X99M-Gaming 5 motherboard includes Quad Channel DDR4 memory support, bringing exceptionally fast memory access.

Genuine All Digital Power Design
GIGABYTE X99 motherboards use an all digital CPU power design from International Rectifier which includes both digital 4th Generation digital PWM Controller and industry-leading 3rd Generation PowIRstage controllers. These 100% digital controllers offer incredible precision in delivering power to the motherboard's most power-hungry and energy-sensitive components, allowing enthusiasts to get the absolute maximum performance from their next generation Intel Core i7 Extreme processors.

IR Digital PWM and IR PowIRstage ICs
This new generation of IR digital power controllers and PowIRstage ICs feature Isense technology, which provides more precise current sensing accuracy. This helps evenly distribute the thermal loading between the PowerIRstage ICs, preventing the overheating of each individual PowIRstage, resulting in longer lifespan and better reliability.

Server Level Chokes by Cooper Bussmann
GIGABYTE X99 series motherboards feature Server Level Cooper Bussmann Chokes.
  • Server level reliability
  • High current capacity
  • New design reduces heat created by power loss and provides efficient power delivery to CPU VRM area.
Long Lifespan Durable Black Solid Caps
GIGABYTE X99 series motherboards integrate the absolute best quality solid state capacitors that are rated to perform at the maximum efficiency for extended periods, even in extreme performance configurations. This provides peace of mind for end users who want to push their system hard, yet demand complete stability and reliability.

For more information, visit the product page.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Can some one please help me with this :

I read in previos review of the MSI 970 AM3+ Gaming, sadly i cant find the link, that this was also used the Realtek 1150 but in order to enjoy it to the maximum the article said that they wired the SNR or dbg to front case headers while the back had 96, again i dont recall the exact words used in the article, but if you can shed some light on why they did this, cause i always know that its preferred to use the heads in the back of the case, anyway its mentioned here again is a mystified way, i will go ahead and read the manual on the 970 if you can shed some light if your an expert please do

I read in previos review of the MSI 970 AM3+ Gaming, sadly i cant find the link, that this was also used the Realtek 1150 but in order to enjoy it to the maximum the article said that they wired the SNR or dbg to front case headers while the back had 96, again i dont recall the exact words used in the article, but if you can shed some light on why they did this, cause i always know that its preferred to use the heads in the back of the case, anyway its mentioned here again is a mystified way, i will go ahead and read the manual on the 970 if you can shed some light if your an expert please do

http://www.pcper.com/reviews/Mother...AM3-Gets-Something-New-Change/Conclusion-Does

MxPhenom 216

ASIC Engineer
System Name Ryzen Reflection
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5900x
Motherboard Gigabyte X570S Aorus Master
Cooling 2x EK PE360 | TechN AM4 AMD Block Black | EK Quantum Vector Trinity GPU Nickel + Plexi
Memory Teamgroup T-Force Xtreem 2x16GB B-Die 3600 @ 14-14-14-28-42-288-2T 1.45v
Video Card(s) Zotac AMP HoloBlack RTX 3080Ti 12G | 950mV 1950Mhz
Storage WD SN850 500GB (OS) | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB (Games_1) | Samsung 970 Evo 1TB (Games_2)
Display(s) Asus XG27AQM 240Hz G-Sync Fast-IPS | Gigabyte M27Q-P 165Hz 1440P IPS | Asus 24" IPS (portrait mode)
Case Lian Li PC-011D XL | Custom cables by Cablemodz
Audio Device(s) FiiO K7 | Sennheiser HD650 + Beyerdynamic FOX Mic
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Ultra Platinum 850
Mouse Razer Viper v2 Pro
Keyboard Razer Huntsman Tournament Edition
Software Windows 11 Pro 64-Bit
Now that is an awesome board!

System Name Aperature Workstation
Processor Core i7 3770K @ 4.2Ghz
Motherboard Asus Maximus V Gene
Cooling Corsair H100i
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1600 CL9 1.35v
Video Card(s) Asus STRIX GTX 970
Storage 480 GB Crucial M500
Display(s) Dell Ultrasharp U2713hm
Case Corsair 350D
Power Supply Seasonic 660XP2
Software Windows 8 Pro 64-bit
It's about time we see another mATX option. If Asus is foregoing production of a maximus board, I'll snatch this one up. It looks great.

Processor Core i5-3350P @3.5GHz
Motherboard MSI Z77MA-G45 (uATX)
Cooling Stock Intel
Memory 2x4GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) |Ξ \/ G /\ GeForce GTX 670 FTW+ 4GB w/Backplate, Part Number: 04G-P4-3673-KR, ASIC 68.5%
Storage some cheap seagates and one wd green
Display(s) Dell UltraSharp U2412M
Case some cheap old eurocase, black, with integrated cheap lit lcd for basic monitoring
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC892
Power Supply Enermax Triathlor 550W ETA550AWT bronze, non-modular, airflow audible over 300W power draw
Mouse PMSG1G
Keyboard oldschool membrane Keytronic 104 Key PS/2 (big enter, right part of right shift broken into "\" key)
Now that is an awesome board!
its an awesome fail. instead of the useless two digit display, there should be another pair of sata connectors :/

well, time to return to sleep and wait it out until skylake is around.. hopefully properly tested this time around to avoid the tsx fiasco.. intel better improve their intel..

MxPhenom 216

ASIC Engineer
System Name Ryzen Reflection
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5900x
Motherboard Gigabyte X570S Aorus Master
Cooling 2x EK PE360 | TechN AM4 AMD Block Black | EK Quantum Vector Trinity GPU Nickel + Plexi
Memory Teamgroup T-Force Xtreem 2x16GB B-Die 3600 @ 14-14-14-28-42-288-2T 1.45v
Video Card(s) Zotac AMP HoloBlack RTX 3080Ti 12G | 950mV 1950Mhz
Storage WD SN850 500GB (OS) | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB (Games_1) | Samsung 970 Evo 1TB (Games_2)
Display(s) Asus XG27AQM 240Hz G-Sync Fast-IPS | Gigabyte M27Q-P 165Hz 1440P IPS | Asus 24" IPS (portrait mode)
Case Lian Li PC-011D XL | Custom cables by Cablemodz
Audio Device(s) FiiO K7 | Sennheiser HD650 + Beyerdynamic FOX Mic
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Ultra Platinum 850
Mouse Razer Viper v2 Pro
Keyboard Razer Huntsman Tournament Edition
Software Windows 11 Pro 64-Bit
its an awesome fail. instead of the useless two digit display, there should be another pair of sata connectors :/

well, time to return to sleep and wait it out until skylake is around.. hopefully properly tested this time around to avoid the tsx fiasco.. intel better improve their intel..

So you got up just to make a troll post? The door is too your right....

Processor Core i5-3350P @3.5GHz
Motherboard MSI Z77MA-G45 (uATX)
Cooling Stock Intel
Memory 2x4GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) |Ξ \/ G /\ GeForce GTX 670 FTW+ 4GB w/Backplate, Part Number: 04G-P4-3673-KR, ASIC 68.5%
Storage some cheap seagates and one wd green
Display(s) Dell UltraSharp U2412M
Case some cheap old eurocase, black, with integrated cheap lit lcd for basic monitoring
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC892
Power Supply Enermax Triathlor 550W ETA550AWT bronze, non-modular, airflow audible over 300W power draw
Mouse PMSG1G
Keyboard oldschool membrane Keytronic 104 Key PS/2 (big enter, right part of right shift broken into "\" key)
So you got up just to make a troll post? The door is too your right....

youll thank me for not letting your enthusiasm in the way of practicality later. theres a rising trend of 2160p content creation if you havent noticed yet. so youll need to offload the data somewhere + generate parity data unless you entrust them to some cloud, which in my book is far from a safe solution in terms of goverment legal accessability and viewing of those data without your previous consent, unless you accept the t.o.s. as the consent.

Is has to do with the output differential, aka the ALC1150 needs one (like an AMP or Line Driver) to do 115dB. That is why everyone decided to add amplifiers.

Processor Intel Core 2 QX6850
Motherboard ABIT AB9 Pro
Cooling Zalman CNPS-9900 MAX-R
Memory Patriot PDC24G6400LLK (4x 2 GB)
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce GTX 560 Ti Twin Light Turbo
Storage Not Enough!
Display(s) Samsung T240HD
Case NZXT Zero
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite Pro
Power Supply Thortech Thunderbolt Plus TTBPK00G 1000W
Mouse Elecom M-DUX70BK
Keyboard CM Storm Trigger (Cherry MX Brown)
Software NOT Windows 10

youll thank me for not letting your enthusiasm in the way of practicality later. theres a rising trend of 2160p content creation if you havent noticed yet. so youll need to offload the data somewhere + generate parity data unless you entrust them to some cloud, which in my book is far from a safe solution in terms of goverment legal accessability and viewing of those data without your previous consent, unless you accept the t.o.s. as the consent.

That "useless two digit display" is an integrated POST card. It's a major time saver when hardware problems come up and keep your system from booting.

The X99M-Gaming 5 is a m-ATX board... you know, the kind that's smaller than the usual ATX size for space-saving purposes. As it is, the board is already flexible with its whopping 10 SATA ports. You'd need a large computer case for the hard drives that would fill up those SATA ports. At that point, you've given up the compactness of the form factor. If you wanted a massive storage box, you're better off served by something like ASRock's X99 Extreme11. Any case capable of holding something that large will have the room for all those hard drives you seem to want.

Why gigabyte changed color... I really like green and black, which is almost like z87 sniper or x79 assasin.

I can't wait for Asus to out their X99 ROG m-ATX...that's if they are. These boards look MEH!