• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

gigabyte gtx 1060 gaming rev 2 bios not recognised in Maxwell

babady

Hi there...
After some help with a card I am trying fix.. bought on ebay as faulty and when i got the card had no power.. stripped it and it was very sticky (how i dunno lol).. so i cleaned it checked for burnt components of which were none so rebuilt it and what do u no it powered up... but.. no display :(.. ive had this problem lots before and I can reflash the vbios with my programmer.. but.... when i got the bios from tech power up of which there was only 2 of... they both get the same result... on further investigation they both dont read in maxwell II tweaker ??? and it seems all of the 1060 bios dont so I am at a loss for where to get 1 or is this a common problem?

many thanks in advance :)

babady

ok cheers without looking i take it that pascal is a different software?? bit of a long shot but any ideas y this card wont display with either of the bios's on this site?? has a response from the card to the monitor but just black... I know I might sound a bit short of knowledge to some but this has been a hobby and not spending to much so just after gaining a bit more of that clever stuff up there :D

No worries, unfortunately there doesn't seem to have any Pascal Bios tweaker, but I can help you finding the right bios for your card.
This can be done by having the product number of the card, which is on a white sticker on the back of the card, and preferably identifying the memory chips present on the card.

Last edited:

babady

Ive taken a pic for u 2 look at if u can possibly find 1 that would be great as i say the two on here dnt work but if they are the right one maybe it has another fault? all fun tho lmao

Attachments

• 20210227_204206.jpg
    20210227_204206.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 67

babady

Think ive tried 2 of them but ill have a look later on if not ill have 2 do some more research on the subject... many thanks for ur help