• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Gigabyte Announces Z590 Vision Motherboard Lineup: Empowering Creators

Raevenlord

News Editor
System Name The Ryzening
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
Motherboard MSI X570 MAG TOMAHAWK
Cooling Lian Li Galahad 360mm AIO
Memory 32 GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3733 (4x 8 GB)
Video Card(s) Gigabyte RTX 3070 Ti
Storage Boot: Transcend MTE220S 2TB, Kintson A2000 1TB, Seagate Firewolf Pro 14 TB
Display(s) Acer Nitro VG270UP (1440p 144 Hz IPS)
Case Lian Li O11DX Dynamic White
Audio Device(s) iFi Audio Zen DAC
Power Supply Seasonic Focus+ 750 W
Mouse Cooler Master Masterkeys Lite L
Keyboard Cooler Master Masterkeys Lite L
Software Windows 10 x64
GIGABYTE TECHNOLOGY Co. Ltd, a leading manufacturer of motherboards and graphics cards, today announced the new Z590 VISION series motherboards for creators which power the 11th Gen Intel Core processors. The exclusive design of VisionLINK and VisionLINK TB enables the simple connection to pen displays with only one USB Type-C cable, releasing creators from the mess of transmission cables and switches to a neat space. Featuring an optimized power design, thermal design, superior connectivity and high quality components, GIGABYTE Z590 VISION series motherboards provide the remarkable platform for creators.

The VisionLINK technology allows for data and video transmission based on USB Type-C Interface and it provides power delivery up to 60 W. VisionLINK technology lets creators not only without cable clutter, but also the benefit of data, video, and power charging at the same time. One USB Type-C cable connected, turn the workspace into neat and tidy. VisionLINK TB is an advanced version of VisionLINK technology. It is based on Thunderbolt 4 delivers 40 Gb/s high-bandwidth speeds, data transferring, video signal, 60 W power charging, and daisy chain function to support up to 10 devices connection.

The Z590 VISION series motherboards keep the VISION white styling with exclusive hardware design to provide creators with an improved working efficiency. The Z590 VISION series motherboards inherit GIGABYTE's leadership in motherboard power design and VRM thermal design, using up to 12-phase direct power design paired with highly durable DrMOS to provide the best power delivery. Solid power pin connectors on the Z590 VISION series motherboards ensure that the power delivery is stable while reducing excess heat during high workload to prevent throttling, and make the processor more stable to avoid downtime due to an unstable power supply. With the new design of the fins-array, direct-touch heat-pipe, large heat sinks and Smart Fan 6, it not only strengthens the thermal effect, but also takes into account the appearance design, allowing the GIGABYTE Z590 VISION motherboards to be both stylish and thermally efficient.

The memory circuits of GIGABYTE Z590 VISION motherboards are embedded within the PCB ground layers while the metal outer layer of the PCB reduces electromagnetic interference so those using dual channel configuration can enjoy high-speed, stable overclocked RAM performance boost above XMP 4800 MHz. GIGABYTE Z590 VISION motherboards use PCIe 4.0 grade of PCBs, PCIe slots, M.2 slots, and controllers for the highest bandwidth quality. The select Z590 VISION motherboards equip with three PCIe 4.0 M.2 slots which the trace layout comes directly from CPU for the NVMe M.2 SSD, and offers and extreme sequential read speed of more than 20000 MB/s in Windows RAID 0 mode.

Besides taking the lead to implement Thunderbolt 4 onboard, GIGABYTE Z590 VISION motherboards also adopt robust expansion for content creators, which includes SuperSpeed USB3.2 Gen 2x2, Intel 2.5G Ethernet, and High Fidelity audio output expansion interface. The Intel 2.5 Gbps Ethernet controller brings ultra-fast connectivity that is 2.5X faster than Gigabit Ethernet. Also, the lineup implements an Intel WiFi 6 802.11ax network adapter to provide Gigabit level wireless network, and paired with high-gain Wi-Fi smart antenna to deliver up to 2.4 Gbps transmission speed which offers smoother streaming videos, fewer dropped connections, and more stability. To feature with dual Ethernet LAN and WiFi for creators to have a flexible configuration with high bandwidth and low latency access connectivity. The newest GIGABYTE VISION DRIVE perfectly matches the 20 Gbps high speed transfer of USB 3.2 Gen 2x2 to meet the needs of ultra-fast storage from creators.

GIGABYTE Z590 VISION series motherboards are equipped with the high SNR audio engine ALC4080 and the WIMA FKP2 studio-grade audio capacitors to deliver studio-grade audio. GIGABYTE's exclusive design with DTS:X Ultra technology delivers high fidelity audio for the most immersive sound experience whether it's for work or entertainment. From video editing to listening to music, the audio quality is indispensable.

Z590 VISION G features three PCIe x16 slots with one Gen4 x16 and two Gen3 x4 supported. There are four M.2 slots with PCIe 4.0/3.0 interface, and six SATA 6 Gb/s ports. With the VisionLINK for connection of pen displays and the DP_In interface, the 3D performance of VGA cards can be shared to pen displays, which is suitable for enabling 2D design and entry-level 3D modeling.

Z590 VISION D holds two PCIe 4.0 slots of x16 and x8 interface, two PCIe 3.0 expansion slots of x4 and x1, three M.2 slots with PCIe 4.0/3.0 interface, and six SATA 6 Gb/s ports. With the VisionLINK TB for connection of pen display and the DP_In interface, the performance of VGA cards can be shared to pen displays, which is more suitable for VFX, 3D compilation, 3D CAD, AI development, and edge deployment.

Z590I VISION D is the first ITX size motherboard of VISION series which is the top choice for mini PC to handle 2D and light-duty 3D computer-aided workloads in fields such as architecture and engineering. In addition to one PCIe 4.0 x16 slot, two PCIe 4.0/3.0 M.2 slots, and four SATA 6 Gb/s ports onboard, Z590I VISION D also equips two Thunderbolt 4 ports which can deliver 40 Gb/s high-bandwidth speeds, data transferring, video signal, 60 W power charging, USB4 specification compliance, and daisy chain function to support up to 10 devices connection. Heat dissipation is very critical to the mini PC. Z590I VISION D thermal's solution provides a perfect balance between style and performance.

Z590 VISION series also implement the highly recognized durability and stability of GIGABYTE motherboards. The exclusive Q-Flash Plus feature allows users to flash a BIOS file without installing a CPU, RAM, GPU, and other peripherals. Creators now can concentrate on their creation under a stable system.

For more information and news on GIGABYTE products, please visit the official GIGABYTE website: http://www.gigabyte.com

Gigabyte Z590 VISION G
Intel Z590 Creators Motherboard with unique VisionLINK I/O design, Effective thermal solution, Intel 2.5 GbE LAN, PCIe 4.0 x16 slot, Quad NVMe

• PCIe x4 M.2 Connectors, Front USB 3.2 Gen 2×2 Type-C Header
  • Powerful performance support 11th and 10th Gen Intel Core series processors
  • Dual Channel Non-ECC Unbuffered DDR4 memory, 4 DIMMs
  • Go further without more cables by VisionLINK I/O design
  • High-bandwidth and low-latency network support by Intel 2.5 GbE LAN
  • Comprehensive connectivity by front and rear USB3.2 Gen 2×2 Type-C connectors
  • PCIe 4.0 hardware design and maximum memory capacity up to 128 GB for empowering real-time workload
  • 4 Ultra-Fast NVMe PCIe x4 M.2 connectors with unique thermal guards
  • Effective cooling solution design for the better thermal dissipation
  • Smart Fan 6 features hybrid fan headers and numerous temperature sensors for fan mode configuration
  • Q-Flash Plus Updates BIOS without Installing the CPU, Memory and Graphics Card

Z590I VISION D
Intel Z590 Mini-ITX Creators Motherboard with enhanced power design, Effective thermal solution, Thunderbolt 4, Intel Wi-Fi 6 802.11ax and Intel 2.5 GbE LAN, PCIe 4.0 x16 slot, Dual NVMe PCIe X4 M.2 Connectors, Front USB Type-C Header

• Powerful performance support 11th and 10th Gen Intel Core Series Processors
  • Dual Channel Non-ECC Unbuffered DDR4 memory, 2 DIMMs
  • The limitless connectivity by Intel Thunderbolt 4
  • High-bandwidth and low-latency network support by Intel 2.5 GbE LAN
  • Intel Wi-Fi 6 2×2 802.11ax with all new antenna support for better signal
  • Dual Ultra-Fast NVMe PCIe x4 M.2 connectors with unique thermal guards
  • Comprehensive cooling solution design for the better thermal dissipation
  • Smart Fan 6 features hybrid fan headers and numerous temperature sensors for fan mode configuration
  • Q-Flash Plus Updates BIOS without Installing the CPU, Memory and Graphics Card

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name Hotbox
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, 110/95/110, PBO +150Mhz, CO -7,-7,-20(x6),
Motherboard ASRock Phantom Gaming B550 ITX/ax
Cooling LOBO + Laing DDC 1T Plus PWM + Corsair XR5 280mm + 2x Arctic P14
Memory 32GB G.Skill FlareX 3200c14 @3800c15
Video Card(s) PowerColor Radeon 6900XT Liquid Devil Ultimate, UC@2250MHz max @~200W
Storage 2TB Adata SX8200 Pro
Display(s) Dell U2711 main, AOC 24P2C secondary
Case SSUPD Meshlicious
Audio Device(s) Optoma Nuforce μDAC 3
Power Supply Corsair SF750 Platinum
Mouse Logitech G603
Keyboard Keychron K3/Cooler Master MasterKeys Pro M w/DSA profile caps
Software Windows 10 Pro
Hm, 60W PD out from the motherboard could indeed be useful - it sure is a lot better than the 15W delivered by regular USB-C and TB3 ports.

Also, that is a very nice looking ITX board, even if its VRMs are bound to run hot. Especially given those 250W PL2s Intel is rocking these days. Also, of course, AM4 would be nice.

Raevenlord

News Editor
System Name The Ryzening
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
Motherboard MSI X570 MAG TOMAHAWK
Cooling Lian Li Galahad 360mm AIO
Memory 32 GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3733 (4x 8 GB)
Video Card(s) Gigabyte RTX 3070 Ti
Storage Boot: Transcend MTE220S 2TB, Kintson A2000 1TB, Seagate Firewolf Pro 14 TB
Display(s) Acer Nitro VG270UP (1440p 144 Hz IPS)
Case Lian Li O11DX Dynamic White
Audio Device(s) iFi Audio Zen DAC
Power Supply Seasonic Focus+ 750 W
Mouse Cooler Master Masterkeys Lite L
Keyboard Cooler Master Masterkeys Lite L
Software Windows 10 x64
Hm, 60W PD out from the motherboard could indeed be useful - it sure is a lot better than the 15W delivered by regular USB-C and TB3 ports.

Also, that is a very nice looking ITX board, even if its VRMs are bound to run hot. Especially given those 250W PL2s Intel is rocking these days. Also, of course, AM4 would be nice.

Beautifully-designed motherboards (purely aesthetic) indeed. And of course, agree with the AM4 sentiment.

Processor AMD Ryzen 3700x
Motherboard asus ROG Strix B-350I Gaming
Cooling Deepcool LS520 SE
Memory crucial ballistix 32Gb DDR4
Video Card(s) RTX 3070 FE
Storage WD sn550 1To/WD ssd sata 1To /WD black sn750 1To/Seagate 2To/WD book 4 To back-up
Display(s) LG GL850
Case Dan A4 H2O
Audio Device(s) sennheiser HD58X
Power Supply Corsair SF600
Mouse MX master 3
Keyboard Master Key Mx
Software win 11 pro

That ITX board is so nice that it almost made Rocket lake appealing even though I already have a 3700x :D.
No matter who'll get on top with Zen 4 or Alder lake, I hope that it's not going to be a oneshot from gigabyte, that board got everything that I could ask for

tabascosauz

Supporter
Staff member
System Name ab┃ob
Processor 7800X3D┃5800X3D
Motherboard B650E PG-ITX┃B550-I Strix
Cooling PA120+T30┃AXP120x67
Memory 64GB 6000CL30┃32GB 3600CL14
Video Card(s) RTX 4070 Ti Eagle┃RTX A2000
Storage 8TB of SSDs┃1TB SN550
Display(s) 43" QN90B / 32" M32Q / 27" S2721DGF
Case Caselabs S3┃Lone Industries L5
Power Supply Corsair HX1000┃HDPlex

Been trying to find out more about the ITX Vision, because out of all the Z590s it's singlehandedly captured my complete attention.

From first impressions, it looks to share a near identical PCB with the Z590I Ultra (which itself is heavily based off the very high end Z490I Ultra). Vision offers TB4 and more USB-C, Ultra offers better heatsinks (might be one of the first modern ITX boards with a real finned heatsink) and more USB-A.

At least, I hoope the component choice is shared, because the Vision is going to need the 90A SPS setup of the two Ultras. Every other part of the VRM looks identical, it would be bizarre if Gigabyte randomly swapped the ISL99390s for lower end DrMOS.

Unfortunately, Gigabyte's ITX lines are different for LGA1200 and AM4. The Z590 ITX share a board layout with Z490 - lower socket, split power plane, split heatsinks. The X570 and the B550 take the B450 layout and add better components and PCB layers. They don't share much in common, while both B550 and Z490/Z590 share similar backplates and the same (half pointless) M.2 heatsinks.

Last edited:
System Name Hotbox
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, 110/95/110, PBO +150Mhz, CO -7,-7,-20(x6),
Motherboard ASRock Phantom Gaming B550 ITX/ax
Cooling LOBO + Laing DDC 1T Plus PWM + Corsair XR5 280mm + 2x Arctic P14
Memory 32GB G.Skill FlareX 3200c14 @3800c15
Video Card(s) PowerColor Radeon 6900XT Liquid Devil Ultimate, UC@2250MHz max @~200W
Storage 2TB Adata SX8200 Pro
Display(s) Dell U2711 main, AOC 24P2C secondary
Case SSUPD Meshlicious
Audio Device(s) Optoma Nuforce μDAC 3
Power Supply Corsair SF750 Platinum
Mouse Logitech G603
Keyboard Keychron K3/Cooler Master MasterKeys Pro M w/DSA profile caps
Software Windows 10 Pro
Vision link is awesome. Only thing left is monitors with USBC display+power input and i say bye bye to HDMI/DP + power cords
There are some portable ones out there, but USB PD for powering desktop monitors isn't likely to be happening any time soon (if ever) - they vary too much in their power needs, and this >15W PD thing seems to be somewhat proprietary to Gigabyte (though no doubt others could make a similar implementation without much difficulty). If it's not standard, it won't get adopted, so ... yeah. There's also the issue of delivering an extra 60W through the motherboard (which I assume they're taking from the EPS connector and converting to the necessary 5/9/12/15/20V for PD), while most monitors have plenty of room for adding 100W to their PSU for delivering power the other way.

This would be pretty cool for people working on both a laptop and a desktop though, with 10GbE Thunderbolt Networking while also charging the laptop, through a single cable, or as they say powering graphics tablets through a single cable.

I also just noticed that they're pulling an Apple-esque "courageous" move and removing the rear audio jacks! Well, there's still mic and line in, but that's not something I've seen before. Unlike the iPhone it actually makes sense here though - you've still got front audio in a pinch, and anyone actually using this for creative work involving audio should have a separate DAC anyhow.

That ITX board is so nice that it almost made Rocket lake appealing even though I already have a 3700x :D.
No matter who'll get on top with Zen 4 or Alder lake, I hope that it's not going to be a oneshot from gigabyte, that board got everything that I could ask for
Yeah, it looks really nice. I don't have much hope for Alder Lake though - isn't that rumored to be the same arch as whatever lake they just launched, but with some Atom cores tacked on? I don't see the use case outside of mobile, to be honest.

System Name Lightbringer
Processor Ryzen 7 2700X
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X470-F Gaming
Cooling Enermax Liqmax Iii 360mm AIO
Memory G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32GB (8GBx4) 3200Mhz CL 14
Video Card(s) Sapphire RX 5700XT Nitro+
Storage Hp EX950 2TB NVMe M.2, HP EX950 1TB NVMe M.2, Samsung 860 EVO 2TB
Display(s) LG 34BK95U-W 34" 5120 x 2160
Case Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic (White)
Power Supply BeQuiet Straight Power 11 850w Gold Rated PSU
Mouse Glorious Model O (Matte White)
Keyboard Royal Kludge RK71
Software Windows 10

Yes, AM4 would be awesome.... This thing would look perfect in my white, all AMD build, the ATX version that is

Pictures of MB's and their backsides with backplates are mixed?

System Name Incomplete thing 1.0
Processor Ryzen 2600
Motherboard B450 Aorus Elite
Cooling Gelid Phantom Black
Memory HyperX Fury RGB 3200 CL16 16GB
Video Card(s) Gigabyte 2060 Gaming OC PRO
Storage Dual 1TB 970evo
Display(s) AOC G2U 1440p 144hz, HP e232
Case CM mb511 RGB
Audio Device(s) Reloop ADM-4
Power Supply Sharkoon WPM-600
Mouse G502 Hero
Keyboard Sharkoon SGK3 Blue
Software W10 Pro
Benchmark Scores 2-5% over stock scores
Would've been nice to include 10Gbit on the best model, instead of needing an adapter for TB.

I still think MSI`s unify itx board looks the best and good news they will have one in z590 as well. Just too bad this socket is dead on arrival.

System Name The Little One
Processor i5-11320H @4.4GHZ
Motherboard AZW SEI
Cooling Fan w/heat pipes + side & rear vents
Memory 64GB Crucial DDR4-3200 (2x 32GB)
Video Card(s) Iris XE
Storage WD Black SN850X 4TB m.2, Seagate 2TB SSD + SN850 4TB x2 in an external enclosure
Display(s) 2x Samsung 43" & 2x 32"
Case Practically identical to a mac mini, just purrtier in slate blue, & with 3x usb ports on the front !
Audio Device(s) Yamaha ATS-1060 Bluetooth Soundbar & Subwoofer
Power Supply 65w brick
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2
Keyboard Logitech G613 mechanical wireless
Software Windows 10 pro 64 bit, with all the unnecessary background shitzu turned OFF !
Benchmark Scores PDQ
Prices - MIA as usual... :mad:.:(.:mad:

Would have been nice to see them, instead of sooo much techno-babble :roll::eek::fear:

System Name Black Box
Processor Intel Xeon E3-1260L v5
Motherboard MSI E3 KRAIT Gaming v5
Cooling Tt tower + 120mm Tt fan
Memory G.Skill 16GB 3600 C18
Video Card(s) Asus GTX 970 Mini
Storage Kingston A2000 512Gb NVME
Display(s) AOC 24" Freesync 1m.s. 75Hz
Case Corsair 450D High Air Flow.
Audio Device(s) No need.
Power Supply FSP Aurum 650W
Mouse Yes
Keyboard Of course
Software W10 Pro 64 bit
Beautifully-designed motherboards (purely aesthetic) indeed. And of course, agree with the AM4 sentiment.
After the NZXT Motherboards all the rest are copies.

tabascosauz

Supporter
Staff member
System Name ab┃ob
Processor 7800X3D┃5800X3D
Motherboard B650E PG-ITX┃B550-I Strix
Cooling PA120+T30┃AXP120x67
Memory 64GB 6000CL30┃32GB 3600CL14
Video Card(s) RTX 4070 Ti Eagle┃RTX A2000
Storage 8TB of SSDs┃1TB SN550
Display(s) 43" QN90B / 32" M32Q / 27" S2721DGF
Case Caselabs S3┃Lone Industries L5
Power Supply Corsair HX1000┃HDPlex
There are some portable ones out there, but USB PD for powering desktop monitors isn't likely to be happening any time soon (if ever) - they vary too much in their power needs, and this >15W PD thing seems to be somewhat proprietary to Gigabyte (though no doubt others could make a similar implementation without much difficulty). If it's not standard, it won't get adopted, so ... yeah. There's also the issue of delivering an extra 60W through the motherboard (which I assume they're taking from the EPS connector and converting to the necessary 5/9/12/15/20V for PD), while most monitors have plenty of room for adding 100W to their PSU for delivering power the other way.

This would be pretty cool for people working on both a laptop and a desktop though, with 10GbE Thunderbolt Networking while also charging the laptop, through a single cable, or as they say powering graphics tablets through a single cable.

I also just noticed that they're pulling an Apple-esque "courageous" move and removing the rear audio jacks! Well, there's still mic and line in, but that's not something I've seen before. Unlike the iPhone it actually makes sense here though - you've still got front audio in a pinch, and anyone actually using this for creative work involving audio should have a separate DAC anyhow.

Yeah, it looks really nice. I don't have much hope for Alder Lake though - isn't that rumored to be the same arch as whatever lake they just launched, but with some Atom cores tacked on? I don't see the use case outside of mobile, to be honest.

That could be a big boon for my XPS 9370 which has TB3. Time will tell if I'm able to test it out :D

I think the big cores in Alder Lake is alleged based on Golden Cove, which is more of a Sunny Cove jump (new design) than a Willow Cove (revision of cache). Though Rocket Lake's Cypress Coves were also originally rumored to be a Willow Cove port, which wasn't true (didn't miss much though).

Intel might be turning to accelerators in Alder Lake like Apple has. There's mention of "AI" and I have a feeling they're not talking about VNNI.

I do have to correct what I said earlier about the VRM though - the Vision looks like it has the Z490 Ultra's VRM, but the Z590 Ultra has something different. The Ultra is advertised as 10+1 (11) with the +1 most likely powering iGPU. The Vision has 9 phases; there's no reason why there would be a 9-phase Vcore, so most likely it would be a 8+1 which would be a good thing for using Quicksync and GPU output. If GB downgraded from the Ultra's ISL99390s for no reason...this board could be a little questionable on VRM temperatures.

Last edited: