• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Glorious Model D-

pzogel

Reviewer
The Glorious Model D- is the smaller brother of the right-handed ergonomic Model D. As always, a low weight, PixArt's PMW3360 sensor, Omron switches for main buttons, rich RGB lighting, and extensive software customizability are on board, along with an improved physical construction.

Show full review

Processor I7 4790K
Motherboard ASUS Z97 Pro
Cooling Corsair H100i
Memory Corsair Platinum 16GB 3600Mhz
Video Card(s) Sapphire Nitro Fury
Storage PNY SSD 960 x2
Display(s) ASUS 4K
Case Corsair Obsidian 450D
Power Supply EVGA 1000 P2
Mouse Glorious Model O w/DreamCables paracord
Keyboard Ducky Sine 5 YOTG
Software Win 10 Pro
Great in depth review. TY TPU :rockout:

I got a Model D incoming, arriving tomorrow in delivery. If it's too big but if I like the shape, I'll know the D- will work.

System Name Bragging Rights
Processor Atom Z3735F 1.33GHz
Motherboard It has no markings but it's green
Cooling No, it's a 2.2W processor
Memory 2GB DDR3L-1333
Video Card(s) Gen7 Intel HD (4EU @ 311MHz)
Storage 32GB eMMC and 128GB Sandisk Extreme U3
Display(s) 10" IPS 1280x800 60Hz
Case Veddha T2
Audio Device(s) Apparently, yes
Power Supply Samsung 18W 5V fast-charger
Mouse MX Anywhere 2
Keyboard Logitech MX Keys (not Cherry MX at all)
VR HMD Samsung Oddyssey, not that I'd plug it into this though....
Software W10 21H1, barely
Benchmark Scores I once clocked a Celeron-300A to 564MHz on an Abit BE6 and it scored over 9000.
Noice.
I'm waiting for my G303 to die but Glorious Model D was at the top of my current shortlist for its eventual replacement.
I don't rest my palm on any mice so the smaller and lighter it is, the better, and I'm pleased with the 800 and 1600CPI tracking speeds too.

Space Lynx

Astronaut
If I were to measure my hand middle finger tip to bottom of hand, what would it measure if i were small handed? i really have no idea if im medium or small to be honest.

System Name Black Box
Processor Intel Xeon E3-1260L v5
Motherboard MSI E3 KRAIT Gaming v5
Cooling Tt tower + 120mm Tt fan
Memory G.Skill 16GB 3600 C18
Video Card(s) Asus GTX 970 Mini
Storage Kingston A2000 512Gb NVME
Display(s) AOC 24" Freesync 1m.s. 75Hz
Case Corsair 450D High Air Flow.
Audio Device(s) No need.
Power Supply FSP Aurum 650W
Mouse Yes
Keyboard Of course
Software W10 Pro 64 bit
If I were to measure my hand middle finger tip to bottom of hand, what would it measure if i were small handed? i really have no idea if im medium or small to be honest.
Considering that is said to equal the length of an erect Peni, do you really want to know if you are small? :roll:

Space Lynx

Astronaut
Considering that is said to equal the length of an erect Peni, do you really want to know if you are small? :roll:

i thought that was based on a different measurement? like the thumb or something? lol

pzogel

Reviewer
Below 17 cm would be what I'd classify as small, 18+ cm is medium. It's somewhat difficult to say though since finger length, hand width, and the general bulkiness of the hand all play a role here.

System Name Intel 2023
Processor Intel Core i5 13600KF
Motherboard Gigabyte B660M Aourus Pro
Cooling Custom water cooling loop
Memory 2x16gb Adata PC 3600
Video Card(s) AMD 6950XT
Storage 2TB Corsair MP600
Display(s) Nixeus 27 EDG
Case Phanteks P600
Audio Device(s) Topping DX3 Pro +
Power Supply Corsair RM850
Mouse Razer Basilisk
Keyboard Womier K87 with Tecsee Purple Panda switches
Software Win 11 Pro 64bit
Benchmark Scores Unfortunately no time anymore to benchmark....
I have a new D- in front of me and to be honest I was not that impressed with it out of the box compared to my Razer Mamba, which it replaced. It just does not feel as responsive at the same 1900 dpi that I work and play at. I went in to the settings and changes the debounce rate from default 10ms to 4ms. Perhaps this will make it feel snappier! I'll report back. The mouse shape is pretty good for my medium hand claw grip style and it is nice and light. Also it has by far the most flexible cable that I have ever seen on a mouse, so i guess its not all bad.

QuiKci

Will you be reviewing the model O wireless? because the BAMF sensor seems to be behaving quite odd for a lot of people, me included. And not a single reviewer is saying anything about it.

pzogel

Reviewer
Will you be reviewing the model O wireless? because the BAMF sensor seems to be behaving quite odd for a lot of people, me included. And not a single reviewer is saying anything about it.
The review is finished, however Glorious has requested some time to address issues outlined in the review. Once these issues are fixed, the review will be released.

System Name Bragging Rights
Processor Atom Z3735F 1.33GHz
Motherboard It has no markings but it's green
Cooling No, it's a 2.2W processor
Memory 2GB DDR3L-1333
Video Card(s) Gen7 Intel HD (4EU @ 311MHz)
Storage 32GB eMMC and 128GB Sandisk Extreme U3
Display(s) 10" IPS 1280x800 60Hz
Case Veddha T2
Audio Device(s) Apparently, yes
Power Supply Samsung 18W 5V fast-charger
Mouse MX Anywhere 2
Keyboard Logitech MX Keys (not Cherry MX at all)
VR HMD Samsung Oddyssey, not that I'd plug it into this though....
Software W10 21H1, barely
Benchmark Scores I once clocked a Celeron-300A to 564MHz on an Abit BE6 and it scored over 9000.
The review is finished, however Glorious has requested some time to address issues outlined in the review. Once these issues are fixed, the review will be released.
This is the sort of company we need more of.

"Hey, I have your <product name> review. I'm giving it 7/10 because <thing(s) I found to be negative aspect(s)>"

"No problem, thanks for the feedback. We can't fix everything because some things are set in stone at this point, but let us see if we can solve some of the issues you found."

System Name Intel 2023
Processor Intel Core i5 13600KF
Motherboard Gigabyte B660M Aourus Pro
Cooling Custom water cooling loop
Memory 2x16gb Adata PC 3600
Video Card(s) AMD 6950XT
Storage 2TB Corsair MP600
Display(s) Nixeus 27 EDG
Case Phanteks P600
Audio Device(s) Topping DX3 Pro +
Power Supply Corsair RM850
Mouse Razer Basilisk
Keyboard Womier K87 with Tecsee Purple Panda switches
Software Win 11 Pro 64bit
Benchmark Scores Unfortunately no time anymore to benchmark....
Just to update, the mouse no longer works, the right mouse button is stuck! Not very impressed. Support have sent me a new mouse that appears to be working fine, however not sure if the reduction in mass for these lightweight mice results in a mouse that cant take everyday use!

QuiKci

Do you have any knowlage of how long will it take? Because I'd really like to know if the issues with the mouse can be fixed with a software update, or if it is the sensor it self that is in fault, before the return window closes for my mouse.

pzogel

Reviewer
Do you have any knowlage of how long will it take? Because I'd really like to know if the issues with the mouse can be fixed with a software update, or if it is the sensor it self that is in fault, before the return window closes for my mouse.
Don't expect anything to happen before 2021. Most issues should indeed be fixable through soft and firmware updates.

Does anyone with the Model D get a Windows Device connected chime on a Restart? I don't get them on a cold boot, only on a restart, and on the USB 3.0 port, not on USB 2.0.

QuiKci

Don't expect anything to happen before 2021. Most issues should indeed be fixable through soft and firmware updates.
Sens, you already have the model o wireless, can you tell if you have any issues with the sensor in your piece? Because I'm having quite bad ''dead zone'' tracking issues, and it seems that I'm not the only one, and not a single reviewer has mentioned the same issue.

pzogel

Reviewer
Sens, you already have the model o wireless, can you tell if you have any issues with the sensor in your piece? Because I'm having quite bad ''dead zone'' tracking issues, and it seems that I'm not the only one, and not a single reviewer has mentioned the same issue.
The review is finished now and will go live soon.