• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Gigabyte GV-R677D5-1GD Radeon HD 6770 GPU voltage unlock?

ksatta

I've tried pretty much everything to get control of the GPU voltage. I almost gave up but today I tried to flash an Asus Radeon HD 6770 bios. GPU-Z showed for a while that the GPU was running at 1.2 V which means that the voltage is not hardware-locked. However even 2D was unstable, so I then used RBE to drop the voltage to 1.125 (Gigabyte default). Then 2D was fine, but I couldn't run 3DMark because "display driver stopped working..".

So my theory is that the Asus bios has higher mem voltage or something and that my card can't handle it. Is there any way to drop the mem voltage with a hex editor or something? I think that might actually work.

When I edit Gigabyte's original bios voltages, the GPU just stays at 1.125 even if I put higher values in RBE.

Edit: The Gigabyte default bios also has "clock mode 0" (boot) which has voltage 1.2, but it's never used in Windows. Any way to force that mode to be used?

System Name Sn@k3
Processor AMD FX-4100 3.6 GHz@4.5GHz
Motherboard GA-78LMT-S2P REV. 5.0
Cooling AMD Stock Cooler
Memory AMD 4GB DDR3 1333MHz@1566MHz
Video Card(s) Sapphire HD 6770 1GB GDDR5 Oc'd 960MHz/1295MHz
Storage Samsung HD502HJ 500GB
Display(s) LG Flatron W1943S 18.5"
Case Standard Case
Audio Device(s) Onboard ALC 887@888B-Modded with X-FI, Dolby and DTS
Power Supply Corsair CX 430V2 430 Watts
Software Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 x64
I've tried pretty much everything to get control of the GPU voltage. I almost gave up but today I tried to flash an Asus Radeon HD 6770 bios. GPU-Z showed for a while that the GPU was running at 1.2 V which means that the voltage is not hardware-locked. However even 2D was unstable, so I then used RBE to drop the voltage to 1.125 (Gigabyte default). Then 2D was fine, but I couldn't run 3DMark because "display driver stopped working..".

So my theory is that the Asus bios has higher mem voltage or something and that my card can't handle it. Is there any way to drop the mem voltage with a hex editor or something? I think that might actually work.

When I edit Gigabyte's original bios voltages, the GPU just stays at 1.125 even if I put higher values in RBE.

Edit: The Gigabyte default bios also has "clock mode 0" (boot) which has voltage 1.2, but it's never used in Windows. Any way to force that mode to be used?

Man, have you edited the correct tab ?, this same occurred with, i figured out the error, it was this, anyway, Could you pass for us the bios that you're using ?

ksatta

I actually ended up sending it to warranty and switching to an Asus card. Games occasionally froze with the "vertical stripes"-issue that other amd cards have also had in the past.

The voltage increase would've probably fixed it but then I just gave up.

If someone still has this card, you could be in touch with johnslash and combine forces :)

System Name Sn@k3
Processor AMD FX-4100 3.6 GHz@4.5GHz
Motherboard GA-78LMT-S2P REV. 5.0
Cooling AMD Stock Cooler
Memory AMD 4GB DDR3 1333MHz@1566MHz
Video Card(s) Sapphire HD 6770 1GB GDDR5 Oc'd 960MHz/1295MHz
Storage Samsung HD502HJ 500GB
Display(s) LG Flatron W1943S 18.5"
Case Standard Case
Audio Device(s) Onboard ALC 887@888B-Modded with X-FI, Dolby and DTS
Power Supply Corsair CX 430V2 430 Watts
Software Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 x64
I actually ended up sending it to warranty and switching to an Asus card. Games occasionally froze with the "vertical stripes"-issue that other amd cards have also had in the past.

The voltage increase would've probably fixed it but then I just gave up.

If someone still has this card, you could be in touch with johnslash and combine forces :)

Alright guy, that's, is really that, if someone has this card, we could combine forces, hahahahha