• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Glorious Model O-

pzogel

Reviewer
Describing the Glorious Model O- is rather simple: it is the Model O, just sized down. As a consequence, the weight has come down to 58 g, but everything else that made the Model O a success has remained the same: PMW3360 sensor, Omron switches rated for 20 million clicks, a flexible cable, and high quality mouse feet.

Show full review

Thanks for the review.
I'm using this comment to tell how im disappointed of Glorious model O series' pricing and availability is in some places.
Amazon US's selection is priced extremely high, almost 100$ at times.

I really wish for better pricing in this region.

System Name Batman's CaseLabs Mercury S8 Work Computer
Processor 8086K 5.3Ghz binned delidded by Siliconlottery.com 5.5Ghz 6c12t 5.6Ghz 6c6t on ambient air
Motherboard EVGA Z390 DARK
Cooling Noctua C14S for all overclocking so far Noctua Industrial PWM fan 2000rpm rated (700rpm inaudible)
Memory Gskill Trident Z Royal Silver F4-4600C18D-16GTRS running at 4500Mhz 17-17-17-37 (new mem OC) : )
Video Card(s) AMD WX 4100 Workstation Card (AMD W5400 7nm workstation card coming soon)
Storage Intel Optane 900P 280GB PCIe card as Primary OS drive / (4) Samsung 860Pro 256GB SATA internal
Display(s) Planar 27in 2560x1440 Glossy LG panel with glass bonded to panel for increased clarity
Case CaseLabs Mercury S8 open bench chassis two-tone black front cover with gunmetal frame
Audio Device(s) Creative $25 2.1 speakers lol
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Titanium 700watt fanless
Mouse Logitech MX Master 3 graphite / Glorious Model D matte black / Razer Invicta mousing mat gunmetal
Keyboard HHKB Hybrid Type-S black printed keycaps
Software Work Apps text and statistical
Benchmark Scores Single Thread scores at 5.6Ghz: Cinebench R15 ST - 249 CPU-Z ST - 676 PassMark CPU ST - 3389
Outstanding Review! :clap:

@dj-electric $100? Paying only $49 for the Model D...

Have the Model D ergo sku in matte black reserved at $5 for launch sometime - any day now.

Needed a new wired mouse mostly for bios tweaking and overclocking profiles, where a wireless MX Master 3 just doesn't cut it.

These Glorious mice sound so good on paper, same price as the boring ROG mouse I have now, so cool, gonna set up the lighting in solid static soothing blue. Ahhhhhh so soothing. :p

Waiting for Glorious PC to email so can complete the purchase, and receive a new Christmas mouse. :)

xmas07_grande.jpg

blue lighting.jpg

Last edited:
I would buy one if it had a built-in fan of sorts, even if it's an extra 10 USD on top. I've got a few friends and relatives with naturally sweaty palms who would definitely love a "gaming level" mouse with a small fan. Same group who bought Nyko AirFlo products when they were a thing.

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
Outstanding Review! :clap:

@dj-electric $100? Paying only $49 for the Model D...

Have the Model D ergo sku in matte black reserved at $5 for launch sometime - any day now.

Needed a new wired mouse mostly for bios tweaking and overclocking profiles, where a wireless MX Master 3 just doesn't cut it.

These Glorious mice sound so good on paper, same price as the boring ROG mouse I have now, so cool, gonna set up the lighting in solid static soothing blue. Ahhhhhh so soothing. :p

Waiting for Glorious PC to email so can complete the purchase, and receive a new Christmas mouse. :)

View attachment 139538
View attachment 139539

Looks neat, that.

Me I'm still wondering why this product received such hype. :)

I would buy one if it had a built-in fan of sorts, even if it's an extra 10 USD on top. I've got a few friends and relatives with naturally sweaty palms who would definitely love a "gaming level" mouse with a small fan. Same group who bought Nyko AirFlo products when they were a thing.

Then you would have a light vibration in the mouse, right under your palm. I doubt that's helpful...

Processor Ryzen 3700X
Motherboard MSI x570 Gaming Plus
Cooling Corsair H115i
Memory G.Skill Trident Z 3600MHz 16GB
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Radeon RX 5700 XT OC
Storage 1TB HP EX920 NVMe M.2, 500GB Samsung 850 Evo, Seagate 4TB, Seagate 8TB
Display(s) 27″ LG 27GL850-B 1ms 144hz, 1440p
Case Fractal Meshify C Dark TG
Audio Device(s) Micca MB42X Speakers, SMSL AD18 DAC/AMP
Power Supply Corsair RM850i
Mouse Logitech G Pro Wireless
Keyboard Hyper X Alloy Tenkeyless
The Model O's are best reviewed after 2-3 weeks of use. They shine when they are brand new, they have everything, but start to show their QC issues pretty quickly.

Shake the mouse after every 2 scroll notches, all 3 of my Model O's (which have all been returned/refunded for issues) had a rattle in a sweet spot of the scroll wheel.

System Name Miami
Processor Ryzen 3800X
Motherboard Asus Crosshair VII Formula
Cooling Ek Velocity/ 2x 280mm Radiators/ Alphacool fullcover
Memory F4-3600C16Q-32GTZNC
Video Card(s) XFX 6900 XT Speedster 0
Storage 1TB WD M.2 SSD/ 2TB WD SN750/ 4TB WD Black HDD
Display(s) DELL AW3420DW / HP ZR24w
Case Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL
Audio Device(s) EVGA Nu Audio
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Gold 1000W+750W
Mouse Corsair Scimitar/Glorious Model O-
Keyboard Corsair K95 Platinum
Software Windows 10 Pro
Thanks for the review.
I'm using this comment to tell how im disappointed of Glorious model O series' pricing and availability is in some places.
Amazon US's selection is priced extremely high, almost 100$ at times.

I really wish for better pricing in this region.

Your disappointment is misdirected the ones charging $100 are third party resellers, who are probably buying the mice for $50 and reselling them for double.

Your disappointment is misdirected the ones charging $100 are third party resellers, who are probably buying the mice for $50 and reselling them for double.
A part of the problem is not having Amazon themselves selling it, basically only giving ground to those greedy resellers.

I really wish i could pick a model O, since Logitech doesn't make one :)
Looking at Amazon UK, its priced at 45 GBP, that's 60 USD. I really wish it was a bit cheaper. There is competition.

Then you would have a light vibration in the mouse, right under your palm. I doubt that's helpful...

Simple vibration dampening methods exist, and the fan could have a simple voltage control wheel discreetly integrated to control the fan speed. Granted, it's a niche market, although there is the fact that these skeletal frame mice have become more popular both for lightness as well as some passive ventilation for palms.

A part of the problem is not having Amazon themselves selling it, basically only giving ground to those greedy resellers.

I really wish i could pick a model O, since Logitech doesn't make one :)
Looking at Amazon UK, its priced at 45 GBP, that's 60 USD. I really wish it was a bit cheaper. There is competition.
As someone with experience selling on Amazon, you should be more thankful they DON'T have it, as Amazon's cut is considerable (15% of the total value of the sale) and would only inflate the RRP to compensate. They're no less greedy than the resellers, they just do it further up the chain.

Considering you can buy the mouse, shipped to the UK, for £43.20 right now from their own website, and it'll ship as soon as the company themselves have stock, rather than waiting for it to be produced and then distributed further afield to Amazon's warehouses, I'd *much* rather give my money directly to the company.

Simple vibration dampening methods exist, and the fan could have a simple voltage control wheel discreetly integrated to control the fan speed. Granted, it's a niche market, although there is the fact that these skeletal frame mice have become more popular both for lightness as well as some passive ventilation for palms.
Firstly, there've been mice with fans on before, and they add noticable weight to the mouse to start with. Secondly, the fans are typically way too small to produce the amount of airflow required to really help with the basic problem.

Thirdly, vibration really doesn't work the way you think it does here. Imagine holding a gamepad while the vibration function is active. You wouldn't be able to hold it perfectly still, and if you moved it around, it wouldn't follow a straight line either.

Sure, if you decoupled the motors from the pad's frame, you'd feel less vibration, but the problem with that is that to *effectively* decouple it, you basically need to place the motor on the end of a spring, (Or foam, which acts as a spring in this example) so that the vibrations simply compress or stretch the spring instead of moving the chassis. That requires space to place a spring or foam in, and takes space that inside of a mouse chassis (especially a small one) you simply don't have. There's nowhere to put the amount of foam that would be necessary to make the vibration completely undetectable to the user.

Additionally, even if there were, the foam would block the airflow anyway, making the entire exercise pointless. You're *far* better off just pointing a desk fan at your mousepad on low. It'd be quieter, your mouse would be lighter, and if you were using this mouse, the airflow would still pass through the open shell, just at far greater speed and pressure, making it much more effective.

System Name Miami
Processor Ryzen 3800X
Motherboard Asus Crosshair VII Formula
Cooling Ek Velocity/ 2x 280mm Radiators/ Alphacool fullcover
Memory F4-3600C16Q-32GTZNC
Video Card(s) XFX 6900 XT Speedster 0
Storage 1TB WD M.2 SSD/ 2TB WD SN750/ 4TB WD Black HDD
Display(s) DELL AW3420DW / HP ZR24w
Case Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL
Audio Device(s) EVGA Nu Audio
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Gold 1000W+750W
Mouse Corsair Scimitar/Glorious Model O-
Keyboard Corsair K95 Platinum
Software Windows 10 Pro
Thirdly, vibration really doesn't work the way you think it does here. Imagine holding a gamepad while the vibration function is active. You wouldn't be able to hold it perfectly still, and if you moved it around, it wouldn't follow a straight line either.

The example you presented made your first sentence very ironic. The Vibration generators are designed to generate a predetermined amount of vibrations throught imbalance. A fan is designed to be balanced at a set range of speed. Next you have to look at the actual mass of the fan, and how much vibration is generated through imbalance. A fan is adequately balanced and one that would fit inside a mouse would weigh next to nothing, a few grams. It can't possibly generate enough force to affect the movements of the user.

The example you presented made your first sentence very ironic. The Vibration generators are designed to generate a predetermined amount of vibrations throught imbalance. A fan is designed to be balanced at a set range of speed. Next you have to look at the actual mass of the fan, and how much vibration is generated through imbalance. A fan is adequately balanced and one that would fit inside a mouse would weigh next to nothing, a few grams. It can't possibly generate enough force to affect the movements of the user.
This is somewhat true, but we're talking about a mouse where saving 1g is preferable to almost anything else. I have absolutely no doubt whatsoever in my mind that there absolutely are people who will claim to be able to feel it and will demand it is isolated from the body of the mouse.

Those same people however, are far more likely to be concerned by the other points I raised.