Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by crazy pyro, Nov 15, 2009.
how many members here own an android tablet?
1. Whats the verizon phone of choice right now. Needs to be 4G and rootable.
2. If I buy a used 4G phone and upgrade my current unlimited 3G account using the website will it work without adding any additional fee's? Trying to avoid dealing with going to the store.
I have an HP TouchPad 16GB that rooted and running CM7
1. I would say either the Razer MAXX (for good battery life) or the Galaxy Nexus (going to get earlier updates, less crapware, etc.).
2. You're going to have to call customer support for that. Don't say "buy a used phone" just say "activate a 4G phone" and ask them if you're going to be grandfathered into a 4G unlimited data plan. It's tough to get unlimited 4G with any carrier now, but if you're currently on unlimited 3G, you have a decent chance of keeping your unlimited plan.
has having a pad made any major difference to your tech usage?? I got a pc and a netbook, but i was pondering having a pad to use when im in bed to watch youtube and other shit when i dont want to turn the netbook on.
I think the tablet for that purpose might be worse, as you have to hold it upright to view. With the laptop or netbook, it stays at the right angle with the hinges.
I love reading email on the tablet, and games are fun (even playing stupid stuff like Tic Tac Toe on it with my wife), but it won't replace my PC for sure. Browsing is sometimes annoying, as some sites won't display a mobile version if you want it, or others (like the TPU forums) won't display in a standard view, only mobile.
1. Stick it out for the Incredible 4G or Go Droid MAXX. If you can't get either, Rezound, Spectrum or Lucid. In that order.
2. I have been on VZW for 6 years, I had no problem with unlimited 4g from my grandfathered plan. Right now they something called "2 new devices" rule. Once you switch out your current device you get 2 more new device switches before needing to sign onto a new data plan.
Just bought a Galaxy Nexus on fleabay
$335 shipped for an apparently new phone, just opened to activate and for pictures.. I'm skeptical but assuming ti works its a nice upgrade over my rooted incredible.
I have a Galaxy Nexus 32Gb.
In addition, rumors are big red is doing a $30 device activation on every renewal now.
Yeah, I have been with verizon for 8 years. Got my first Verizon contract when I was 17.
Thats nothing new, to get it activated at the store has always cost $$
Doing it online is free
Big red is turning into a Big ripoff. They are on a powertrip anymore.
Claims are they are charging it even if you don't do the 2yr discount upgrade and stay on the same device.
Apparently they've "stolen" and not credited the guys over at MIUI Android for all of their hard work on the XML files and translations. The MIUI Android guys have been kicking up a right stink on twitter recently.
I got a new app last night call WHS phone:
It's basically a Windows Home Server console that you can access from your Android.
Got my Galaxy Nexus from ebay. Was as advertised, new in an opened box for $325.
Got it activated, unlocked and rooted already. Currently installing MIUI
Us Rezound users just got s off loving it !
Very nice shib, if htc would get off their butts and release some ics kernel source would get miui.
i could never go back without it now, love some of the default features (even if mines from the now defunct galnet MIUI)
edit: their site is back up? was that a weird troll attempt or something?
I love MIUI.. one thing that is annoying the bejeezus out of me tho.. in SMS in the Recommend tab its all asian phrases im assuming and I cant figure out how to delete them
I'm gonna try some other roms
that why i'm on galnet, the scotland one. i guess they got over their issues, since their site is now back up and running.
Hey popswala do you have a screen protector on your sgs? A coworker had problems like you described, turned out here screen was filthy. Might have to take a picture and put it the help desk thread.
If you do have a screen protector, I say take it off and clean it. If not, just clean it. I might goes as far as dismantling it to clean it. These phones don't just do random shit.
ICS just came out for my GS2, should i do it? or stay with 2.3.6??
I pressed postpone on the update now its unavailable?... dafuq
Doing it over Kies.
Anyone on a nexus looking for a rom, I highly recommend http://rootzwiki.com/topic/15793-aospliquidsmooth-ics-v13-rom04212012/
I'd move to it tbh. ICS will only get better. GB is dying.
Separate names with a comma.