• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Google Chrome and Chrome OS......

System Name My Gaming System
Processor Intel i7 4770k @ 4.4 Ghz
Motherboard Asus Maximus VI Impact (ITX)
Cooling Custom Full System Water cooling Loop
Memory G.Skill 1866 Mhz Sniper 8 Gb
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 780 ti SC
Storage Samsung SSD EVO 120GB - Samsung SSD EVO 500GB
Display(s) ASUS W246H - 24" - widescreen TFT active matrix LCD
Case Bitfenix Prodigy
Power Supply Corsair AX760 Modular PSU
Software Windows 8.1 Home Primeum
Hey guys I have been using a browser lately called Chrome ..... It's made by Google. Well as far as my opinion about it...... Well it's wonderful. It launches really fast(even on computer's that I know are slow) It renders web pages uber fast as well. It has low overhead and is way faster than Fire fox or IE8 could ever wish to be........ So thoughts or complaints on that ?????

Now the next thoughts or complaints as well............... I was searching the other day and came across this......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANMrzw7JFzA&feature=channel

It is an operating system in development by Google. It is called Chrome O.S. Right now it is still in development stage. Although a version of it is run on the new Droid phone. Again it is one of these programs that will have a low foot print. Which would make it great for gaming applications. Google is also claiming that it can use almost any APP. in the world with out have to worry about compatibility or Downloading it. They say if the App is on the internet it is compatible. Which would make it a better alternative to Linux. It also seems to work from almost completely off the web. Which again means low overhead. It also seems to be easy to operate, as it operates almost just like a web browser.
I just thought I'd throw these developments out there for people to comment on. I'm not sure how long Chrome browser has been out....... So that might be old news. But I would still like to hear opinions.
But the Chrome O.S. I believe is very new. If you ask me it looks promising and If I were Microsoft (with a big company like Google) I would keep an eye out for this popping up. It might turn into a nice alternative if Win 7 fails. Unfortunately it's only scheduled to be on things like Net Books and Cell phones.

It also turns out I made a boo boo. I made this post before I looked........ There is a discussion about Chrome Browser a couple of posts below mine So I will leave the link to that...... But I would still lie to discuss Chrome O.S.

http://forums.techpowerup.com/showthread.php?t=109870

Last edited:

DrPepper

The Doctor is in the house
System Name Rusky
Processor Intel Core i7 D0 3.8Ghz
Motherboard Asus P6T
Cooling Thermaltake Dark Knight
Memory 12GB Patriot Viper's 1866mhz 9-9-9-24
Video Card(s) GTX470 1280MB
Storage OCZ Summit 60GB + Samsung 1TB + Samsung 2TB
Display(s) Sharp Aquos L32X20E 1920 x 1080
Case Silverstone Raven RV01
Power Supply Corsair 650 Watt
Software Windows 7 x64
Benchmark Scores 3DMark06 - 18064 http://img.techpowerup.org/090720/Capture002.jpg
I don't think chrome OS will be a viable gaming OS. Especially if ati or nvidia choose not to support it.

System Name B450+2700x
Processor Ryzen 2700x
Motherboard MSI B450 Tomahawk
Memory Ballistix Sport LT - BLS2K8G4D30BESBK
Video Card(s) EVGA GeForce GTX 1650 XC 4GB DDR5
Storage PNY SSD
Display(s) 2x LG 27" IPS
Case NZKT H510
Power Supply CORSAIR - RMx Series 850
Chrome is awesome!! Been using it for a while now, my only complaint so far is shockwave/flash will hang and crash the browser, but the browser auto reloads the pages open. Also it isnt compatible with some plug-ins, the paypal plug in is my favorite but doesnt work. So I still have to use IE for some things.

DrPepper

System Name Rusky
Motherboard Asus P6T
Software Windows 7 x64
Benchmark Scores 3DMark06 - 18064 http://img.techpowerup.org/090720/Capture002.jpg
Yeah it isn't as polished as FF that's why I don't use it or safari.

Case Bitfenix Prodigy
I don't think chrome OS will be a viable gaming OS. Especially if ati or nvidia choose not to support it.

Maybe not as is....... no...... But if you watch the video on you tube they said any app that is on the net will work. Now this might be steam up your ass of course. But it might not be either. Also if Win 7 fails ATI and Nvidia might have no other choice but to jump ship. Especially if the buisness sector drops Microsoft because of failure to deliver. Sure if that happens they have a lot of other options like...... Mac OS, Linux, among others. But because Google is already well non as well as so large and everyone already knows how to use it.

You never know it might go over like gang buster's. But again they said it can already use an App on the net. All that would have to happen is a code writer get board and start writing.

But I also am not that well versed in the way OS's are written and made. So I could be missing another picture here too.

DrPepper

System Name Rusky
Motherboard Asus P6T
Software Windows 7 x64
Maybe not as is....... no...... But if you watch the video on you tube they said any app that is on the net will work. Now this might be steam up your ass of course. But it might not be either. Also if Win 7 fails ATI and Nvidia might have no other choice but to jump ship. Especially if the buisness sector drops Microsoft because of failure to deliver. Sure if that happens they have a lot of other options like...... Mac OS, Linux, among others. But because Google is already well non as well as so large and everyone already knows how to use it.

You never know it might go over like gang buster's. But again they said it can already use an App on the net. All that would have to happen is a code writer get board and start writing.

It's based on unix so no it can't run games well or at all.

Also it doesn't have directx so again unless they come up with a competitor to directx 11 they don't have a viable market in gaming.

System Name B450+2700x
Processor Ryzen 2700x
Motherboard MSI B450 Tomahawk
Memory Ballistix Sport LT - BLS2K8G4D30BESBK
Video Card(s) EVGA GeForce GTX 1650 XC 4GB DDR5
Storage PNY SSD
Display(s) 2x LG 27" IPS
Case NZKT H510
Power Supply CORSAIR - RMx Series 850
Man FF has been driving me crazy lately any more than 4 tabs and it takes forever to load pages....Google OS is gonna be great in my opinion we'll prob see $150 netbooks coming out with it...Although it kinda seems like a 2010 Linux, just has a friendlier name

AMD_ATI

I use it a lot but there are some websites that just don't seem to work with it but I don't know if that's a problem with chrome or the website but they all seem to work with firefox now but in the early days I had the same problem with firefox so I'm sure they'll sort it out soon.

Case Bitfenix Prodigy
It's based on unix so no it can't run games well or at all.

Also it doesn't have directx so again unless they come up with a competitor to directx 11 they don't have a viable market in gaming.

Unix is a old form of Linux Correct? I thought they had cheat's and cracks to make Direct X to work with Linux. If not that is fine....... But remember there is always open GL. (since this is all speculation and nothing else) Who's to say if Microsoft falls...... Direct X will fall with it. You figure while Direct X looks better than open GL right now.... it won't always be that way. Not only no company can stay on top forever.
If you ask me I would be happy if Direct X failed or at least went open........ It would give us the option as gamers to choose something else besides Windows.

As it stands right now you are right with what you say. But my thoughts are more in the arena of "what if?" I just thought it would be great. Also Google's OS is just in the early stages so there is know way to be sure who would support what. Maybe if it did get popualr enough...... It might pose Microsoft to develop a new OS similar and that would give all the options you just named.

But even with out the gaming factor involved. I think it is still an amazing option especially for Note books, Lap tops and older or lower end desktops. Especially if they market it for free download. It might be a cool duel boot option. Let's say you just want to get on and browse. You just boot up and your on your way before you know it.

I use it a lot but there are some websites that just don't seem to work with it but I don't know if that's a problem with chrome or the website but they all seem to work with firefox now but in the early days I had the same problem with firefox so I'm sure they'll sort it out soon.

Yeah it is a little buggy right now. But they will fix it with patches I'm sure. But you are right. FF was the same when it started too.

Processor Core i5 3570K
Motherboard AsRock z77 Pro4
Cooling Zalman CNPS10X Extreme
Memory 2x4GB GSkill Sniper
Video Card(s) MSI GTX970 Gaming
Storage 240GB OCZ ARC 100, Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB
Display(s) LG 23" 1920x1080
Case Antec P100
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Antec Edge 750W
Software Windows 8.1 Pro 64
Yeah, my thoughts are in what if too.

What if someone drops 2 million dollars on my porch?
What if someone offered me a free mansion?
What if I woke up with the ability to fly and shoot fire from my ass?

What ifs don't feed your children, and if you're putting money down on Microsoft and DirectX going down the tubes anytime soon, you're better off putting that cash in an envelope and sending it to me. I'll PM you my address if you like.

System Name Awesomesauce 4.3 | Laptop (MSI GE72VR 6RF Apache Pro-023)
Processor Intel Core i7-5820K 4.16GHz 1.28v/3GHz 1.05v uncore | Intel Core i7-6700HQ @ 3.1GHz
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-X99-UD5 WiFi LGA2011-v3| Stock
Cooling Corsair H100i v2 w/ 2x EK Vardar F4-120ER + various 120/140mm case fans | Stock
Memory G.Skill RJ-4 16GB DDR4-2666 CL15 quad channel | 12GB DDR4-2133
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 1080 Ti Hybrid SC2 11GB @ 2012/5151 boost | NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB +200/+500 + Intel 530
Storage Samsung 840 EVO 500GB + Seagate 3TB 7200RPM + others | Kingston 256GB M.2 SATA + 1TB 7200RPM
Display(s) Acer G257HU 1440p 60Hz AH-IPS 4ms | 17.3" 1920*1080 60Hz wide angle TN notebook panel
Case Fractal Design Define XL R2 | MSI
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster Z | Realtek with quad stereo speakers and subwoofer
Power Supply Corsair HX850i Platinum | 19.5v 180w Delta brick
Software Windows 10 Pro x64 | Windows 10 Home x64
I've used Google Chrome for a couple months and love the speed, since it caches everything in RAM. There are some slight compatibility issues and it says some webpages can't be opened once in a while, but that is usually fixed by refreshing the page.

System Name MSI apache ge62 2qd
Processor intel i7 5700HQ
Memory 12 Gb
Video Card(s) GTX960m
Storage 1TB
Display(s) Dell 24'
As far as games goes, google will just buy some gaming companies.
I think it'll fail cause, having to be constantly connected to the internet. How many people have bandwidth caps? They'll reach the cap in a jiffy and what about the countries in which internet connectivity still sucks?

Solaris17

Super Dainty Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rocinante
Processor I9 14900KS
Motherboard EVGA z690 Dark KINGPIN (modded BIOS)
Cooling EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB
Memory 64GB Gskill Trident Z5 DDR5 6000 @6400
Video Card(s) MSI SUPRIM Liquid X 4090
Storage 1x 500GB 980 Pro | 1x 1TB 980 Pro | 1x 8TB Corsair MP400
Display(s) Odyssey OLED G9 G95SC
Case Lian Li o11 Evo Dynamic White
Audio Device(s) Moondrop S8's on Schiit Hel 2e
Power Supply Bequiet! Power Pro 12 1500w
Mouse Lamzu Atlantis mini (White)
Keyboard Monsgeek M3 Lavender, Akko Crystal Blues
VR HMD Quest 3
Software Windows 11
Benchmark Scores I dont have time for that.
As far as games goes, google will just buy some gaming companies.
I think it'll fail cause, having to be constantly connected to the internet. How many people have bandwidth caps? They'll reach the cap in a jiffy and what about the countries in which internet connectivity still sucks?

agreed i thought the idea was going to be awesome until they came out of the closet and said that all apps were web based. then i said fail and went to a diff website.

DirectorC

System Name -= Son of a Whore =-
Processor E8400 @ 4.0GHz (445 x 9)
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212+
Memory 3GB Corsair XMS2
Video Card(s) EVGA 8800 GT 512
Storage 74GB Raptor + Caviars in RAID0
Display(s) I-Inc 19" LCD 1440x900
Audio Device(s) Audigy SE & Logitech X-540
Power Supply Corsair 750TX
Software Win32 v6.1.7600
Benchmark Scores Logitech KB & Sidewinder X3
Unix is a old form of Linux Correct? I thought they had cheat's and cracks to make Direct X to work with Linux.

UNIX is the operating system standard that Linux was based on and intended to comply with. Thus, Linux is considered a variation of the UNIX operating system. It's not the 'older' version of Linux.

Also, ChromeOS is based on Linux. And many games have been ported to Linux, and with WINE/Crossover you can play a lot of the games out there just fine, though because the DX libraries run in modulation mode, you have to turn off a bunch of advanced features, but you can get most games to look pretty nice.

It's also not impossible to port games to Linux and play them with all the settings on high, as nVidia and AMD have perfectly functional 3D drivers for Linux. It's just that developers don't care to spend the money on porting because it doesn't end up being profitable.

If you could play any game on Linux perfectly, using Steam/Punkbuster etc just like you can on Windows, I would not be using Windows at all. But since I'm a gamer, Windows is all I have.

System Name ODIN
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
Motherboard Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite AX V2
Cooling Dark Rock 4
Memory G Skill RipjawsV F4 3600 Mhz C16
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX 3080 Ventus 3X OC LHR
Storage Crucial 2 TB M.2 SSD :: WD Blue M.2 1TB SSD :: 1 TB WD Black VelociRaptor
Display(s) Dell S2716DG 27" 144 Hz G-SYNC
Case Fractal Meshify C
Audio Device(s) Onboard Audio
Power Supply Antec HCP 850 80+ Gold
Mouse Corsair M65
Keyboard Corsair K70 RGB Lux
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Benchmark Scores I don't benchmark.
Just to clarify, while Linux was originally a variate of UNIX, it is no longer considered so. It was and is only a kernel, not an entire OS, which is why several hundred OS's have been built on top of it.

Google Chrome is based on Ubuntu in particular if I am not mistake (just like the first time they did this that people chose not to recall) and it will fail again I hope. I have not used it, but it seems a little more restrictive than several other options for netbook and cloud computing.

I find JollyCloud a better solution for this type of OS.

Solaris17

Super Dainty Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rocinante
Processor I9 14900KS
Motherboard EVGA z690 Dark KINGPIN (modded BIOS)
Cooling EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB
Memory 64GB Gskill Trident Z5 DDR5 6000 @6400
Video Card(s) MSI SUPRIM Liquid X 4090
Storage 1x 500GB 980 Pro | 1x 1TB 980 Pro | 1x 8TB Corsair MP400
Display(s) Odyssey OLED G9 G95SC
Case Lian Li o11 Evo Dynamic White
Audio Device(s) Moondrop S8's on Schiit Hel 2e
Power Supply Bequiet! Power Pro 12 1500w
Mouse Lamzu Atlantis mini (White)
Keyboard Monsgeek M3 Lavender, Akko Crystal Blues
VR HMD Quest 3
Software Windows 11
Benchmark Scores I dont have time for that.
Just to clarify, while Linux was originally a variate of UNIX, it is no longer considered so. It was and is only a kernel, not an entire OS, which is why several hundred OS's have been built on top of it.

Google Chrome is based on Ubuntu in particular if I am not mistake (just like the first time they did this that people chose not to recall) and it will fail again I hope. I have not used it, but it seems a little more restrictive than several other options for netbook and cloud computing.

I find JollyCloud a better solution for this type of OS.

i dont think that it is based off of ubuntu. google uses their own version of ubuntu internally but chrome will not be based off of it. simply the kernal itself. I dont bealive it will have any of the flexability a normal linux distrobution would. as it stands i dont even think you can install anything. from what iv read it seems the only things ever touched and added to the PC. are saved files from w/e app you use online. and things that the OS subsystem uses like updating te flash player etc. I bealive the entire point of chrome was to intigrate not just "interact" with html 5 that said it only makes sense to bealive what they said in saying that it will only be web based apps. Thats of course after you see how wicked addicted to html 5 google is. case in point google wave.

DirectorC

System Name -= Son of a Whore =-
Processor E8400 @ 4.0GHz (445 x 9)
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212+
Memory 3GB Corsair XMS2
Video Card(s) EVGA 8800 GT 512
Storage 74GB Raptor + Caviars in RAID0
Display(s) I-Inc 19" LCD 1440x900
Audio Device(s) Audigy SE & Logitech X-540
Power Supply Corsair 750TX
Software Win32 v6.1.7600
Benchmark Scores Logitech KB & Sidewinder X3
The Chrome OS is supposed to make for an 'Appliance' style platform. It'll be: the kernel, the drivers and other kernel modules, enough of the subsystem to execute X-Windows applications, X-Windows video drivers, and Google Chrome Browser, as well as the Java Runtime Environment. You can expect it to come with Flash player also. That's about as complex as ChromeOS gets.

Memory 12 Gb
Video Card(s) GTX960m
Storage 1TB
Display(s) Dell 24'
AFAIK Unix and Linux are separate. Linux was built from scratch to support a larger set of systems(Almost every system had a different OS at that time). Linux was designed to be Unix like, it wasn't based on it.

For those of you who want to have an experience of web based applications try opera unite
http://unite.opera.com/

System Name ODIN
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
Motherboard Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite AX V2
Cooling Dark Rock 4
Memory G Skill RipjawsV F4 3600 Mhz C16
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX 3080 Ventus 3X OC LHR
Storage Crucial 2 TB M.2 SSD :: WD Blue M.2 1TB SSD :: 1 TB WD Black VelociRaptor
Display(s) Dell S2716DG 27" 144 Hz G-SYNC
Case Fractal Meshify C
Audio Device(s) Onboard Audio
Power Supply Antec HCP 850 80+ Gold
Mouse Corsair M65
Keyboard Corsair K70 RGB Lux
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Benchmark Scores I don't benchmark.
Sorry the original attempt gOS was based on Ubuntu witha Google moded version of Enlightment for the UI. I got my facts crossed.

The Chrome OS is supposed to make for an 'Appliance' style platform. It'll be: the kernel, the drivers and other kernel modules, enough of the subsystem to execute X-Windows applications, X-Windows video drivers, and Google Chrome Browser, as well as the Java Runtime Environment. You can expect it to come with Flash player also. That's about as complex as ChromeOS gets.

Which is why it will not "game". While I am sure there will be 200 tower defense games and a Apple style app store, but it will not game with mainstream titles. I don't know how that got brought up, but you can't hold that against it because it is not its intended purpose or target audience. It is suppose to fast, light weight, and easy to use. Three things it does well. I just don't like the fact it is a hyped up web browser. The interface just seems lacking and clustered because any running app, window, website, everything is a tab. You get a fair number of things running you can loose track of what did what quickly. I mean, icons help, but some apps run on websites so they are standard browser tabs. JoliCloud is a more traditional OS structure and does suffer from the cluster fuck of a web browser tabbing everything.

Last edited:
Memory 12 Gb
Video Card(s) GTX960m
Storage 1TB
Display(s) Dell 24'
Main stream gaming could still be possible. Their servers will do all the processing and send the data back to the users system. No need for high end systems, just super high speed internet.

DrPepper

System Name Rusky
Motherboard Asus P6T
Software Windows 7 x64
Unix is a old form of Linux Correct? I thought they had cheat's and cracks to make Direct X to work with Linux. If not that is fine....... But remember there is always open GL. (since this is all speculation and nothing else) Who's to say if Microsoft falls...... Direct X will fall with it. You figure while Direct X looks better than open GL right now.... it won't always be that way. Not only no company can stay on top forever.
If you ask me I would be happy if Direct X failed or at least went open........ It would give us the option as gamers to choose something else besides Windows.

As it stands right now you are right with what you say. But my thoughts are more in the arena of "what if?" I just thought it would be great. Also Google's OS is just in the early stages so there is know way to be sure who would support what. Maybe if it did get popualr enough...... It might pose Microsoft to develop a new OS similar and that would give all the options you just named.

But even with out the gaming factor involved. I think it is still an amazing option especially for Note books, Lap tops and older or lower end desktops. Especially if they market it for free download. It might be a cool duel boot option. Let's say you just want to get on and browse. You just boot up and your on your way before you know it.

OpenGL is hardly ever used at all. I doubt anyone is going to be using openGL 3.0 either. I doubt google's OS will be a big contender against 7. Most people would be afraid to buy it over microsoft simply because it's different.

As I said it is incredibly unlikely that microsoft will fall simply because of this os from google. Apple can't beat MS even with a superior OS and software packages and there is loads of linux packages out there that make up about 2% of the market.

Case Bitfenix Prodigy
Yeah, my thoughts are in what if too.

What if someone drops 2 million dollars on my porch?
What if someone offered me a free mansion?
What if I woke up with the ability to fly and shoot fire from my ass?

What ifs don't feed your children, and if you're putting money down on Microsoft and DirectX going down the tubes anytime soon, you're better off putting that cash in an envelope and sending it to me. I'll PM you my address if you like.

Yeah Yeah Yeah........ Sure just blow my dream than:)

UNIX is the operating system standard that Linux was based on and intended to comply with. Thus, Linux is considered a variation of the UNIX operating system. It's not the 'older' version of Linux.

Also, ChromeOS is based on Linux. And many games have been ported to Linux, and with WINE/Crossover you can play a lot of the games out there just fine, though because the DX libraries run in modulation mode, you have to turn off a bunch of advanced features, but you can get most games to look pretty nice.

It's also not impossible to port games to Linux and play them with all the settings on high, as nVidia and AMD have perfectly functional 3D drivers for Linux. It's just that developers don't care to spend the money on porting because it doesn't end up being profitable.

If you could play any game on Linux perfectly, using Steam/Punkbuster etc just like you can on Windows, I would not be using Windows at all. But since I'm a gamer, Windows is all I have.

I fully understand it is not a great idea right at this moment. But it was just a thought. I didn't mean for this thread to get all hung up on it. So I will leave the gaming part along for right now. Just thought it would be cool for a whit if scenario....... But oh yeah I forget what if's don't feed What's his faces children.

Regaurdless of all that with out offending the what if police...... It still is really cool and just a really great idea.

AsRock

TPU addict
Processor AMD 3900X \ AMD 7700X
Motherboard ASRock AM4 X570 Pro 4 \ ASUS X670Xe TUF
Cooling D15
Memory Patriot 2x16GB PVS432G320C6K \ G.Skill Flare X5 F5-6000J3238F 2x16GB
Video Card(s) eVga GTX1060 SSC \ XFX RX 6950XT RX-695XATBD9
Storage Sammy 860, MX500, Sabrent Rocket 4 Sammy Evo 980 \ 1xSabrent Rocket 4+, Sammy 2x990 Pro
Display(s) Samsung 1080P \ LG 43UN700
Case Fractal Design Pop Air 2x140mm fans from Torrent \ Fractal Design Torrent 2 SilverStone FHP141x2
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V677 \ Yamaha CX-830+Yamaha MX-630 Infinity RS4000\Paradigm P Studio 20, Blue Yeti
Power Supply Seasonic Prime TX-750 \ Corsair RM1000X Shift
Mouse Steelseries Sensei wireless \ Steelseries Sensei wireless
Keyboard Logitech K120 \ Wooting Two HE
Benchmark Scores Meh benchmarks.
Chrome OS better than Linux yeah right. Don't believe the hype.

Google Chrome browser is nothing special and find Seamonkey much better one.

If only Linux worked with all games then windows would not see the light of day on any of my systems.

Case Bitfenix Prodigy
Chrome OS better than Linux yeah right. Don't believe the hype.

Google Chrome browser is nothing special and find Seamonkey much better one.

If only Linux worked with all games then windows would not see the light of day on any of my systems.

I'm not saying it is better at all. That would be impossible it is not even implemented yet. You are right I would gladly leave Windows if Linux was a viable option for Gaming. But what Google chrome OS has is growth potential.
I used to love windows...... but have recently become somewhat anti windows. Yes Microsoft has come up with some really great idea's. But now that they are so large they do take advantage of the situation.
That is why I get so excited when anyone comes out with a new option. I wouldn't care if it was McDonald's that came out with and OS....... I would still be excited because there would be more competition. It might make Microsoft to be a little more consumer friendly.

As I said it is incredibly unlikely that microsoft will fall simply because of this os from google.

I never said that they would fall because of Google Chrome OS. What I was more meaning that they would fall because of their own accord. Example( Vista, Failure to listen to the customer, Internet explorer problems Exc....) I just stated that it would give a good chance for someone else to step up. And who better than a house hold name like Google.
Like I said this is all just speculation and What if's ....... But if there were no what if's in the world then computer's in general would have never advanced in the first place. It takes someone with a creative Idea and thought to push forward things in the first place.
And to hinder those thoughts are anti Constructive.

Although I will agree that there are just some thoughts that shouldn't be brought up...... Like for example .......... What if Nvidia's Femi is 27 times more powerful than a 5870.

At least my Idea has some logic behind it. And not just based on wild guess's

Also A question about Chrome Browser........ I have an old AOL mail account back from the days of Dial up that I still use. I am wondering if anyone else here has one and uses Chrome. When I use Chrome occasionally to access that account......... It fails to render the sign in area. Just wonder if anyone else is experiencing the same problem with either AOL or just sign in's in general with it.

Last edited: