1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Giveaway: "Sniper Elite 3"

Discussion in 'Games' started by manofthem, Jun 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. manofthem

manofthem WCG-TPU Team All-Star!

Thanks Received:
    [​IMG]

Winner.....

@RCoon
    :toast: :toast: :toast:

I had originally planned to start this earlier and have it end on the day of release, which is Friday I believe, but plans have changed slightly due to circumstances and colon issues beyond my control :laugh:

So either way, here we are! :roll:

How To Enter: I love the Sniper Elite series, including the Nazi Zombie Army games, and I would fancy to hear some stories about the game. Post your favorite story, experience, game-play, head shot, wild time, LAN party fun, anything like that about the series. If you haven't played it yet, post what excites you most about SE3!. :D

Requirements: TPU member since June 1, 2014, Steam, posts, thanks, blah blah blah :roll:

Closing Time: Let's give it a few days ;)

Random Drawing: Random.org's List Organizer :)

Here we go guys, have at it. :toast: :toast:

:lovetpu:

Last edited: Jun 29, 2014
    Bo$$, erixx, CrackerJack and 14 others say thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU More than 25k PPD
  2. MxPhenom 216

MxPhenom 216 Corsair Fanboy

Thanks Received:
    Totally in!

I started playing the 2nd one randomly when I got it during a Steam sale, and then when they announced the Nazi Zombie Army expansions I was hooked. It is so entertaining seeing it go into slow-mo and watching the bullet impact the body internals. Not really sure what else too put, I haven't done much of the single player for the 1st one. I never quite sat down for a good period of time to take advantage of everything you can do in the game. But I am stoked to put a bullet in between the eyes of Hitler in the 3rd one, lets just keep it at that!

3. Scrizz

Scrizz

Thanks Received:
    My first day playing Sniper elite I fell in love.
    The bullet cam is awesome!!!!

that's my fav part.
    here's a vid of me on the first day.

manofthem says thanks.
  4. Frag Maniac

Frag Maniac

Thanks Received:
    My first experience with the series was just recently with Sniper Elite V2. I'd first passed it off as what appeared to be a value game, but it's really quite engaging. There's just something about seeing your high grain cartridge in slow mo penetrating a spleen, heart, or brain, or shattering a femur. It's also quite fun to shoot belt worn grenades and take out a few troops with one shot.

The stealth aspect is pretty good, and it often forces you to really plan which order to snipe enemies. There are moments of heart pounding adrenaline when you're on a rooftop desperately trying to find an enemy sniper and avoid his fire while attempting to take him out.

What really intrigued me though was Kill Tally. It's a mode added onto sp where you have to defend an area against numerous waves of enemies. For this you really need to plan how to use your mines and trip wires, but restocking in between waves can be vital too.

Really looking forward to Sniper Elite III!

5. Ahhzz

Ahhzz

Thanks Received:
    Have Sniper V2, never actually installed it. Going to download and give it a whirl tonite :) Thanks for the giveaway, yet another outstanding one from MoT :) *cheers*

manofthem says thanks.
  6. rooivalk

rooivalk

Thanks Received:
    Dunno if I'm qualified, but thanks anyway for the giveaway.

SE1 : My first entry into the series, the most memorable moment is always the single bullet to kill a T-34! or maybe the 4 in 1 shot in front of Brandenburg Gate or the tripwire ambush mission (prevent some kind of soviet runners using sidecar) or using bomb/artillery sound to cover sniper shot. Awesome. The multiplayer sadly always turn into Machine Gun Elite and Grenade Spam Elite if you didn't adjust the setting. Once I was camping in a barrack, ready to shot anybody entering the door, but even though footstep and bullet sound travelling near me, nobody comes for 45 minutes! my eyes really hurt that day for nothing.
    SE2 : It feels like glorified SE1, nothing special for me except new campaign. I also don't like the x-ray bullet cam, feels tasteless. The last level was awesome though.
    SE NZA 1 & 2: It's really fun with friends! it just too short, 8 hours for NZA1 and 4 hours for NZA2 are way too short! The dynamite remote kill is really superb in boss level.

manofthem says thanks.
  7. RCoon

RCoon Gaming Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    ME GUSTA! Totally in for this one, what a giveaway!

My favourite part of Sniper Elite 1 was when I first started a mission, first time I ever played the game, and shot my rifle accidentally for the first time ever, and then it went into bullet cam mode. I watched the bullet travel halfway across the map, and then proceed to give a man a bullet-colonoscopy. From then on I proclaimed it was the greatest sniper game in existence.

(let's be honest, Sniper Ghost Warrior is the only other one, and that's pretty shockingly bad...)

I've never been so proud in my life. I should have been a sharpshooter all along.

manofthem says thanks.
  8. z1tu

z1tu

Thanks Received:
    OH MY GOD THIS IS SO AWESOME! I am so IN!

I am replaying Sniper Elite V2 on hard mode right now. Best shot I had was a double kill, the bullet went through the first guy's head than spinned out and hit the other guy behind him in the eye! Eye kills are awesome! Also it's very satisfying when you hit them in the 'nads. :roll: I love being stealthy and shooting them with the Wellrod but sometimes I don't have the patience and start sniping everyone :laugh: I haven't played the zombie ones yet but I do want to in the very near future.

Thanks so much for the giveaway, you are the best!

manofthem says thanks.
  9. night.fox

night.fox

Thanks Received:
    Count me in Man :toast:

I like the game. Shooting with sniper. I havent finish the V2 and Zombie. but getting in there. Would be nice to have the Sniper 3 of course :clap:. But what excites me about the game series is trying to shoot them in the head for a one shot kill :rockout:

10. erixx

erixx

Thanks Received:
    Vamos vamos vamos! LOL
    I have all sniper games, including this series, the "other", lol, and some older stuff back to Delta Force 1.
    The voices of the Germans searching you are both hilarious and terrfiying.

11. GLD

GLD

Thanks Received:
    OH FOOK! SE3 is near but the $ isn't.

I played through SE V2 on the hardest and loved every minute of it.

My fav. was scoping in on the rocket and sending back to the earth from which it came! Oh the collateral damage was sweet!

I would like to throw my hat in to the ring for the SE3 drawing.

:slap:

10 Year Member at TPU
  12. raptori

Thanks Received:
    I don't have any sniper elite not 1 and not 2 ,and I'd like to try the 3rd ,thanks.

13. JTristam

Thanks Received:
    I'm in.

My first moving (dynamic?) headshot was scored by... well, you people already played V2 right? So I won't spoil nothing here, I hope. There was this mission - I forgot the name, but it was the last level/mission - where I must deal with the Nazi officer trying to escape in a car. Sniping someone in the head was always a walk in the park for me... when the target was standing idle in a spot. Sniping someone driving a car like a paranoid is something else. So I was trying so hard to calculate everything from movement to distance to lining up my crosshair, hoping that I could score the last and final headshot (my previous killing shots to my targets were all headshots so that one must be too). The problem was I couldn't decide if I should click now or wait for a few seconds. I was in serious doubt I didn't know if I was going to make it or not. The time's ticking and the target's getting away. I was so glued to my monitor until suddenly I heard my dog barking so loud when he cheerfully landed his snout and front legs on top of my right hand and my mouse pad. I accidentally clicked, jumped a bit and screamed high pitch in panic like a lass when I saw the bullet's started flying in slo-mo. I was so shocked and angry I spent the next seconds yelling at my dog (why you bloody mutt @%^&#$%, etc, etc, etc) which at that moment were staring at me confusedly, front legs still at my table. Few seconds later, still furious, I turned my head to my monitor only to watch the moment when my bullet punctured the Nazi officer's cranium gracefully in slow-mo. The car flipped, he died, mission accomplished. I was petrified.

I hope I can see something like that again in SE3, preferably without a mutt interfering. So far I could only see gameplay footage and trailer from console version, but I'm excited to see how the so-called randomized feature and weapon/character customization in action AND how optimized the game will be. After all Mantle got its hands dirty on this one so I can only hope this won't be another shoddy console port. Really excited.

14. Ahhzz

Ahhzz

Thanks Received:
    Enjoying the hell out of V2 this morning. I lined up a double headshot early on, and been looking for more ever since :) I think I'd like to enter up for this one, MoT. I could spend a lot of time sneaking across the map :)

15. Devon68

Devon68

Thanks Received:
    Thanks for this awesome giveaway. I cant get enough of the kill cam

manofthem says thanks.
  16. THE_EGG

THE_EGG

Thanks Received:
    Count me in please! Amazing giveaway.

Hmm well I can recount from Nazi Zombie Army 2 that I was watching the bullet cam and it rebounded off a guy's helmet and into a guy's jaw then travelled into another guy's rib cage bursting his lungs. Possibly the best moment for me in a shooter EVAR. I really hated those skeleton things though, annoying as hell. I have V2 as well and loved it. I never got to finish it though as I lost my saved game and I didn't back it up.

Also I came across this pic from Zombie Army 2 D: (I used a spoiler because of the gore, just in case there are any kids seeing this haha)
    [​IMG]

manofthem says thanks.
  17. Random Murderer

Random Murderer The Anti-Midas

Thanks Received:
    I'd like to enter.
    Sadly, never played any of the Sniper Elite titles, but seeing as how that's my favorite role in most online shooters, and I enjoy plinking IRL, it seems like this would be an enjoyable game. Stealth elements, moving from spot to spot with your pistol drawn in case someone charges you, compensating for wind and bullet drop, and counter-sniping before being spotted were what I enjoyed most when we had a small TPU group playing BF:BC2 online, so something similar with a full single-player experience based around those elements is really intriguing to me. Add to that the great graphics, that it's been a while since I played a good TPS, and the bad ass bullet-cam, and you've got a game that I want, lol.

And whether I win or not, thank you @manofthem for the giveaway!

manofthem and Ahhzz say thanks.
    10 Year Member at TPU
  18. OneMoar

OneMoar There is Always Moar

Thanks Received:
    count me in have the sudden urge to snipe me some nazi zombie

19. ne6togadno

ne6togadno

Thanks Received:
    thx for giveaway' i am totally in
    i have v2 but i havnt much time to play it. i have gone till 4th or 5th mission so far but i really enjoyed it. my favorite part is ding sound when bullet goes through the helmet. i have missed that i have to search for secret objects so i have reason to start it again and to improve my score (54 head shots from 75 kills :( )

20. Hilux SSRG

Hilux SSRG

Thanks Received:
    Add me!

I haven't played the series yet, but the desert locations of the third one look fun. Remind me a bit of Farcry2.

21. SKBARON

SKBARON

Thanks Received:
    Could I get a shot at it :D
    I started playing when V2 was for free on Steam and it immediately made an impression. The funniest moments so far were the ball shots :D.

22. brandonwh64

brandonwh64 Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!

Thanks Received:
    Im in, I remember how when we played nazi zombie how mail man would scream like a girl when he was getting over run by zombies.

ThE_MaD_ShOt and Random Murderer say thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  23. Random Murderer

Random Murderer The Anti-Midas

Thanks Received:
    Yep, he did that in L4D as well, lol. :roll:

10 Year Member at TPU
  24. erixx

erixx

Thanks Received:
    Preloading available NOW!!! : )

manofthem says thanks.
  25. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    I'm in. One of the funniest things I saw was Brandon64 kick in a door in Nazi Zombies and fill the room with bullets when there was like 20 Zombies over running him. We told him to wait and we would all go in but he was all Rambo that night. Brandon64 killed every last one of them before Reayth and I could get down the hall. When Reayth and asked him if thats how you do it (Brandon64 is an Iraq vet) he said "Hell yeah! Just kick the door in and let it flow" It may not sound funny when you type it out on a forum but, if you are ever on the TPU TS you know exactly how Brandon64 talks (kinda like me) and at that moment in time it was beyond "fitting". It was perfect and epic lulz ensued. We weren't fighting zombies anymore. We were a pack of rednecks blowing things up and blasting everything that moved. The poor zombies were just bystanders.

The rest of the night Brandon64 had point while Reayth and I just walked around collecting ammo and shooting the stranglers that Brandon64 missed. It was funny as hell the commentary and how hyped up everything was. One of the few times I wish I had fraps installed to film it.

(We were all drunk too)

You are thinking of Phenom.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2014