• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Gigabyte/Aorus BIOS Mass-spoonfeeding request.

Hello everyone, I have a rather large request today. I didn't really know where to post but if there's any other forum or site I should try please tell me.

Anyway, I've been trying to adjust every single BIOS setting for max performance. I'm aware that the vast majority of them won't affect anything, or will have a unnoticable effect, but I'd just like to learn what the hell these things do and what I should set them too. I have a Gigabyte z690 UD DDR4 and have wrote down every setting I can't find anything/anything reliable online for. I wish I got an MSI.

So please just tell me what I should do with these settings for maximum gaming performance (ignoring latency), and/or what they do. I don't mind if you write that I shouldn't touch it or something.

P.S. I'm aware that alot of these settings are for overclocking, and for those I'd like an explanation of what they do because I'm planning to overclock or undervolt my CPU and maybe RAM after getting the BIOS settings stable.

SPECS:
MB: Gigabyte Z690 UD DDR4
RAM: Patriot Viper Steel 2x16gb 3600mhz DDR4
CPU: i5-12600k
GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3080ti Gaming OC 12G
SSD: Samsung 790 EVO 2TB

What are P-cores and E-cores? Should I disable some for gaming perf?

CPU Upgrade: Should this be default, Gaming Profile, or maximum performance? Does max performance increase voltage and temps?

What does BCLK Overclock mean?

What the hell is:
CPU Base Clock
Enhanced Multi-Core Performance Efficiency & Performance CPU Clock ratio
Ring Ratio
IGP Ratio
PVD Ratio Threshold Ovveride
Intel Speed-Shift
Should I enable CPU Thermal Monitor?
Ring to core offset (down bin)
CPU EIST Function
Race to Halt
Energy Effiecent Turbo
Intel Turbo Boost Technology
CPU Flex ratio override
Frequency clipping
TVB Voltage reduction intiated
TVB IA & GT CEP
Fll OC Mode
What does BCLK Overclock mean?
AVX settings
Active Turbo Ratios
CPU Cores enabling mode (random?)
C-states Turbo Power limits
Turbo Per Core limit control

System Memory Multiplier?

Memory Ref Clock Gear mode (gear 1 or gear 2?)
Memory boot mode
Realtime memory timing
Memory enhancement settings
Memory channels timing settings

Vcore voltage mode
Cpu vcore
Dynamic vcore
Bclk adaptive voltage
Cpu graphics voltage (should I reduce this since i dont use cpu graphics?)
Interal l2atom & ovveride mode & offset
Internal VCCSA
CPU VCCIN AUX
DRAM vdd/vddq
VCC1P05
V0L82 CPU
VCC1V8P
CPU core pll, ring pll, gt pll, sa pll atom pll, mc pll overvoltage
Dram training voltage
DDDRVPP Voltage
DRAM termination
Cpu internal ac/dc load line
Cpu vcore loadline calibration
Cpu vcore protection & current proctection
VAXG protection
Cpu vrm thermal enhance
IA VR config enable
GT VR Config enable

Platform power management
S3 save mode
ErP
RC6 Render standby

Intial display output
PCIE Bifurification support
Onboard lan controller
Audio controller (should i turn this off if i dont use hdmi audio? I use a focusrite scarlett)
Above 4g decoding
IOAPIC 24-119 Entries
What is the serial port? Should I disable it?
Legacy USB Support
XHCI Hand-off
USB Mass storage driver support
Port 60/64 emulation
Intel platform trust technology (PTT)
3Dmark01 enhancement
CPU Pcie link speed
PCH pcie link speed
VT-d
Network Stack
SATA Controllers
Should I run an NVME self test?
Enable VMD controller

There's a linux boot manage in my boot options despite not having a linux install anywhere? How do I remove this?
Bootup numlock state
CFG lock
Quiet boot
Fast boot
Windows 10 features (other os, windows 10 or windows 10 WHQL? I use windows 11)
CSM support

283 pages of discussion about overclocking alderlake over here for what its worth.
Search that thread & I'm sure you'll find references to i5-12600k

System Name PowerSpec 1720 (Clevo PB70EF-G)
Processor i7-8750H (UV)
Motherboard PB70EF-G
Cooling SYY 157
Memory 32GB 3000MHz 15-18-18-36 1T (OC)
Video Card(s) 115W RTX 2070 8GB GDDR6 (OC/UV)
Storage 500GB WD Black SN700 NVME, 1TB Samsung 980
Display(s) 144Hz G-Sync 17.3" IPS
Case PowerSpec
Audio Device(s) Sound Blaster Pro-Gaming X
Power Supply 230W
Mouse Logitech G502 Hero
Keyboard Redragon K556/DITI K585
Software M$ Windows 10 Pro, Throttle Stop 9.5, MSi Afterburner, ParkControl
A motherboard manual covers some/many of these settings. Did your board come with a manual? I've read many manuals and some are better than others. Hundreds are available via PDF online.

Some of these settings are going to be related to others, and as you mention some of them will not have and effect on your system at all. The "spoon-feeding" request is really more than the members of the forum can offer unless someone is so gracious to basically write an entire manual for you. The Search function here will help you with specific settings research and then you can decipher which settings pertain to your particular hardware/system.

Processor Ryzen 2700X
Motherboard X470 Tachi Ultimate
Cooling Scythe Big Shuriken 3
Memory C.R.S.
Video Card(s) Radeon VII
Software Win 7
Benchmark Scores Never high enough
Hello everyone, I have a rather large request today. I didn't really know where to post but if there's any other forum or site I should try please tell me.

Anyway, I've been trying to adjust every single BIOS setting for max performance. I'm aware that the vast majority of them won't affect anything, or will have a unnoticable effect, but I'd just like to learn what the hell these things do and what I should set them too. I have a Gigabyte z690 UD DDR4 and have wrote down every setting I can't find anything/anything reliable online for. I wish I got an MSI.

So please just tell me what I should do with these settings for maximum gaming performance (ignoring latency), and/or what they do. I don't mind if you write that I shouldn't touch it or something.

P.S. I'm aware that alot of these settings are for overclocking, and for those I'd like an explanation of what they do because I'm planning to overclock or undervolt my CPU and maybe RAM after getting the BIOS settings stable.

SPECS:
MB: Gigabyte Z690 UD DDR4
RAM: Patriot Viper Steel 2x16gb 3600mhz DDR4
CPU: i5-12600k
GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3080ti Gaming OC 12G
SSD: Samsung 790 EVO 2TB

Due to how the thread is titled... I'll get straight to the point just so we're on the same page here:

If this is one of those "Pleeeease overclock my system for me" kind of threads, you won't get much of anything.
Personally, I'm not going to keep popping in to "Nanny-Tune" your system for you - It's best to let you do it yourself or you'll never learn in the first place.

Asking questions while making an honest attempt to do it yourself is fine and that's what's expected - However no one is going to do it all for you - I certainly can't and because of that I won't.

So....
Learn the definitions of what's in the BIOS, then learn the basics - That's easily done with a bit of research and reading, then move on to actual tweaking things to see the effects and how they apply.
That's how the majority of us learned and you can too and that's not meant to be mean, more like the straight up truth about it.

I will however toss a nugget your way since you did ask - BCLK is you bus speed.
It's the same exact thing as FSB for what it really is, just has a different name with the change from 200 FSB in older systems to 100 FSB (BCLK) as a standard for newer ones.
You can use CPU-Z to see it and this is an example:

B28 32M Super PI.jpg

Note the BCLK/FSB is shown at 319.01 in the reading from CPU-Z.

Good luck.

Last edited:
Due to how the thread is titled... I'll get straight to the point just so we're on the same page here:

If this is one of those "Pleeeease overclock my system for me" kind of threads, you won't get much of anything.
Personally, I'm not going to keep popping in to "Nanny-Tune" your system for you - It's best to let you do it yourself or you'll never learn in the first place.

Asking questions while making an honest attempt to do it yourself is fine and that's what's expected - However no one is going to do it all for you - I certainly can't and because of that I won't.

So....
Learn the definitions of what's in the BIOS, then learn the basics - That's easily done with a bit of research and reading, then move on to actual tweaking things to see the effects and how they apply.
That's how the majority of us learned and you can too and that's not meant to be mean, more like the straight up truth about it.

I will however toss a nugget your way since you did ask - BCLK is you bus speed.
It's the same exact thing as FSB for what it really is, just has a different name with the change from 200 FSB in older systems to 100 FSB (BCLK) as a standard for newer ones.
You can use CPU-Z to see it and this is an example:

View attachment 247934
Note the BCLK/FSB is shown at 319.01 in the reading from CPU-Z.

Good luck.
Not asking for an overclock and I did everything I wanted myself long before you replied. Thanks for the suggestion and kind words though.