• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Gigabyte geforce gtx 1050 ti G1 gaming 4G

Jojobaplant

Hey there,

I had a question about the card as per title of this post. Like so many others I mistakenly thought that flashing a gpu bios was like flashing a mobo's bios - the latest being the best. I went down in flames on that one and my card bricked as a result. After a few days I managed to get it to work by flashing it in safe mode with the card disabled. However, the ONLY bios that worked was the bios of a cheaper model with less hdmi ports etc. The Gigabyte geforce gtx 1050 ti OC is about 50 to 100 quid cheaper than the model I bought last month and has only one hdmi port instead of the three for which I bought this one. And it acts as such: only one port is working and the others are dead. I was more or less forced to use this lower end card's bios as for whatever reason the bioses for my own card did not do a thing. As this seemed odd to me, I contacted Gigabyte tech support, but they basically told me to go f* myself and contact the seller if I had any issues with my card. While this was an interesting standpoint from a service provider for me as a service quality manager, I knew what would happen when I would send it back to the seller - I'd be losing it like for six weeks and then at long last, I'd get a refurbished other one back. And to me that's not an option - I paid more than 200 quid for this thing - I want one that has not been used by anybody else.
My question now is: is there anybody here that has had the same issue where they had to downgrade to a lower model in order to get it to work and if they fixed it, how did they? Or is RMA'ing it the only option if I want to use the card the way I paid for it? Thanks and apologies for the kinda long story - I write for a living, it's a habit to write long explanations. Cheers from Dublin.

Gr,

J.

Last edited by a moderator:
System Name Acer Nitro 5 (AN515-45-R715)
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5900HX
Motherboard AMD Promontory / Bixby FCH
Cooling Acer Nitro Sense
Memory 32 GB
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon Graphics (Cezanne) / NVIDIA RTX 3080 Laptop GPU
Storage WDC PC SN530 SDBPNPZ
Display(s) BOE CQ NE156QHM-NY3
Software Windows 11 beta channel
Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
I have no similar experience with a BIOS flash gone bad, but I will say that refurbished cards are perfectly fine. You might just want to take that route if all else fails. If there is something wrong with the refurbished version, you just complain again until you get one that is spankin' new.

newtekie1

Semi-Retired Folder
Processor Intel Core i7 10850K@5.2GHz
Motherboard AsRock Z470 Taichi
Cooling Corsair H115i Pro w/ Noctua NF-A14 Fans
Memory 32GB DDR4-3600
Video Card(s) RTX 2070 Super
Storage 500GB SX8200 Pro + 8TB with 1TB SSD Cache
Display(s) Acer Nitro VG280K 4K 28"
Case Fractal Design Define S
Audio Device(s) Onboard is good enough for me
Power Supply eVGA SuperNOVA 1000w G3
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
Having dealt with Gigabyte's tech support, I can tell you that if you do have to send it back, they will see that it has the wrong BIOS on it, void the warranty and just ship it right back to you.

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Processor AMD FX 8350@ 5.0GHz
Motherboard Asus TUF 990FX Sabertooth R2 2901 Bios
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Memory 16 GB Gskill Ripjaws X 2133 (2400 OC, 10-10-12-20-20, 1T, 1.65V)
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 290 Sapphire Vapor-X
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, WD Velociraptor 1TB
Display(s) NEC Multisync LCD 1700V (Display Port Adapter)
Case AeroCool Xpredator Evil Blue Edition
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Seasonic 1250 XM2 Series (XP3)
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK Pro
Software Windows 7 Pro 64
Having dealt with Gigabyte's tech support, I can tell you that if you do have to send it back, they will see that it has the wrong BIOS on it, void the warranty and just ship it right back to you.

That or claim it is physically damaged.

All I can say is good luck

Cooling Acer Nitro Sense
Memory 32 GB
Yes that is the one.
Here are 2 BIOS for your GPU
https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/190831/gigabyte-gtx1050ti-4096-161224
https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/187148/gigabyte-gtx1050ti-4096-161006

I assume you have flashed that false BIOS with latest NVFlash 5.427 using the "overridesub" option?
Now you must use "overridesub" option again.

If both BIOS fail, you need to extract the BIOS from the aforementioned Gigabyte package and flash that with NVFlash 5.427

Jojobaplant

How can this void the warranty if they offer it themselves on their website? I mean, Like Stefan asked, I got it from the download page for this model. The whole point was that I flashed a card with a bios intended for this card, that failed and then I somehow cannot find the original bios for this card again as well as all the other options intended for this card don't work, only one intended for a lesser god in Gigabyte's 1050 ti family, which in my opinion is not normal. I did try literally all of the options available to me here on techpowerup. The only place I didn't look is the cd or dvd that came with the card, but it seems rather theoretical to me that this will contain a copy of the card's original bios.
However, this afternoon I went to those bloodsuckers at Maplin here in Dublin and bought meself an overpriced dvi to hdmi cable and that does the trick for now; my second display works. But I still don't think that I should be having to do that.

That or claim it is physically damaged.

All I can say is good luck

P.S. #MAGA

It is working as such, just not as the model I bought it for. NB: my creative use of expressions gets me into trouble at work all of the time, but somehow they all love to read the dissertations that I spew out daily/weekly/monthly as they find them entertaining while covering boring material :)

Here are 2 BIOS for your GPU
https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/190831/gigabyte-gtx1050ti-4096-161224
https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/187148/gigabyte-gtx1050ti-4096-161006

I assume you have flashed that false BIOS with latest NVFlash 5.427 using the "overridesub" option?
Now you must use "overridesub" option again.

If both BIOS fail, you need to extract the BIOS from the aforementioned Gigabyte package and flash that with NVFlash 5.427

Thank you very much my friend - I will put these to the test and will let you know what the outcome is.
Edit: come to think of it, I have already tried these two as they both prominently feature in my download folder, but I will try them again, to see what happens. By extracting it from the Gigabyte package, you mean reverse engineering the executable? Geez, that's a long time ago I did that. But I will try that too. Thanks again!

Last edited:
System Name Americas cure is the death of Social Justice & Political Correctness
Processor i7-11700K
Motherboard Asrock Z590 Extreme wifi 6E
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Memory 32GB Corsair RGB fancy boi 5000
Video Card(s) RTX 3090 Reference
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 1Tb + Samsung 970 Evo 500Gb
Display(s) Dell - 27" LED QHD G-SYNC x2
Case Fractal Design Meshify-C
Audio Device(s) on board
Power Supply Seasonic Focus+ Gold 1000 Watt
Mouse Logitech G502 spectrum
Keyboard AZIO MGK-1 RGB (Kaith Blue)
Software Win 10 Professional 64 bit
Benchmark Scores the MLGeesiest
How can this void the warranty if they offer it themselves on their website?

Based on what their warranty says on their website, they will not cover any damage done by the user of a physical nature, and they will not cover any non-gigabyte product.

I would take a conservative stance and interpret that as meaning you may be welcome to flash the bios but if it's a bios that they didn't write your not covered, or if during the flashing process you damage the card, and wrecked it ,you're not covered. Even if they do cover flashing of the bios, they don't cover human error ,which is what would cause damage or limited function of the card. So as long as you flash their bios and nothing went wrong you should be fine. If you flash their bios and something did go wrong that's user error and may not be covered by them, but it would be best contacting them and asking them specifically about that exact situation. If you installed a non-gigabyte bios on the card you will not be covered if its still on it.

Most companies don't warrantee human error, because even when you do something that is approved poor decision-making or bad choices can cause damage ,and if a company warranty's stupidity & mistakes, it gets expensive really quick.

But again it would be best to inquire

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Based on what their warranty says on their website, they will not cover any damage done by the user of a physical nature, and they will not cover any non-gigabyte product.

I would take a conservative stance and interpret that as meaning you may be welcome to flash the bios but if it's a bios that they didn't write your not covered, or if during the flashing process you damage the card, and wrecked it ,you're not covered. Even if they do cover flashing of the bios, they don't cover human error ,which is what would cause damage or limited function of the card. So as long as you flash their bios and nothing went wrong you should be fine. If you flash their bios and something did go wrong that's user error and may not be covered by them, but it would be best contacting them and asking them specifically about that exact situation. If you installed a non-gigabyte bios on the card you will not be covered if its still on it.

Most companies don't warrantee human error, because even when you do something that is approved poor decision-making or bad choices can cause damage ,and if a company warranty's stupidity & mistakes, it gets expensive really quick.

But again it would be best to inquire

Yup there are consequences to not heeding warnings in programs.

System Name Americas cure is the death of Social Justice & Political Correctness
Processor i7-11700K
Motherboard Asrock Z590 Extreme wifi 6E
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Memory 32GB Corsair RGB fancy boi 5000
Video Card(s) RTX 3090 Reference
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 1Tb + Samsung 970 Evo 500Gb
Display(s) Dell - 27" LED QHD G-SYNC x2
Case Fractal Design Meshify-C
Audio Device(s) on board
Power Supply Seasonic Focus+ Gold 1000 Watt
Mouse Logitech G502 spectrum
Keyboard AZIO MGK-1 RGB (Kaith Blue)
Software Win 10 Professional 64 bit
Benchmark Scores the MLGeesiest
It used to be more common but nowadays finding a rocksolid warranty is getting harder and harder. Occasionally you'll run into a video card or some other component where if registered within the first X number of days after purchase the product will carry a lifetime warranty(like the PNY xlr8 gtx780). I'm sure some company still do offer transferable or lifetime warranties with slim to no stipulations for refusal, but they're becoming more and more rare ,sadky.

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
It used to be more common but nowadays finding a rocksolid warranty is getting harder and harder. Occasionally you'll run into a video card or some other component where if registered within the first X number of days after purchase the product will carry a lifetime warranty(like the PNY xlr8 gtx780). I'm sure some company still do offer transferable or lifetime warranties with slim to no stipulations for refusal, but they're becoming more and more rare ,sadky.

Warranties are going the byway because of mining and those who put incorrect bios on cards that brick em.

Cooling Acer Nitro Sense
Memory 32 GB
... By extracting it from the Gigabyte package, you mean reverse engineering the executable? Geez, that's a long time ago I did that. But I will try that too. Thanks again!
Already done, grab the attachment.

Attachments

• N105TG14.F3.zip
    143 KB · Views: 295

Jojobaplant

Warranties are going the byway because of mining and those who put incorrect bios on cards that brick em.

Gents, you are both right in that I should have paid more attention to the potholes that were awaiting me down this road. As I stated in my original post, I was just thinking along the same lines as with a mobo bios - the newer the better. Guess video cards have become a gazillion times more delicate over the last couple of years since I last got new hardware. But then again, I never flashed the bios of a gpu previously, so I thought it was a new feature. Anyhoo, I will try the extracted bios Stefan has so kindly provided me tomorrow and if that doesn't work, well I know what does work and how to get it, so I will revert back to that then and my second display does work fine with the overpaid dvi-to-hdmi cable, so instead of going through the pulling-a-tooth-without-anesthesia like RMA procedure, I will leave it as is and pay more attention next time I purchase a gpu - although I hope that them card prices have gone down a bit as this was a costly experience! Thanks for all your help and advise and enjoy your weekend :)

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Gents, you are both right in that I should have paid more attention to the potholes that were awaiting me down this road. As I stated in my original post, I was just thinking along the same lines as with a mobo bios - the newer the better. Guess video cards have become a gazillion times more delicate over the last couple of years since I last got new hardware. But then again, I never flashed the bios of a gpu previously, so I thought it was a new feature. Anyhoo, I will try the extracted bios Stefan has so kindly provided me tomorrow and if that doesn't work, well I know what does work and how to get it, so I will revert back to that then and my second display does work fine with the overpaid dvi-to-hdmi cable, so instead of going through the pulling-a-tooth-without-anesthesia like RMA procedure, I will leave it as is and pay more attention next time I purchase a gpu - although I hope that them card prices have gone down a bit as this was a costly experience! Thanks for all your help and advise and enjoy your weekend :)

The primary issues are device ID/SKU, also the arrangement of the video ports as to why different bios files either work or brick your card.

Jojobaplant

Hey guys, just thought I'd post a tiny update here - I got it to work with one of the unverified bioses from this site. Version 86.07.42.00.38 from August 28 last year seems to have done the trick. It is now being recognized as the card that I originally bought and it now works as it says on the box: all hdmi ports work and it is being recognized as a G1 Gaming from Gigabyte. So you could say that I'm through the roof there :) Again, thanks for all your help and tips and enjoy your
scrnshtgpuz250318.gif

Sunday!
NB: I'll be darned to hell if I ever touch that bios again :/ Cheers from Dublin.

Gr,

J.