1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 Ti AORUS Xtreme Edition Graphics Card Detailed

Discussion in 'News' started by Raevenlord, Mar 20, 2017.

1. Raevenlord

Raevenlord News Editor Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    It was only a matter of time before Gigabyte applied its custom works to the GeForce GTX 1080 Ti. The company has released some pictures of its upcoming AORUS Xtreme Edition - the company's take on what is the world's most powerful gaming graphics card ever released. As an AORUS branded card, the AORUS Xtreme will feature Gigabyte's Windforce (triple-slot, 3x 100mm fans) cooler with RGB lighting (16.8 million colors). Aiding its triple-fan cooling prowess is a direct copper contact with a 6-heatpipe design, as well as a built-in backplate.

The 1080 Ti AORUS Xtreme Edition only has a single VR-link HDMI port on its front corner (while the GTX 1080 had two). On the rear IO however, you'll find 2x HDMI ports (ideal for VR-link), 3x DisplayPort, and 1x DVI. No information on pricing or clock speed is available at the moment, though the card is expected to hit shelves mid-April.

Update: Clock speeds have been revealed by Gygabyte itself, and the card's OC Mode shows boost speeds of 1746 MHz and 1632 MHz base; while its Gaming Mode lowers those to 1721 MHz boost, and 1607 MHz base clocks.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 27, 2017 at 1:46 PM
  2. GhostRyder

GhostRyder

Thanks Received:
    I am really digging the new Gigabyte designs, however I say (In my opinion) its ruined by adding back the DVI as I think its much cleaner on the outputs without it.

Caring1 and peche say thanks.
  3. Joss

Joss

Thanks Received:
    The plastic shroud covers the heatsinks too much, it should impede airflow somewhat.

4. peche

peche Thermaltake fanboy

Thanks Received:
    i just realized that i love the led sayin' GeForce GTX than any other name or brand...no brand, no fan stop led, nothing, Geforce GTX, adding nvidia's logo will be nice too,

Also Gigabyte's cooler, shroud should be metallic slim frame....also this is a big card, cant image weight,

Crunching for Team TPU
  5. chodaboy19

Thanks Received:
    Does the overlapping fan setup work without issues? Looks pretty interesting!

6. Dj-ElectriC

Dj-ElectriC

Thanks Received:
    Trusting GB's fans is like trusting farts.

Anybody who worked in a lab repairing parts and PCs knows what im talking about

7. peche

peche Thermaltake fanboy

Thanks Received:
    well... i could say that about zotac or some asus cards, i have never faced problems with their cards, i do know about some issues on GTX 1000 series...

Crunching for Team TPU
  8. alucasa

alucasa

Thanks Received:
    Overengineered for epeen?

9. Prima.Vera

Prima.Vera

Thanks Received:
    What's with the triple slots recently???

10. Joss

Joss

Thanks Received:
    What's with the triple fans recently??? and the RGBs, and the over the board designs, and monster coolers for a 1060 that could do with passive... etc
    the answer is: they don't design for what we want but for what they think we should want. The explanation is out of place here because it's political/Historical.

11. DecanFrost New Member

Thanks Received:
    I just got the 1080 version of this and I have to see the cooling on this card is simply awesome. I had a MSI 980TI and that card was at max temp every game (84C locked) with the new card it sits at about 70C gaming.

12. night.fox

night.fox

Thanks Received:
    One reason that i know of is that pascal is much cooler chip than maxwell.