• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

GIGABYTE Releases Super-Compact GeForce GTX 960 WF2X Graphics Cards

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
GIGABYTE released a new super-compact dual-fan WindForce 2X VGA cooling solution, and launched a pair of GeForce GTX 960 graphics cards featuring it. The cooler allows the card to have a length of just 18.1 cm. These include the 4 GB N960OC-4GD and the 2 GB N960OC-2GD. Both cards come with factory-overclocked speeds of 1190 MHz core, and 1253 MHz GPU Boost (against reference clocks of 1127/1178 MHz), with 7.00 GHz memory. The cooling solution consists of a single 8 mm-thick copper heat pipe, which passes through the center of the heatsink base, projecting out in an "S" shape, and passing through two ends of an aluminium fin stack. It's ventilated by a pair of fans. The card draws power from a single 6-pin PCIe power connector. Display outputs include two dual-link DVI, and one each of HDMI 2.0 and DisplayPort 1.2.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

The external look as long as it is normal and decent does not matter, only the performance does.
True, but some people like to match it with the color scheme of other components of their computer.

I'm not saying the GPU is bad the way it is though.

The external look as long as it is normal and decent does not matter, only the performance does.

Of course the external looks matter. Did you just arrive at the PC building scene or are you trying to sound clever?

You know, people like me would pair this GPU with one of ASRock's anniversary boards(or any other decent blue colour scheme board for that matter) and some RAM with blue heatsinks. Generally speaking. Or maybe even go custom.
Yes, looks isn't everything, but to many people it matters.

Of course the external looks matter. Did you just arrive at the PC building scene or are you trying to sound clever?
It's like that, graphic card is going to be in the PC case and suddenly it doesn't become the main object in the case and as long as graphic card is not in glowing colour or in some else weird colour it doesn't matter how the hell does it look.
I do not care what the colour is as long it is ordinary but I do prefer that the colour is traditional (black or white). If graphic card was pink and if it was $50 cheaper than the models with normal colours then I would buy it.

Consumers have become to "womanish" when it comes to colour of PC components e.g. "I do not want to buy this because it is in a [insert colour you do not prefer] colour...".

Colours should be defined by productivity i.e. colour of PCB should be white because it is easier to see the electronic components on white PCB. Same thinking should go with the rest of the graphic card and other PC components and colour of the fan and chassis (of graphic card) should probably be white because it does not absorb light.

System Name $580 Ebay Deal Abomination
Processor Intel Xeon W3680 (3.33GHz 6-core)
Motherboard HP Z400
Cooling 92mm exhaust, 92mm intake
Memory 12GB ECC DDR3 (triple channel)
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 760
Storage 2x Crucial M500 240GB (RAID 0)
Display(s) BenQ XL2720Z
Case HP Z400
Audio Device(s) X-Fi Titanium HD
Power Supply HP Z400 (475W)
Mouse Razer DeathAdder
Keyboard Logitech Illuminated
Really? All this about the color? C'mon DIY crowd!

It would be one thing if the entire card were blue. Just cover the tiny blue strips with two pieces of electrical tape, then trim the edges with a razor and nobody would ever be able to tell!