• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

GIGABYTE Z490 AORUS ULTRA G2 Motherboard Released to Market

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
GIGABYTE TECHNOLOGY Co. Ltd, a leading manufacturer of motherboards and graphic cards, continuing the success co-branding their Z390 product line with G2 Esports, is launching the latest Z490 AORUS ULTRA G2 motherboard. In order to satisfy the high-performance low temperature needs of professional gaming teams, the Z490 AORUS ULTRA G2 uses direct 12 phases digital power design and tantalum capacitor array, providing strong and stable power delivery and minimizing oscillation, bringing you the 10th gen Intel Core i9-10900K excellent high-class processor.

Daisy Chain memory routing and anti-interference design deliver improved memory overclocking and stability. As for Fins-Array II, Direct-Touch Heatpipe II and 7.5 W/mK LAIRD thermal conductivity pad alongside G2 Esports optimizations, we bring you an improved efficacy stabled user experience. In addition to ESSential USB DAC's vocal cohesion and immersive sound, it makes the Z490 AORUS ULTRA G2 Motherboard a must have for every pro player, even more so the best pick for any gamer at home assembling their own gaming PC.

GIGABYTE engineer's kept close in communication and collaboration with the G2 staff. Tested by multiple samurais using the Z490 AORUS ULTRA G2 Motherboard assembled device, after many discussions and adjustments, the making of Z490 AORUS ULTRA G2 motherboard has been brought to life with guarantees by the professional gaming team! All the samurais gave positive feedback regarding Z490 AORUS ULTRA G2's low temperature and stability that the Direct 12 Phases Digital Power Design and Tantalum Capacitor array, Fins-Array, advanced thermal and M.2 thermal offers.

Meanwhile, the latest memory routing and anti-interference design reaching DDR4 XMP 5000 high performance left G2 Esports in awe. In addition, the motherboard built-in 2.5 GbE fast-speed internet and Intel WiFi 6 802.11ax wireless internet are both equally excellent. While using PCIe 4.0 design, it undoubtedly lets the Z490 AORUS ULTRA G2 sit among other high quality AORUS motherboards and bring both pro players and gamers the ultimate experience of a top-quality motherboard product tailor made for professional teams.

What's worth mentioning is G2 Esports specifically emphasized the importance of audio. They hoped for GIGABYTE AORUS to improve the audio on motherboards, in particular for competitive gaming the most common front audio panel, which is one of the most important areas they were focused on. Because when you are in a competition and there is unnecessary noise disrupting or unclear reception, it can easily cause the team to be out of sync resulting in mistakes. Due to this, GIGABYTE AORUS ULTRA G2 particularly comes with a Type C interface ESSential USD DAC, through the built-in ESS SABRE HiFi ES9280C PRO high-end audio transfer chip. This lets G2 Esports pro players the freedom to not settle for the audio loss caused by routing inside the case, all they need to do is connect their headset to the ESSential USB DAC to immediately enjoy the USB DAC to 3.5 mm audio output. The ESSential USB DAC can also support the USB Type C interface on laptops, Android cellphones, and pad…etc. devices, making it even more flexible and useful. Addition to the motherboard adopted ALC1220-VB audio codec paired with WIMA FKP2 recording studio level capacitor provides the best audio. Doesn't matter if you are a pro gamer from G2 Esports connecting the headset to ESSential USB DAC or using the rear I/O panel can provide you the same audio level of a recording studio, giving you an immersive audio experience.

"Truly happy to work with a top gaming organization G2 Esports again. Together insisting on the core value of professionalism, hand in hand striving with the idea to bring innovation into Esports," said Jackson Hsu, Director of the GIGABYTE Channel Solutions Product Development Division. Jackson also said "Continuing our previous success, GIGABYTE and G2 Esports once again launches the Z490 AORUS ULTRA G2 Motherboard. Not only does it meet the high-efficient, stable, low temperature, and high audio quality standards of a pro team but it also verifies the dedication of GIGABYTE'S roots in Esports and definition of a high-quality competitive gaming motherboard. Furthermore, gamers experiencing the high-end equipment will feel as if they are alongside the pro players fighting the enemy!"

GIGABYTE Z490 AORUS ULTRA G2 Motherboard carries many functions and uses the GIGABYTE acclaimed ultra durable technology, to extend the lifespan as the main priority, using hybrid, digital and smart fan design to achieve a low temperature effect. Players can use this platform to experience AORUS support and its unique functions. For a better experience, GIGABYTE AORUS motherboard is definitely the best option for high-end competitive gaming PC.

For more information, visit the product page.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Processor i7-4790K 4.6GHz @1.29v
Motherboard ASUS Maximus Hero VII Z97
Cooling Noctua NH-U14S
Memory G. Skill Trident X 2x8GB 2133MHz
Video Card(s) Asus Tuf RTX 3060 V1 FHR (Newegg Shuffle)
Storage OS 120GB Kingston V300, Samsung 850 Pro 512GB , 3TB Hitachi HDD, 2x5TB Toshiba X300, 500GB M.2 @ x2
Display(s) Lenovo y27g 1080p 144Hz
Case Fractal Design Define R4
Audio Device(s) AKG Q701's w/ O2+ODAC (Sounds a little bright)
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 850w
Mouse Glorious Model D
Keyboard Rosewill Full Size. Red Switches. Blue Leds. RK-9100xBRE - Hate this. way to big
Software Win10
Benchmark Scores 3DMark FireStrike Score : needs updating
Is this REALLY the best motherboard for any gamer at home building their own or is that just copy paste marketing?

Cause the way it's written seems like TPU agrees it is indeed the best motherboard choice. But Im pretty sure there hasn't been a review of any of the Z490 Gigabyte boards... just leaves a bad taste in my mouth

System Name Black Box
Processor Intel Xeon E3-1260L v5
Motherboard MSI E3 KRAIT Gaming v5
Cooling Tt tower + 120mm Tt fan
Memory G.Skill 16GB 3600 C18
Video Card(s) Asus GTX 970 Mini
Storage Kingston A2000 512Gb NVME
Display(s) AOC 24" Freesync 1m.s. 75Hz
Case Corsair 450D High Air Flow.
Audio Device(s) No need.
Power Supply FSP Aurum 650W
Mouse Yes
Keyboard Of course
Software W10 Pro 64 bit
So much Hyperbole and unnecessary descriptive terms.
Can marketing ever release something solely based on facts?

"bringing you the 10th gen Intel Core i9-10900K excellent high-class processor."
It might be worth paying up to $150 for this if the Processor is included. ;)

TheLostSwede

News Editor
System Name Overlord Mk MLI
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 SE with offsets
Memory 32GB Team T-Create Expert DDR5 6000 MHz @ CL30-34-34-68
Video Card(s) Gainward GeForce RTX 4080 Phantom GS
Storage 1TB Solidigm P44 Pro, 2 TB Corsair MP600 Pro, 2TB Kingston KC3000
Display(s) Acer XV272K LVbmiipruzx 4K@160Hz
Case Fractal Design Torrent Compact
Audio Device(s) Corsair Virtuoso SE
Power Supply be quiet! Pure Power 12 M 850 W
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Keyboard Corsair K70 Max
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores https://valid.x86.fr/5za05v
Is this REALLY the best motherboard for any gamer at home building their own or is that just copy paste marketing?

Cause the way it's written seems like TPU agrees it is indeed the best motherboard choice. But Im pretty sure there hasn't been a review of any of the Z490 Gigabyte boards... just leaves a bad taste in my mouth
It's a press release as noted at the very first of the post, not something TPU has written.

Processor i7-4790K 4.6GHz @1.29v
Motherboard ASUS Maximus Hero VII Z97
Cooling Noctua NH-U14S
Memory G. Skill Trident X 2x8GB 2133MHz
Video Card(s) Asus Tuf RTX 3060 V1 FHR (Newegg Shuffle)
Storage OS 120GB Kingston V300, Samsung 850 Pro 512GB , 3TB Hitachi HDD, 2x5TB Toshiba X300, 500GB M.2 @ x2
Display(s) Lenovo y27g 1080p 144Hz
Case Fractal Design Define R4
Audio Device(s) AKG Q701's w/ O2+ODAC (Sounds a little bright)
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 850w
Mouse Glorious Model D
Keyboard Rosewill Full Size. Red Switches. Blue Leds. RK-9100xBRE - Hate this. way to big
Software Win10
Benchmark Scores 3DMark FireStrike Score : needs updating
It's a press release as noted at the very first of the post, not something TPU has written.
That's fine and all I just think those little tidbits should be left out. Especially if they're not based on proven tests and are just unbased marketing hype.

When I read something like this I expect TPU to have published factual information and not marketing opinions of corporations that TPU themselves wouldn't stand by. If they haven't even used the product how could anyone leave that in there? That it's the absolute best at this certain thing even though we've never seen it do said certain thing. Are they not allowed to post it if they edit it or something?

System Name BloodRage
Processor R5 2600X PBO enabled
Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus B450 Elite
Cooling Arctic Esports Duo
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance 3000
Video Card(s) MSI VENTUS OC 2060 Super
Storage 120GB PNY SATA + 1TB WD Blue M.2
Display(s) Samsung CRG5 144hz QD
Case CiT cheap chassis
Audio Device(s) Creative Audigy FX
Power Supply Superflower Leadex III Gold 650w
Mouse Razer Basilisk
Keyboard Red Dragon Kumara
Software Win 10
Other than the marketing, looks a nice board.

System Name R2V2 *In Progress
Processor Ryzen 7 2700
Motherboard Asrock X570 Taichi
Cooling W2A... water to air
Memory G.Skill Trident Z3466 B-die
Video Card(s) Radeon VII repaired and resurrected
Storage Adata and Samsung NVME
Display(s) Samsung LCD
Case Some ThermalTake
Audio Device(s) Asus Strix RAID DLX upgraded op amps
Power Supply Seasonic Prime something or other
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
That's fine and all I just think those little tidbits should be left out. Especially if they're not based on proven tests and are just unbased marketing hype.

When I read something like this I expect TPU to have published factual information and not marketing opinions of corporations that TPU themselves wouldn't stand by. If they haven't even used the product how could anyone leave that in there? That it's the absolute best at this certain thing even though we've never seen it do said certain thing. Are they not allowed to post it if they edit it or something?

They likely aren't. As it's a press release direct from Gigabyte.

Processor AMD Ryzen 3700x
Motherboard asus ROG Strix B-350I Gaming
Cooling Deepcool LS520 SE
Memory crucial ballistix 32Gb DDR4
Video Card(s) RTX 3070 FE
Storage WD sn550 1To/WD ssd sata 1To /WD black sn750 1To/Seagate 2To/WD book 4 To back-up
Display(s) LG GL850
Case Dan A4 H2O
Audio Device(s) sennheiser HD58X
Power Supply Corsair SF600
Mouse MX master 3
Keyboard Master Key Mx
Software win 11 pro
So much Hyperbole and unnecessary descriptive terms.
Can marketing ever release something solely based on facts?

"bringing you the 10th gen Intel Core i9-10900K excellent high-class processor."
It might be worth paying up to $150 for this if the Processor is included. ;)
For a consumer product, and at a time where (beside the included usb c dac) what this motherboard do, lots of motherboard on the market can do, there's is no really a point. Purely technical communication does exist, but it's only used when the specifications of a product give it a clear advantage over the competition. Now that the cpu does nearly everything, the motherboard market is too standardized (same intel nic, same intel wifi 6, same realtek 1220) to not try and play on the brand image.

Beside, that motherboard is just a special edition of the regular aorus ultra, so there's definitely an emotional aspect involved. If you are not a fan of the G2 esport club, then this product wasn't meant for you. Just get the regular Ultra.
G2.jpg

System Name PC.
Processor i7 2600K 5.0Gh,i7 3770K 5.00Gh. EK, Liqed Coooleng
Motherboard P67A-UD7-B3 Gigabyte T.,ASUS,P8Z77-V PREMIUM,MAXIMUS V EXTRIME..
Cooling Liqed Cooleng ,EK Suprime LTX Nickel,EK for Motherboard,Aqua computer (WGA), Thermaltake .... 0i,
Memory G.SKILL F3-17600CL7-2GBPISG. 16GBSkill Sniper F3-17000CL94GBSR on 2400Hz 10-12-11-29 1
Video Card(s) GTX590 ,SLI ,POV TGT best 691Hz ,LiqedCoold,GTX480.....GTX1080MSI SeaHawkEK SLI
Storage OCZ-REVODRIVE 3-240GB,2xCrucialMX100.512.R-0,1x LMT-32L3m,3x 1TB-WD,1x;1x2TbSEAGATE1x2Tb Seagate
Display(s) DELL-U2412Mb,Samsung Synkmaster245B,HP ENVY 34c
Case Thermaltake, NZXT SWITCH 810SE
Audio Device(s) CREATIVE BLASTER X-Fi Titanium HD , AUNE T1MK2 TUBE USB
Power Supply ENERMAX Platimax 1500W,Thermaltake 1500W
Mouse VIPER V560,FUNC MS-3, Prestigio, R.A.T.E.7 and 5,LogitechG502,RAZER,Inperator.,dead...a.s.o.
Keyboard Trust ....LogotechG410
Software Windows7 64....
Benchmark Scores 3DMark Fire Strike 21.385 (37.234,11.828,7.176)
Visually it is a beautiful model. That they had to add a USB audio decoder for HI RES is normal, but I did not find information about which model it is, only the manufacturer is mentioned. The 96Kh 24 bit decoder is the start of HI RES products and doesn't sound as good as 192kh at 32 bit, It looks nice and you can connect it to an external device with a USB output, which I really like. With us, AORUS Ultra is offered for at least € 349 and Master for € 400, which is not a small amount. The change looks nice.

System Name Black Box
Processor Intel Xeon E3-1260L v5
Motherboard MSI E3 KRAIT Gaming v5
Cooling Tt tower + 120mm Tt fan
Memory G.Skill 16GB 3600 C18
Video Card(s) Asus GTX 970 Mini
Storage Kingston A2000 512Gb NVME
Display(s) AOC 24" Freesync 1m.s. 75Hz
Case Corsair 450D High Air Flow.
Audio Device(s) No need.
Power Supply FSP Aurum 650W
Mouse Yes
Keyboard Of course
Software W10 Pro 64 bit
that motherboard is just a special edition of the regular aorus ultra, so there's definitely an emotional aspect involved. If you are not a fan of the G2 esport club, then this product wasn't meant for you. Just get the regular Ultra.
View attachment 157478
Hmmm, Transformers or a screaming chicken on the board, decisions, decisions. :D

System Name R2V2 *In Progress
Processor Ryzen 7 2700
Motherboard Asrock X570 Taichi
Cooling W2A... water to air
Memory G.Skill Trident Z3466 B-die
Video Card(s) Radeon VII repaired and resurrected
Storage Adata and Samsung NVME
Display(s) Samsung LCD
Case Some ThermalTake
Audio Device(s) Asus Strix RAID DLX upgraded op amps
Power Supply Seasonic Prime something or other
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
Hmmm, Transformers or a screaming chicken on the board, decisions, decisions. :D

I like the splash of colour on the G2 board.

System Name Megaporto
Processor i7-8700
Motherboard MSI H310M Pro-D
Cooling Xilence I250PWM
Memory 2 x 8 GB Crucial DDR4-2400 MHz @ 2666 MHz / ID: CT8G4DFS824A.C8FE
Video Card(s) KFA2 RTX 2080 Super EX ("Galax" being named KFA2 in EU) @+70MHz Core / +1400 MHz mem
Storage SSD_1: ADATA SU800 256 GB / SSD_2: Samsung 860 QVO 1 TB / HDD_1: Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB
Display(s) BenQ EL2870U / 4K / 60 Hz / TN
Case Intertech Q2 Illuminator Blue (modified by Megaport: +branding / +red instead of blue fans)
Audio Device(s) Bose Companion Series III
Power Supply Corsair CX750M
Mouse Hama Mirano (Black)
Keyboard VicTsing Model PC116A
Benchmark Scores 3D Mark Time Spy: 10827 total / 11885 GPU / 7198 CPU Cinebench R20 (multi / single) : 3405 / 456
This actually gives me nostalgic vibes of when Linus used to unbox G2 Gigabyte Boards